Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blogs

Featured Entries

• Waspie_Dwarf

Outwitted by a small, black cat called Elsa.

By Waspie_Dwarf

I have a small, black cat named Elsa. She is good company, generally very quiet and very well natured (although not always so well behaved). We are, however, in a battle of wits over a chair, and I think I am losing. A few weeks ago a relative of mine moved and had more chairs than was strictly necessary for her smaller flat. The chairs are much newer than the ones I had and so she gave them to me. That is where the battle started. Initially Elsa was happy to claim a chair of her
    • 8 comments

Griffon

Another hybrid that is quite popular, I present the Griffon. The griffin, griffon, or gryphon (Ancient Greek: γρύψ, romanized: grýps; Classical Latin: grȳps or grȳpus;[1] Late and Medieval Latin:[2] gryphes, grypho etc.; Old French: griffon) is a legendary creature with the body, tail, and back legs of a lion, and the head and wings of an eagle with its talons on the front legs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin It has been postulated that the fossilized remains of the protoce

newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon in Folklore

Haunted Island of Java

Haunted Island of Java Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective Sacramento Paranormal Investigations Halo Paranormal Investigations When it comes to places like Indonesia, I consult my nephew Michaelis Jacoby who lived in Bali for many years.  Michaelis has explored places like the Island of Java while living in Bali.  Michaelis says that the Island of Java is extremely haunted and here are some of the spine-tingling stories that come out of Java.  FOREST DEMONS OF BANYUWANGI FOREST

pauldaleroberts

pauldaleroberts in paranormal

DMT Day

Okay. Whew. I'm sweating and I shouldn't be this nervous for me, who is about to try the Spirit Molecule DMT. I have done the research and am prepared, but I'm still apprehensive about what I will be sensing. I am not doing it alone. The other person will be vaping the drug first. Three long inhales for each of us. He had tried it once before with me as the babysitter, so I am not worried about how he will react to it. The last time was okay for him, if a bit strangely exciting. As for me, I am

Written From a Darkness

Written From a Darkness in Psychedelic Perspectives

The Simple Apple

The Simple Apple The more I write, the more a mystery, writing becomes for me.  I often think that writing is like being a weaver with many different colored threads that are woven together to make the essay, or story, into a sort of multilayered work of art.  Then when people read, they take the writing and make it their own, and what they find is not always what I intended.   So, putting what one writes out there is a form of letting go of ownership.  I am sometimes amazed at what peop

markdohle

markdohle in memory of childhood

Celebrities I Met (Revision 3/16/2024)

Celebrities I Met (Revision 3/16/2024) By Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective Halo Paranormal Investigations - HPI International. During my lifetime I came across many celebrities. More by accident than on purpose. I want to name a few that I met and explain to you how I met them. Let’s start off with Edward James Olmos. As a government worker, he was involved with a function at my government office (Secretary of State) and I saw him walking on the sidewalk, along the building and

pauldaleroberts

pauldaleroberts in celebrities

March spiritual messages from the beyond

Synchronicity Given Meaning by Connections I was speaking with a friend who had recently suffered a familial loss. She described many coincidences that she’s experienced since her beloved’s death and, as I explained, this is because synchronicity, like dreams, is given meaning by the connections that we make internally to an external event. After carefully examining photographs, she noticed numbers appearing in places she hadn’t observed before.  In one instance, she noticed a long str

tarotbykathleen

tarotbykathleen in Articles

The Bunny Man Cometh

The Bunny Man Cometh Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective Sacramento Paranormal Investigations Halo Paranormal Investigations j The Bunny Man is an urban legend that originated from two incidents in Fairfax County, Virginia in 1970.  The story now has spread throughout the Washington, D.C., and Maryland areas.  The first incident happened on October 19, 1970. A U.S. Air Force Academy cadet and his fiancée were having a romantic rendezvous on the side of the road, when a man in a whit

pauldaleroberts

Chimera

Now we have the Chimera, a mishmash of other creatures much like the sphinx but more primal and animalistic. No riddles are asked by these guys. Chimera, in Greek mythology, a fire-breathing female monster resembling a lionin the forepart, a goat in the middle, and a dragon behind. She devastated Caria and Lycia until she was slain by Bellerophon. In art the Chimera is usually represented as a lion with a goat’s head in the middle of its back and with a tail that ends in a snake’s head. Thi

newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon in Folklore

I am going to love everyone in my 30-foot circle. -Bail Bardis

I am going to love everyone  in my 30-foot circle. -Bail Bardis Gail is a good friend of mine.  When talking to her she can come up with some interesting statements that grab my intention.  One such statement went like this: “I am going to love everyone in my 30-foot circle”.  When she stated this, she was dealing with feelings of being overwhelmed about the state of the world.  So, she decided to narrow things down to something that she could actually deal with. Our 30-foot circle

markdohle

markdohle in personal reflection

Haunted Red House

Haunted Red House Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective Sacramento Paranormal Investigations Halo Paranormal Investigations My sister and her first husband lived on Santorini Island and the country of Greece for a period of 5 years.  My sister's 1st husband was an archaeology certified scuba diver. My sister says that Greece is filled with history and ghosts. Some Greeks even believe that Santorini Island was once part of Atlantis.  Ancient history of Greece focused on the Olympic go

