Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doom3

Fluffybunny

I just got my copy of Doom3 from EB, and am taking a look at it now. Wow, it is incredible so far.

Is anyone else into the Doom series at all?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Janiel

• doomgirl

• Fluffybunny

Who ISN'T into Doom!?

I have all the old favourites, Doom, Doom II, Final Doom. But my system is a very, VERY long way off from being able to run Doom III sadly. I'm dying to play it though. Give us a nice review. How does it run? Sounds/graphics? What about the pant-filling factor?

Is it the same story as the first ones, just major supped up? Are all the old enemies in it?

i cant wait to play it. it looks so amazing and scary. but my comp would never be able to hold that. even if it could, i dont have 55 bucks to spend on it.

Is there any information for a port onto possibly PS2 or Gamecube? i know it's appearing on XBOX, but, well, meh.

no it wont be on ps2 or GC. i know for sure PS2 couldnt handle it but maybe GC could, but the id software has never made any games for Sony or nintendo so im pretty sure it wont be appearing on any other systems

All the original DOOM games and Quake II appeared on PS1 and PS2. So they have ported before. The graphics for Quake 2 were hideous compared to the PC version though, i'd prefer it if they didn't port to be honest.

Gamecube can handle the graphics, it's graphics system is actually better than the XBOX, but the playbility and some other features on gamecube are lacking, so you're probably right, most likely only xbox.

That sucks.

This is the one game i've been waiting two years for!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! gunsmilie.gifclap.gif

2 years?

Try 12 years!!

i myself am waiting for Halo 2, argh why won't the time go quicker...

Janiel, you don't count you weren't even born when DOOM was concieved of. tongue.gif

Janiel, you don't count you weren't even born when DOOM was concieved of. tongue.gif

umm when did it come out then? HUH? im 16 i dont think it's 16+ yrs. old...

The game is absolutely amazing. I am still in the very first part of the game but I am still impressed with the visual effects so far. Very creepy visually as well as sound effects.

Here is a screen capture. Not exactly the best quality as I had to make the file small enough to fit here, but you get the idea.

umm when did it come out then? HUH? im 16 i dont think it's 16+ yrs. old...

1987 i believe was when wolfenstien first hit the shelves, which is a year before you were born. tongue.gif

doom was concieved off about that time. i didn't say when doom came out, i said when it was concieved off.

Fluffy, who's the marine dude?

Give us some of the story!

The story seems to be pretty similar to the orginal. You play as a marine getting sent to Mars in 2145 to pull guard duty for a huge offworld corporation that placed their testing facilities on mars so as to not have to abide by any earthly rules, or morals...

In running around to the different characters you can overhear conversations that may be going on. So far I have picked up that the owners of the corporation are all bottom line money people, and are pushing the researchers to find anyway to make money off of their findings. In passing by an hospital room, I got a glimpse of one of the zombie type characters on a hospital bed being worked on by doctors.

everybody claims to be spooked out because several folks have heard rumours that there are things on the surface of Mars that shouldn't be, as well as people hearing voices in abandoned parts of the instalation.

And of course the power went off in one part of the scariest looking warehouse I've ever seen, leading to the screenshot.

Here is a shot of how the flashlight graphics work. Usually the entire area is illuminated, but now there is a definate beam effect, wow...

That's pretty amazing!

Yeah that's the general story of the first game. Except you don't start off walking around the base before the invasion, you start off after the invasion and all your buddies are already dead.

That sounds pretty cool, i love how you can walk around and listen to peoples conversations, very awesome.

God i'm dying to play this.

I wonder if Cyber Demon is in it.. oo...

Here is a pic of the first zombie you get jumped by after the poo-poo hits the fan and the base is over run by baddies:

Should run into an IMP soon, or something of the like. Make sure you post a pic of the IMP!!

Halo 2 will be better, but Doom 3 does look rather good...

Holy sh** DOOM3! is it out on the XBOX in th uk anyone know???? Damn i've been waiting so long.... e_e;

*Is a major fan*

I don't know if it's out yet, but it certainly will be. thumbsup.gif

Release Dates from www.gamefaqs.com

Doom 3 Activision 09/24/04 EU

Doom 3 Activision 10/04/04 NA

that can't be right its out in europe first, wooooooooo thumbsup.gif

Edited by mr_halo

those release dates are for the XBOX by the way, incase you weren't sure...