Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Minnesota Iceman: Mysterious Frozen Creature

minnesota iceman steve busti museum of the weird ape-like creature

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

This has jarred my memory about something I saw on one of the mystery programs.  I really wish I could remember what it was but it was donkeys years ago and I was only a kid.

Basically the presenter/investigator was led into a shed where there was a body encased in ice many inches thick.  It looked human/ape but was hard too make out any features due to the thickness of the ice.

Gave me nightmares for weeks.

Posted Image

#17    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Poor Bigfoot! Why would anyone want to kill one? Unless he was trying to get fresh with the guy's wife (Bigfeet? like human females apparently).

#18    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,372 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

So they are saying that it is still frozen after all these years?

#19    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

View Post27vet, on 02 July 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Poor Bigfoot! Why would anyone want to kill one? Unless he was trying to get fresh with the guy's wife (Bigfeet? like human females apparently).

Well, one of the popular theories is that the Iceman isn't a "Bigfoot" at all. The profile's all wrong, too short and light. A number of people have suggested it's not native to the Americas at all, but something that was shot in Vietnam and brought to the US one way or another. I find this one pretty interesting, because the Iceman would fit a lot better with some of the "wildman" reports coming out of Southeast Asia, and I vaguely recall reading something where American special forces (MACV-SOG or SEALs, probably) claimed to have seen unidentified primates they called "rock apes" in the area.

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostRavinoff, on 03 July 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Well, one of the popular theories is that the Iceman isn't a "Bigfoot" at all. The profile's all wrong, too short and light. A number of people have suggested it's not native to the Americas at all, but something that was shot in Vietnam and brought to the US one way or another. I find this one pretty interesting, because the Iceman would fit a lot better with some of the "wildman" reports coming out of Southeast Asia, and I vaguely recall reading something where American special forces (MACV-SOG or SEALs, probably) claimed to have seen unidentified primates they called "rock apes" in the area.
I've read of Rock Apes, and they seem like an early primate, rather then a near human like a bigfoot.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,224 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

View Post27vet, on 02 July 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'd kill one immeditately if I could.

The great naturalist John Audubon killed millions of birds, so that science might have good examples to study of many species. The same would apply here. Shooting a bigfoot is the only real proof that would be accepted by science. And its body would provide millions of details that would otherwise be impossible to determine.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#22    mmhmm374

mmhmm374

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postskookum, on 02 July 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

This has jarred my memory about something I saw on one of the mystery programs.  I really wish I could remember what it was but it was donkeys years ago and I was only a kid.

Basically the presenter/investigator was led into a shed where there was a body encased in ice many inches thick.  It looked human/ape but was hard too make out any features due to the thickness of the ice.

Gave me nightmares for weeks.

I remember that too, think it was Unsolved Mysteries.

In Soviet Russia, Phone was YOU!

#23    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 July 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

I've read of Rock Apes, and they seem like an early primate, rather then a near human like a bigfoot.

Well, in Coleman's Field Guide To Bigfoot, he identifies certain Southeast Asian reports with names I can't even begin to spell, let alone pronounce, as relics of Homo erectus or relatives. Rock apes don't come up in that particular book, and I'd be inclined to liken them more to H. floresiensis than H. erectus, but either way they'd likely be early hominids. The rock ape also has something of a similarity to the orangutan, so there's that too.

#24    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Khloe Kardashian--ha! Didn't look like much to me at all.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#25    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostLabobio, on 02 July 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

kinda looks like Khloe Kardashian
lmao

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#26    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 July 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

I'd kill one immeditately if I could.

The great naturalist John Audubon killed millions of birds, so that science might have good examples to study of many species. The same would apply here. Shooting a bigfoot is the only real proof that would be accepted by science. And its body would provide millions of details that would otherwise be impossible to determine.

Ditto! I see a Biggy, he's going down.......unless I'm unarmed.

#27    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,606 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 31 August 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

Ditto! I see a Biggy, he's going down.......unless I'm unarmed.

Better get it in one shot or you might end up unarmed, literally... :lol:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#28    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

That's probably true, however I have enough confidence in my marksmanship that I'm not so worried about it. Now, having said that, I also know that I might get surprised and caught off guard, in which case I might wind up as Bigfoot"s boy toy. In which case I'll save the last round for me.

I just hope the critter doesn't decide he might like me that way, but at least I'll not really know about.

#29    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 31 August 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

I just hope the critter doesn't decide he might like me that way,

Thanks for the image ken :no:  excuse me while I wash my brain out with soap and bleach

#30    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hey, one must always expect the unexpected.

I seriously doubt Bigfoots practice safe sex.....or sanitary sex for that manner, so I'm going to opt out on snu-snu with the big guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users