Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Atheist jailed for posting on Facebook -

atheist facebook jailed indonesia

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

LOL,

2012?

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#62    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,897 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostAlienated Being, on 12 August 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

That hardly makes any sense whatsoever. What about the individuals who carried out the 9/11 attacks? They had plenty of religion in their lives, according to the recordings, yet they killed a substantial amount of people.

:tu:

I am sure that religion brings order.

Religion can in it's more "negative" manifestations create folk who are easily led and will follow just about any orders me thinks.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#63    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 13 August 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Religion can in it's more "negative" manifestations create folk who are easily led and will follow just about any orders me thinks.
It's not good being Christian in Morocco... http://www.jihadwatc...n-facebook.html

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#64    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

wtf? that's BS i have no idea why people take it so personal when others don't think the way they do it makes nooooooo sense to me at all and is just plain childish.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#65    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Postealdwita, on 08 May 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

".......his case has led to calls for his execution by hardline Islamists"

Would that be the same Islam that calls itself the 'Religion of Peace' and whose Holy Book forbids the taking of life?

Well, yes. But keep in mind that "peace" (salaam) is not defined in islam the way you and I define it. The islamic "world of peace" (dar al salaam) will be achieved once Islam rules the world. And not before. And nowhere does the Koran forbid the taking of life, If you someone told you that, they were pulling the wool over your eyes.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#66    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 23 December 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Well, yes. But keep in mind that "peace" (salaam) is not defined in islam the way you and I define it. The islamic "world of peace" (dar al salaam) will be achieved once Islam rules the world. And not before. And nowhere does the Koran forbid the taking of life, If you someone told you that, they were pulling the wool over your eyes.

Really? Then there's only one solution, isn't there?

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#67    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

View Postbulveye, on 21 May 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Or the Crusades!

Give us a break. The Crusades were simply a reaction the jihad, which had overrun the holiest sites of Christianity.
Since then, the crusades have long stopped, but the Jihad has started again with force.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#68    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postealdwita, on 23 December 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

I don´t know if there is a particular solution, or several.
One thing is for sure: Appeasing radical islam does not bring us "peace", at least the way we understand "peace".

#69    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,953 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

And, I was just saying how religion is dangerous.. :no:

#70    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#71    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 21 May 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

Actually continual studies show that the rates of violence have steadily decreased as we move from historical and pre-historical times, even counting the wars of the last couple of centuries. Now this is talking percentage wise related to population, you do have some increase due to population.
  Steven Pinker has a good book on this, actually.
Unfortunately, violence is a really cheap news story so we certainly hear about it more.

As for those decrying the evil of Islam, itself, remember that one of the most famous evil men was a proud Christian. The fault does not rest on the religion, though the religion can provide the needed excuses.

Nonsense. There is no collective "we" for all of mankind. Some parts of mankind have made progress, others are reverting to the middle ages. And as for "evil men", there are everywhere, but the effort to create brutal, retrograde primitive societies as a replica of the supposed "perfect society" that their 7th century prophet ruled is a characteristic of only one religion.

#72    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostParacelse, on 14 August 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

It's not good being Christian in Morocco... http://www.jihadwatc...n-facebook.html

...or in any other society ruled by islamic laws. Morocco. with its liberal king, is actually one of the better places. Would you prefer to be a Christian in Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Northern Nigeria, Northern Mali, Chechnia.... continue at will.

#73    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

"Aan started an atheist group on Facebook on which he shared comic strips of the prophet having sex with his servant, Dharma said.

He also uploaded three articles on his account, including one describing the prophet being attracted to his daughter-in-law."

Very "innocent" guy here. He's been at this for a while.

Source http://www.thejakart...cartoons/524376

#74    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 13 January 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

"Aan started an atheist group on Facebook on which he shared comic strips of the prophet having sex with his servant, Dharma said.

He also uploaded three articles on his account, including one describing the prophet being attracted to his daughter-in-law."

Very "innocent" guy here. He's been at this for a while.

Source http://www.thejakart...cartoons/524376
Posted Image

#75    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

An account in Gesta Francorum (The Deeds of the Franks) describes the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, Moslems and Jews:
The defenders fled along the walls and through the city, and our men pursued them killing and cutting them down as far as Solomon’s Temple, where there was such a massacre that our men were wading ankle deep in blood … Then the crusaders rushed around the whole city, seizing gold and silver, horses and mules, and looting the housing that were full of costly things. Then, rejoicing and weeping from excess of happiness, they all came to worship and give thanks at the sepulchre of our saviour Jesus. Next morning, they went cautiously up the temple roof and attacked the Saracens, both men and women [who had taken refuge there], cutting off their heads with drawn swords … Our leaders then gave orders that all the Saracen corpses should be thrown outside the city because of the stench, for almost the whole city was full of dead bodies … such a slaughter of pagans had never been seen or heard of, for they were burned in pyres like pyramids, and none save God alone knows how many they were.

Source: Knight, Honest to Man: p82-83.

Quite the humanitarians.

Also tagged with atheist, facebook, jailed, indonesia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users