Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Being Afraid of What’s in the Dark

Still Waters

The world is filled with skeptics, naysayers and disbelievers, but whatever’s lurking out there in the shadows has become real enough to cause legitimate psychological constructs. But what do we call these? What names have been given to these cases of paranormal induced paranoia?

http://mysteriousuni...ts-in-the-dark/

Frankly I feel that those not afraid of the dead need help.

=====================================================

being afraid of the dark is quite a normal instinct with humans, we like to be in control and when the lights are out and we can not see properly, we are no longer in control.

Being afraid of what may be out there can be for numerous reasons, be it 'not seeing what is there' and mainly, what we have been told and heard could be there.

I have often walked the family cemetery during the day and its is one of the most peaceful places I know, if it were not for the horror films and folktales I have seen and heard throughout the years, I would most likely feel the same at night, but The night of the Living dead keeps popping up in my mind when I contemplate going there at night. Its all in my mind, so now I know it may be Spectrophobia, but I refer to the above quote from the article, I know why i am afraid sometimes of the dark, but its nothing a good bright torch would not sort out.

The world is filled with skeptics, naysayers and disbelievers, but whatever’s lurking out there in the shadows has become real enough to cause legitimate psychological constructs. But what do we call these? What names have been given to these cases of paranormal induced paranoia?

http://mysteriousuni...ts-in-the-dark/

Animal instincts to make us find safety at night so we dont get eaten?

Turning off all the lights in the house and siting quitely in a room on your own to see what comes to get you quickly cures the fear.

I know someone who, of they sleep with the lights or tv off, they will have nightmares.

Our Amina.

That part of us that fears predation. Many hunters are nocturnal, we have not shed our instincts.

Best way to cure it forever?

If you are disciplined enough sit in the wilderness alone at night for three days and nights with out ever going to sleep. You won't be able to entirely, but the Highs and lows you will go through will change your perspectives forever.

Trust me the sunrise after the first night will the most incredible sunrise you have ever experienced, by the third night normal darkness will never bother you again.

:) just some tips.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1