Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Human race is losing inteligence.

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#181    simijkaktoka

simijkaktoka

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

of course we are lossing it, watching tv, internet and gulping pop corn, potato chips and colas, most of our free time, we definately are the potato couch civilization = big bellies no brains.

#182    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Those who do all those things probably never "had it."  Progress always has and always will depend on just a few.

#183    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

I do those things on all my free time.....but of course I don't really have all that much free time(I think we can all agree that we are losing time just for ourselves), but hey that's life :P

Edited by Jinxdom, 17 March 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#184    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 17 March 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I do those things on all my free time.....but of course I don't really have all that much free time(I think we can all agree that we are losing time just for ourselves), but hey that's life :P
Good point, although I don't, so it's easy for me to look down on those who do.  Trouble is it is not because of any excess of virtue in me, but an excess of boredom and dislike that keeps me pure.

#185    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

It's like everything else, a matter of perception. Like text speak, I see is a more efficient way to write what you want. Using it on your cell phone to communicate instead of whole words is more intelligent then using the longest vocabulary words when you have a character limit. Any factor, that people said I can link some positive benefit to it, when it comes to intelligence.

Intelligence is one of those things that will always boggle my mind because you can find it almost any where but it isn't very common, and not set to one distinct set of attributes, yet you will always know it when you see it.

#186    Lex540

Lex540

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

• I am unique and distinct

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

wrong conclusion from the right deduction but anyway its because the world's minds have become to lazy due to tech advancements

#187    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

I don't think entertainments like computer games and TV have nearly the mind-numbing effect of poor nutrition and child labor, so we should over all be smarter.

#188    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

yes i believe that and that is what is happening right now as a matter of fact too!!!always watching t.v and non sense.like for example Angelina jolie got a new nose job or just got a new baby from china or etc.really guys and people you call this news.or another example this and that just got divorced  who gives a damn people.stop living the life's and watching the life's of others start living your for once watch and hear real news.i will tell this you won't hear real honest news from the mainstream media and etc.you people gotta watch alternative real honest news and radio stations.here's a quote for all humanity and title of a book as well."excuse me your life is waiting"you make life happen to you not life happen to you!!!wake up humanity read real books,read more,get off your couches and etc and be active and let these celebrities live their life's.here's something  else do you think the famous people really care about you???you people call these role models??? and finally stop buying these things and materialistic items just because these role models or famous people have them.are you being yourself???

Edited by Andromedan Starseed 333, 25 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#189    Shego

Shego

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

• "And I'm alive
    I'm God's favorite
    And I'm an angel
    The purest you've ever met"
    - Jyrki 69 (bit me 10/6/09)

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

The internet has helped us commuicate more efficiently. This new techonology has helped us do things at a quicker rate than before. That's true, but it has also made us lazier and more distant from people. I mean, am I the only person of my age that would enjoy talking face to face to someone or call them over the phone, then through text? Texting is annoying, it's impersonal as hell and it's just words on a screen, it can be misinterpreted so much. And plus, it's just a major pain for me. Bad things have happened to me because of texting. lol, uh, yeah.

What's the point of having unlimited talk minutes that you NEVER use? It's silly and I know a lot of people that have that.

Edited by Leona Lewis, 26 March 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

I want a guy with a rich boy standards
Handsome, has it, want it , have it

#190    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,453 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

View PostLeona Lewis, on 26 March 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

The internet has helped us commuicate more efficiently. This new techonology has helped us do things at a quicker rate than before. That's true, but it has also made us lazier and more distant from people. I mean, am I the only person of my age that would enjoy talking face to face to someone or call them over the phone, then through text? Texting is annoying, it's impersonal as hell and it's just words on a screen, it can be misinterpreted so much. And plus, it's just a major pain for me. Bad things have happened to me because of texting. lol, uh, yeah.

What's the point of having unlimited talk minutes that you NEVER use? It's silly and I know a lot of people that have that.

Those are good points. Many people still prefer calls over texts. Facebook and Twitter can't replace outings and visits with good friends. One wonders if technology also lowers our emotional intelligence. It might impact how we communicate with people during conversations in real life. It might even impact our literary and verbal proficiency. For instance, they say that letter-writing is a lost art. Technology improves our lives in many ways, but it should never replace honest human interaction.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#191    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Internet and whatever other technologies are temporary. What matters long term is the human gene pool. And with the less intelligent breeding more and the more intelligent breeding less, it is obvious that we are slowly receding.
There really is nothing to argue. This will continue until there is a paradigm change.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#192    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 17 March 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I dont think "but hey that's life" is the solution.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#193    Apollyon734

Apollyon734

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.
    Marcus Aurelius

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

FLOURIDE IN THE WATER

My honest opinion.

#194    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,129 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

View PostApollyon734, on 24 October 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

FLOURIDE IN THE WATER

My honest opinion.
Maybe that's just you?

#195    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 08 April 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Internet and whatever other technologies are temporary. What matters long term is the human gene pool. And with the less intelligent breeding more and the more intelligent breeding less, it is obvious that we are slowly receding.
There really is nothing to argue. This will continue until there is a paradigm change.
I think this is largely offset by the tendency of the stupid to kill themselves off early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users