Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot shot. Is this murder?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

spark

• 8,125 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

http://www.dailymail...s-says-lie.html

Just supposing this story is true, could this guy be charged with murder? Or perhaps some crime to do with endangered species?

"End the struggle and DANCE with Life!"

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Killing a bunneh or dog is murder too . Yes. To Buddhists ,beyond definately .

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,680 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Well, they might be charged with shooting an endangered species. But, murder is (I'm pretty sure) a human killing another human.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,188 posts

• Ah, but I was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now. Dylan

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Just supposing this story is true, could this guy be charged with murder? Or perhaps some crime to do with endangered species?

Pretending this is real :w00t::
Murder? Endangered species? I don't see how he can be charged with breaking a law that doesn't exist. Killing another human or a listed endangered species is pretty specific. So unless what he killed is human or on the list, I'd guess "no".

But he's probably guilty of a whole host of other infractions :yes:

"That was definitely a bigfoot, you could tell by the bear-shaped body" YT poster

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Rick Dyer, who runs a website called BigfootTracker.com and makes a living tracking the mythical creature, claims he is ‘going to go down in history as the best Bigfoot tracker in the world.’

Posted Image

However, he has not yet revealed the ape-man’s body to the public due to a contractual agreement with a documentary crew which allows them to release their film first, he says.

What they mean by this is, its not been made yet.

Not sure about murder, but he should be charged with trying to con people.

Edited by freetoroam, 17 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Probably a hoax. However, if genuine it does raise some interesting issues. I doubt you could charge anyone with murder, the distinction is likely confined to one Homo sapiens killing another, at least in the legal sense. A chimpanzee is supposed to share something like 97% of the same DNA as humans and legally killing a chimp is not murder. As far as an endangered species, if it is proven to exist it will probably be quickly listed as an endangered species or given protected status because it is a primate and they are usually considered a protected group of animals. I would think it would set a new legal precedent to make it a crime to kill a animal presumed to be mythical, at least up until the point you have a body. But supposedly there are already laws against killing a sasquatch in some localities in California.

Then again: it's California.....

#7    acute

acute

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Apparently, this guy has got 'previous' for inventing bigfoot stories.

To answer the OP... Murder is the pre-meditated unlawful killing of a fellow human, so it wouldn't apply here.

If these bigfoot creatures start appearing on a regular basis, California will probably pass a law to stop them congregating.

#8    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ha ha ha rick dyer he is known to exaggerate & fake photos. :td:

#9    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Dam these guys must get bored.. that picture is nothing but his stoned mate outside the tent.

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostSilver Surfer, on 17 February 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Dam these guys must get bored.. that picture is nothing but his stoned mate outside the tent.
Wait for iiiiit. Give them time to make  the  dead bigfoot, its was only ordered a few days ago.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#11    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Depends on who you ask. Eat a chicken sandwich and tell the right person, and they'll call you a murderer. Legally it would be neither murder nor killing an endangered species. The creature's existence would have to be confirmed for it to be endangered, and it would have to be classified as human for it to be murder. If it's human can it be called an endangered species? Hell if I know.

*eats a chicken sandwich*

Edited by MysticStrummer, 17 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#12    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,188 posts

• Ah, but I was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now. Dylan

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostSundew, on 17 February 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

But supposedly there are already laws against killing a sasquatch in some localities in California.

Know any in particular?

"That was definitely a bigfoot, you could tell by the bear-shaped body" YT poster

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,567 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Uh, no.

#14    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

spark

• 8,125 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

It just didn't seem right to me that people can (hypothetically!), go around killing creatures, willy-nilly, when there are so few of those creatures around(allegedly!). Actually, this it what makes it an obvious hoax ....... if you really knew where Bigfoot was, wouldn't the most logical thing be to capture him/her alive?

"End the struggle and DANCE with Life!"

#15    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,680 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Just wondering, exactly how does one go about capturing a 9 ft 800 lb hairy man-beast? :unsure2:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users