Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ed Gein

Wolvenblood

I was watching a documentary about him last night (After one about Manson's followers, so a cheerful night wasn't it?) I was pretty shocked in his making stuff like lampshades out of human skin, hanging human faces, making stuff from body parts. Also had the influence of "Psycho" And "The silence of the lambs" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein any stuff to discuss about him?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• savvygirl

• Queenofthefairies

• Atheist God

• ~Cheese~

This man was very disturbed, was else went on In this mans life as a boy to end up turning In to an animal!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wSGmrwvPwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjubZT-xAc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnbV8XhhifY

Wow never heard of this guy either. But damn that made me sick to read his wikipedia.

Why oh why does these things happen :(

edit :"didn't make it better when you google Ed Gein the first picture that pops up is one of his victims hanging upside down decapitated, just a little warning ;)"

Edited by III

Wow never heard of this guy either. But damn that made me sick to read his wikipedia.

Why oh why does these things happen :(

edit :"didn't make it better when you google Ed Gein the first picture that pops up is one of his victims hanging upside down decapitated, just a little warning ;)"

Be a warning to the eyes? or shall I remove the links to the doco, do you think? your opinion plz...........

Im easy,............ I dont want to ruffle any feathers!

He seemed so pathetic and mild mannered - a REAL horror story.

Ed Gein and Albert Fish are my two favorite sickos to read about.

www.crimelibrary.com

I always keep this website in my favorites. You can search almost any killer from almost any time period.

OH MY GOD!

I'd never heard of him either so googled him on google images.

What my eyes have seen cannot be unseen... That'll learn me to read other people's posts fully first!

Was his story any part of Hannibal Lecture, a lot of similarities.

I like the video where the neighbour says about Gein, 'he seemed OK, just a little odd'. I would love to hear some neighbour of some weirdo say, when being interviewed by the press after a massacre 'What? Old Weirdo John from next door? Yeah we stayed away, we always thought he would eat our babies, ever since we saw him dancing in his garden at midnight naked and tying cats tails to fireworks and eating dog food from a golden challis with a severed hand!' Seems like the neighbours of these people always think the weidos are just normal people, which makes you think you could be living next door to any kind of crazed monster! LOL

Grotesque, macabre and insane.

Was Hannibal Lecter based on Ed Gein?

Not so much Hannibal. The Buffalo Bill character from Silence of the Lambs was. Remeber they called him that because he "skins his humps." Also, Leatherface from TCM was loosely based on Gein. Slayer also did a song called Dead Skin Mask about him.

I would love to hear some neighbour of some weirdo say, when being interviewed by the press after a massacre 'What? Old Weirdo John from next door? Yeah we stayed away, we always thought he would eat our babies, ever since we saw him dancing in his garden at midnight naked and tying cats tails to fireworks and eating dog food from a golden challis with a severed hand!' Seems like the neighbours of these people always think the weidos are just normal people, which makes you think you could be living next door to any kind of crazed monster! LOL

I just read all of this and cracked up! You are so right! There's a few oddballs that I've met and said to someone, "That guys gonna be on the news one day after they find him living with corpses and wearing a tinfoil hat."

One day.....

I was watching a documentary about him last night (After one about Manson's followers, so a cheerful night wasn't it?) I was pretty shocked in his making stuff like lampshades out of human skin, hanging human faces, making stuff from body parts. Also had the influence of "Psycho" And "The silence of the lambs" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein any stuff to discuss about him?

His dad was an alcholic and his mom was a religious nut...which led Ed to search in the dark corners of his mind, that in the end turned him to a raving psycho

Did the real Ed Gein use a chainsaw to kill his victims?

No, both of Ed Gein's identified victims, Mary Hogan and Bernice Worden, were shot with a pistol. In November of 1957, police found Bernice Worden hanging from the rafters in a shed behind Gein's house. Her body had been gutted like that of a deer, and the head had been removed. Ed Gein was also the suspect in several other missing persons. The element of the chainsaw that was added for the film's story once again emphasizes the loose connection of the film to Gein. -carpenoctem.tv

Who exactly was Ed Gein and why did he commit such atrocities?

Eddie Gein was the son of Augusta and George Gein. Augusta was a deeply religious woman, who preached the Bible to Eddie and his brother Henry on a daily basis. She warned them about the dangers of loose women, in an effort to keep them from being cast down to hell. She was a strict, hard woman, who never wavered from her own beliefs, which she ingrained into the family. Eddie's father, George, was an alcoholic, and Augusta viewed him as being worthless. She began a grocery business in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and when she had saved enough money she moved the family away from the sin of the city to a farm in Plainfield, Wisconsin. Eddie grew up shy and was ignored by the other kids at school, who saw him as quiet and feminine. If he did try to make friends, his mother scolded him. As a result Eddie turned inward and began to reside in the dark corners of his mind.

He worshipped his mother, and grew upset when his brother Henry criticized her. On May 16, 1944, while fighting a brush fire near the farm, Eddie and Henry split up and went in different directions. After the fire had been extinguished, Eddie grew concerned because his brother had not returned. When police arrived Eddie lead them directly to his "missing" brother Henry, who was lying dead in an area untouched by the fire with bruises on his head. The shy and seemingly harmless Eddie was quickly dismissed as a suspect, and the coroner listed asphyxiation as the cause of death. -crimelibrary.com

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/texaschainsaw.php

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Ed Gein was ****ed up in the brain. He killed people, dug up corpses, made furniture out of bones and other human parts, and he made a full body woman suit out of human skin. Remember that "Goodbye Horses" scene from Silence of the Lambs? Yeah that was based on him.

