Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

[Merged]Ghostly Image Damages Police Officer's Car

hartford police parking lot mirror ghost-like wisp

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Evil is among us and opresses us, thats when we do good.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

hmm we get dust devils all the time here, but that's an awfully big one... I doubt its paranormal though. Guess mother nature didn't like that cop.

#17    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

No mystery, it's a dust devil, a vortex similar to a tornado, but not formed by clashing air masses, usually just from rising warm air, and often under clear skies. They rarely have enough force to do significant damage; my guess is the mirror was already loose. I saw one form in front of me in Atlanta, Georgia under blue skies, it lifted trash and leaves high into the air and was amazing to watch. It lasted only a few seconds.

Edited by Sundew, 08 November 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#18    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Just got plastered by one today. Usually rather benign in the southwest states, I am impressed by the strength of this dust devil in removing the mirror.

#19    Hobbit Feet

Hobbit Feet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• Drop me off at Willoughby and take me to Aunt T's!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

In Southern AZ they're very common.  I've seen a few that were over 100+ feet tall in areas where there's only desert with no structures to break it up. The farther they go the taller they get. Some are powerful enough to rip roofs off sheds. Some are not tall but wide.

#20    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• Kapow

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Here's a big one

Attached Files

#21    goodgodno

goodgodno

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Explore. Dream. Discover.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Have seen many of these in the outback of Australia, some can get surprisingly big. They call them 'willy-willies', and if I remember correctly they do represent spirits in aboriginal myth.

#22    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,650 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 November 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

A mini tornado in the middle of a parking lot, that takes out just one car, is not an attention getter?
I'd say it's unheard of.

So why wasn't the article titled along the lines of what it actually looked like?

#23    Lady Shade

Lady Shade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• A baby's laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear.
    Unless it's 3am and your home alone and you don't have a baby.

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

When I was a kid we played in the dust devils we get here. We would chase them down and get "in" them until they disappeared. They were nvr strong enough to hurt anyone let alone take a mirror off a car. Idk maybe where they are the dust devils are stronger?

Posted Image
Be who you want to be, not what others want to see!

#24    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

when I was  a kid ( 11 & 12) the residential back streets around where I lived  were all dirt and dust and every summer we would get dust devils. occasionally they would be as tall as the pine trees in the area, but usually they were about  twenty to thirty feet tall.  I have seen kids ride bikes through them and run through them. and get picked up and tossed around like rag dolls... we enjoyed every minute of it.  we made a game out of it  land on your feet without falling  and everyone had to give you a dime.  land any other way and you had to give everyone else in the game a dime.( we were kids we didn't get dollars 40 + years ago.) Small though they are they can be powerful none the less

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 11 November 2013 - 07:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users