pauldaleroberts

Things Can Get Spooky in Elk Grove, CA - By Paul Dale Roberts

Drawing by Richard Vasseur.  Concept by Paul Dale Roberts. The drawing depicts Saint Gothic aka Deanna Jaxine Stinson in Paris, France (Eiffel Tower).     The day started off like any other day. There is rain outside, my dogs Pika and T-Rex are begging for their walk. They don't care if it rains or not. Sigh. But, I had to hold off on their walk. It was time to meet the paranormal group known as Gold Rush Ghosts. I met up with the team of Gold Rush Ghosts at an undisclosed locatio

pauldaleroberts

Sphinx

Continuing with the lion motif lets take a look at the Sphinx. (wiki)  A sphinx (/ˈsfɪŋks/ SFINKS, Ancient Greek: σφίγξ [spʰíŋks], Boeotian: φίξ [pʰíːks], pl.: sphinxes or sphinges) is a mythical creature with the head of a human, the body of a lion, and the wings of an eagle. In Greek tradition, the sphinx is a treacherous and merciless being with the head of a woman, the haunches of a lion, and the wings of a bird. According to Greek myth, she challenges those who encounter her to an

newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon in Folklore

The Organization of D.E.A.T.H.

The Organization of D.E.A.T.H. (Destroy Evildoers and Teach Harmony) sounds like a formidable group! 🌟 Let’s delve into the intriguing concept behind it. Conceptualized by Paul Dale Roberts and brought to life through the artistic talents of Richard Vasseur, this organization embodies a blend of justice, mystique, and a dash of dark humor. Here’s what we know: Purpose and Mission: D.E.A.T.H. stands for Destroy Evildoers and Teach Harmony. Their mission? To rid th

pauldaleroberts

pauldaleroberts in Comics

It's All My Fault, Obviously.

My cat, Elsa, is having a right old whinge at me because SHE brought in a mouse, SHE let go of it and SHE lost it... so obviously it's MY fault. One of the supposed benefits of having a cat is that they keep your property free of mice. Unfortunately no one told Elsa this . I now have two mice in my house which I would not have if I didn't have a cat.

Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf in Cats

What is compassion

What is compassion? “If you only knew what compassion really is— the compassion you must strive to imitate! Overlooking everything to stoop to a heart’s needs, paying no attention to any disappointments or ingratitude, being even kinder to those who  have hurt you. Just be your Christ for them. Bossis, Gabrielle. He and I (p. 173). Pauline Books and Media. Kindle Edition. Compassion involves feeling another person's pain and wanting to take steps to help relieve their su

markdohle

markdohle in personal reflection

What is HPI?

What Is HPI? Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective Sacramento Paranormal Investigations Halo Paranormal Investigations HPI is Halo Paranormal Investigations or also known as HPI: International. HPI's main goal is not only to help people that are having paranormal issues, but also to train paranormal enthusiasts on how to ghost hunt and how to conduct a cleansing of a haunted home. Many people who have joined HPI and learned our methods, have started their own groups. We welcome that.

pauldaleroberts

Light is deeper buoying us up

Light is deeper buoying us up   Hell on earth can be experienced, sometimes all one can do is breathe, be in the moment and face the demon, in faith, knowing that in the darkness, light is deeper, still buoying us up, stand on the rock, the sure foundation, all things pass, yet love is eternal, giving hope in times of

markdohle

markdohle in poem

Grief

Most days I feel I have my grief about losing my husband under control.  I can talk of him without getting sad and it makes me feel better to say his name out loud.   However, yesterday and today were fresh reminders of the void he left.   I went through mental health training for work yesterday.   I was doing well until we had to watch a video about a widower and his son, dealing with their grief.   The actor who portrayed the widower was very good, his pain was palpable.   Out of nowhere, I fe

tcgram

tcgram in Grief

March Comes In like a Lion

As the title might suggest (or I’m yanking stuff out my keister) this month (March) I’ll be covering mythological critters that are lions with supernatural elements to them, or are a hybrid of creature with Lion bitties. These posts will be bare bone posts, so no extra flair this month. Todays topic will be the famous Nemean lion that Heracles killed as part of his many labors. Lets take a look at a blurb from wik. The Nemean lion (/nɪˈmiːən/; Greek: Νεμέος λέων, translit. Neméos léōn;

newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon in Folklore

A Strange Haunting in Folsom

I have always been a curious creature. I joined the Ordo Rosae Crucis (AMORC) aka the Rosicrucians to better understand secret societies. When I was going to college, I did a book report on cults like the Hare Krishna, Peoples' Temple, Church of Scientology and even the Church of Satan, by actually visiting these cults and talking with the members of these cults. Of course, I got an A in Sociology for actually doing my own personal investigations of these cults. The funny thing is that the Churc

pauldaleroberts

HPI Chronicles: The Spirits of Argonaut Mines

HPI Chronicles: The Spirits of Argonaut Mines By Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Ghostwriter Today is Sunday, February 3, 2008. This has been one of my busiest weekends for HPI. Back-to-back investigations……non-stop. I have already discussed the investigations for Friday and Saturday in a previous article. Now I will just talk about Sunday. This Sunday, started off at 10:30am, picked up Tim Hawkins. Tim and I rode with Shannon McCabe in her Ectoplasma Mobile aka Ecto 1. We listened to 'Owner o

pauldaleroberts