Ed Gein was ****ed up in the brain. He killed people, dug up corpses, made furniture out of bones and other human parts, and he made a full body woman suit out of human skin. Remember that "Goodbye Horses" scene from Silence of the Lambs? Yeah that was based on him.

He made furniture out of human bones?Well you know marilyn manson is gonna go lookin' on ebay now for human body parts furniture...probably already has...I could just see him now,looking at the different stuff,then he see's the pefect human skin lampshade!Only $3,000!!SOLD!!

• 2 months later...

This guy was realy disturbing. He had things like boxes full of preserved female genitals, or severd scalps that he used for masks. This guy is probably the most disturbing serial killer yet. It's sickening how he would do something like that to any living thing.

This guy was realy disturbing. He had things like boxes full of preserved female genitals, or severd scalps that he used for masks. This guy is probably the most disturbing serial killer yet. It's sickening how he would do something like that to any living thing.

Do you find bear rugs sickening or eating food etc.?

Why is it that people only find this type of thing disturbing when it involves a human and not an animal outside the human species?

Unfortunately, this sicko was who my son did a paper on last year. He's a senior in school this year, but what amazed me was the fact that his teacher allowed him to turn a paper in of him as graphic as it was! Plus, she gave him a good grade on it! It just makes me wanna vomit to think of what Gein did!

I totally just googled it and will probably be up for another hour and a half look at all of the pictures. Thanks.

Gein was sick. He inspired some of the best horror film out there.

Gein was a very disturbed individual!

My question would be should he have died in a mental institution or should he have been executed? It is rather common knowledge that he died in an institution for the criminally insane. He lived on the tax payers dime for a lot of years, is that right or wrong? He was formally accused of the deaths of 2 people. Most of the body parts found on his farm came through his efforts at grave robbery. It goes without saying he was sick but was he sick under the The M'Naghten Rule?http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/insanity-defense#mnaghten-rule

Did he know that what he was doing was morally wrong and against the law? My view is that he did know because he made some efforts to hide his crime which is one of the indicators of insane versus sane. So if indeed he was aware that his deeds were in fact illegal should he have been executed? My view is most definatly. As soon as it was established that the bodies did not get to his farm without his knowledge and that the bodies arrived there by his direct effort. Guilty and hanged by the neck until dead, May God have mercy on his miserable soul.

My question would be should he have died in a mental institution or should he have been executed? It is rather common knowledge that he died in an institution for the criminally insane. He lived on the tax payers dime for a lot of years, is that right or wrong? He was formally accused of the deaths of 2 people. Most of the body parts found on his farm came through his efforts at grave robbery. It goes without saying he was sick but was he sick under the The M'Naghten Rule?http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/insanity-defense#mnaghten-rule

Did he know that what he was doing was morally wrong and against the law? My view is that he did know because he made some efforts to hide his crime which is one of the indicators of insane versus sane. So if indeed he was aware that his deeds were in fact illegal should he have been executed? My view is most definatly. As soon as it was established that the bodies did not get to his farm without his knowledge and that the bodies arrived there by his direct effort. Guilty and hanged by the neck until dead, May God have mercy on his miserable soul.

I agree 100%, He knew what he wasdoing was illegal and he should have been executed.

Ed Gein was a mentally disturbed man, his twisted childhood upbringing with a super religious, overbearing abusive mother made him what he was.

While something according to the law may be illegal some people may not view something such as murder as a bad thing. While someone may make an attempt to hide their activities it's not because they think it's wrong it's simply because they don't want to go down.

While he knew what he did was against the law he did not view it as 'morally' wrong. Just because something is illegal and you are aware of this doesn't mean you won't break a said law if you don't view it as morally wrong.

BTW hanging results in an almost instantaneous death as standard hanging methods used in the US were design to sever the spinal chord which causes instantaneous paralysis, unconsciousness and finally death.

• 3 weeks later...
He made furniture out of human bones?Well you know marilyn manson is gonna go lookin' on ebay now for human body parts furniture...probably already has...I could just see him now,looking at the different stuff,then he see's the pefect human skin lampshade!Only $3,000!!SOLD!!

It's kind of funny.. Manson's really not a bad guy.

Anyway.. Yeah, Gein was screwed up. Interesting stuff, though.

It's art, baby.

Why is it that people only find this type of thing disturbing when it involves a human and not an animal outside the human species?

Self centeredness, it hits a little closer to their sense of self preservation.

Edited by Affliction

Skinned - Blind Melon

I'll make a shoehorn outta your shin

I'll make a lampshade of durable skin

And oh, don't you know that I'm always feelin' able

When I'm sittin' home and I'm carving out your navel

I'm just a sittin' here carving out your navel

When will I realize that this skin I'm in

Hey, it isn't mine

And when will the kill be too much meat for me to hide on

Hey, I could really use a couple of hands

To complete one hell of a plant stand

Oh, and don't you know that I'm caught here in the middle

Making rib cages into coffee tables

I'm just makin' em into coffee tables

And when will I realize that this skin I'm in

Hey, it isn't mine

And when will the thrill be too much meat for me to find anymore

Oh, because you know I can't hide

But oh how hard I try

But this is just the shape I'm in, oh yeah

Although I know I can't hide

But oh how hard I try

But this is just the shape I'm in

Oh yeah, oh yeah

Good song, very catchy... Making rib cages into coffee tables :whistle:

It's art, baby.

Self centeredness, it hits a little closer to their sense of self preservation.

until it's your skin being stretched over someone elses bones. Seriously think about it. and if it doesn't disturb you. Think about your daughters skin being stretched over someone elses bones with your wifes and your skin attatched. you make a lovely couch. If it doesn't disturb you a little bit you need to think about why.