Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New amphibian Species found

Deimos

A new speices of salamander-like amphibian with large crocodile like teeth was discovered by a student on a field trip. the species is beleived to be from 300 million years ago. The creature's head is about the size of a large house cat, and it was estimated to be anywhwere from 3-4 feet long. The creature is entirly new to science, and is somewhat like a cross between a crocodile and a salamander. Read the full story here

Edited by Monster Hunter X

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deimos

• SilverCougar

• Naveed

• jobot37

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eeeyeeeeee! Nice find grin.gif

yeah, and to think it was discovered by a complete accident. Plus this species was unknown until now.

Well.. that's how the first Dino bones were discovered.. That's how alot of things are.. by accedent.

doughnuts were invented by accident...as well as coca-cola, and it seems this thing was also discovered by accident, just goes to show, accidents aren't necessarily bad things

accidents are cool btw, hehe i was an accident.  happy.gif

350704[/snapback]

Well, Salem, there's nothing accidental about how cool you are grin2.gif BTW, you should go get those fossils examined, you never know what might turn up!

Edited by Monster Hunter X

Great find Monsta. thumbup.gifthumbsup.gif .Very interesting creature... grin2.gif

BTW,I have fossils too grin2.gif In the first two pics,all the fossils there are at least 300 million years old.(2 omynites and a trilobite) w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif The others of fossilized sharks teeth,are all at least 60 million years old. w00t.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

post-10180-1100075427.jpg

post-10180-1100075441.jpg

post-10180-1100075477.jpg

post-10180-1100075484.jpg

post-10180-1100075493.jpg

post-10180-1100075509.jpg

post-10180-1100075651.jpg

post-10180-1100075668.jpg

Edited by Canadian

oh i thought it was going to be an animal that was alive now...

i mean imagine something like that around now.... blink.gif

cool.gif

The others of fossilized sharks teeth,are all at least 60 million years old. w00t.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif

350743[/snapback]

i dont count those as fossils, per se, considering you can find them everywhere....just by walking down the beach...

A giant, vicious Salamander

For some reason this made me laugh. All I could think of was Dr. Evil's Ill-tempered sea bass since he couldn't get the "Sharks with Lazer beams on their foreheads..."

laugh.gif

A giant, vicious Salamander

For some reason this made me laugh. All I could think of was Dr. Evil's Ill-tempered sea bass since he couldn't get the "Sharks with Lazer beams on their foreheads..."

laugh.gif

353434[/snapback]

Well Fluffy, I HAD to lure them in somehow laugh.gif But did you see the teeth on that thing? I bet it was vicious