Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

God is Not to Mock.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,413 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

GOD IS NOT TO MOCK.

"Make no mistake about this," said Paul, "No one makes a fool of God. A man will reap only what he saws." (Gal. 6:7)
Ahab, king of Israel the Ten Tribes was at war with Syria and he needed some help which he asked of Jehoshaphat, king of Judah. Somehow, Ahab was aware that the Syrian king had ordered the captains of their Armies to kill only king Ahab and the war would be over. (2 Chron. 18:30) So, Ahab, without any explanation why, asked the king of Judah to keep his royal robes while he, Ahab, would disguise himself as a common soldier. (2 Chron. 18:29) The siege was closing on Jehoshaphat when an arrow went berserk from a certain Syrian soldier and hit Ahab on the chest which was enough to kill him. (2 Chron. 18:33)

Now, if you turn to Acts 21, when Paul visited Jerusalem for the last time, he meant to get into the Temple but was afraid because of the news that he was preaching to the Jews throughout the Diaspora against Moses, the Jewish customs and circumcision. (Acts 21:21) In order to save him from being arrested, James, the head of the Nazarenes in Jerusalem had suggested that Paul joined four other Jews who had a vow and disguise himself in the Temple to make believe he was also an observant Jew. (Acts 21:23,24) When the seven days of the celebration were about over, some Jews from Asia recognized Paul and arrested him. (Acts 21:27) He was taken to trial, appealed to Caesar and left for Rome. And it was the last the Jews of Jerusalem ever saw of him.

The bottom line is that king Ahab disguised himself as a common soldier and was found by a fatal arrow from another common but Syrian soldier. Paul disguised himself as an observant Jew, was acknowledge by a Diaspora observant Jew visiting Jerusalem at the same time, was arrested and banished forever from the Land of Israel.

Indeed, God is not to mock. what one sows, that's exactly what one reaps.

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,819 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostBen Masada, on 07 May 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

~snip

"No one makes a fool of God. A man will reap only what he saws." (Gal. 6:7)

~snip

Are you mocking the scriptures ?

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 2,977 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 07 May 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Are you mocking the scriptures ?
well, jesus WAS a carpenter third eye!
:-D

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,311 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Now, if you turn to Acts 21,

Huh, what happened to acts 1 to 20?

I think I am missing a book for this thread.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,819 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 07 May 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

I think those Acts were skipped because no one got killed ....

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#6    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,977 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 07 May 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

you'll find it in waterstones freet,
in the 'fiction' section.....
:-)

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,311 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 07 May 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

I think those Acts were skipped because no one got killed ....
Oh great, skip out the exciting bits!Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,311 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

View Postshrooma, on 07 May 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

you'll find it in waterstones freet,
in the 'fiction' section.....
Good, I love a good novel.

#9    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,977 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 07 May 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Good, I love a good novel.
[spoiler alert]
he dies in the end.

#10    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,916 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Heh, I'm mocking god(s) by throwing any imaginable/unimaginable words (that do not repeating twice) as I typing... So what?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,311 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Postshrooma, on 07 May 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

[spoiler alert]
he dies in the end.
Posted Image

I knew it!! was it the butler, it was wasn`t it??

#12    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

GOD IS NOT TO MOCK.

"Make no mistake about this," said Paul, "No one makes a fool of God. A man will reap only what he saws." (Gal. 6:7)
Ahab, king of Israel the Ten Tribes was at war with Syria and he needed some help which he asked of Jehoshaphat, king of Judah. Somehow, Ahab was aware that the Syrian king had ordered the captains of their Armies to kill only king Ahab and the war would be over. (2 Chron. 18:30) So, Ahab, without any explanation why, asked the king of Judah to keep his royal robes while he, Ahab, would disguise himself as a common soldier. (2 Chron. 18:29) The siege was closing on Jehoshaphat when an arrow went berserk from a certain Syrian soldier and hit Ahab on the chest which was enough to kill him. (2 Chron. 18:33)

Now, if you turn to Acts 21, when Paul visited Jerusalem for the last time, he meant to get into the Temple but was afraid because of the news that he was preaching to the Jews throughout the Diaspora against Moses, the Jewish customs and circumcision. (Acts 21:21) In order to save him from being arrested, James, the head of the Nazarenes in Jerusalem had suggested that Paul joined four other Jews who had a vow and disguise himself in the Temple to make believe he was also an observant Jew. (Acts 21:23,24) When the seven days of the celebration were about over, some Jews from Asia recognized Paul and arrested him. (Acts 21:27) He was taken to trial, appealed to Caesar and left for Rome. And it was the last the Jews of Jerusalem ever saw of him.

The bottom line is that king Ahab disguised himself as a common soldier and was found by a fatal arrow from another common but Syrian soldier. Paul disguised himself as an observant Jew, was acknowledge by a Diaspora observant Jew visiting Jerusalem at the same time, was arrested and banished forever from the Land of Israel.

Indeed, God is not to mock. what one sows, that's exactly what one reaps.

Ahhh, god in all his narcissistic glory.

Edited by HavocWing, 07 May 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#13    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,977 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 07 May 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

I knew it!! was it the butler, it was wasn`t it??
yup!
right after he cleaned up after what turned out to be the hero's final supper.....

#14    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,977 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 07 May 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Ahhh, god in all his narcissistic glory.
aw come on? narcissistic??
only the first four out of ten commandments were about worshipping him!
that still leaves another six for him to tell us what we can't do.....

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,960 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

And the temple Paul was cast out of?  Where is that today?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users