Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can a person be "cursed"?

mortiis38

Hi there people...

I have a quick question, regarding my older brother.

He has always firmly believed that he has been "followed" by something, his whole life. Nearly every place he's moved

to (and he's moved around more than most people), he's been haunted, faced with violent episodes etc in his homes.

I have lived with him before for a couple of years (and moved with him), so I've been witness to some of these

occurrences, and al I can say is that something definitely does indeed follow him.

He DID have a very close encounter with a UFO of such when he was a young boy, but weather or not that has

something to do with this or not, who knows?

• Like 1

can you explain in detail what has happened to your brother? what kind of violent episodes did he have? can you describe what has haunted him? what exactly did you witness when you lived with him?

To answer your topic title, i'd have to say no.

If one believes themselves to be cursed, they'll likely focus their attention on the negative things that happen to them.

More obsessive thinking/worrying than curse.

The same can be said for the opposite.

If they believe themselves to be lucky, they'll likely focus their attention on the positives in their lives.

Just my .02 cents.

• Like 4

I try not to think about the years I lived with him, they were always troubled, to be honest. In one instance, when we were both out shopping together for groceries (nobody else lived with us, my brother is ex-military so extremely careful to lock and board the house up etc), when we arrived home, he screamed at me to come in and have a look at his bed. The sheets and blankets had been shredded to ribbons and thrown on the floor!

I have no idea how this happened, we called the police, they confirmed there was no broken entry etc.

On another occasion, while we were both watching television together , it was maybe 1-2AM in the morning, and all of a sudden all the lights in the house began flickering wildly (they

had been off previously).

These are two occurances I'd be happy to talk about, but when I lived with him, they did become more agressive, affecting my brother's personality in ways I don't like

to recall.

I try not to think about the years I lived with him, they were always troubled, to be honest. In one instance, when we were both out shopping together for groceries (nobody else lived with us, my brother is ex-military so extremely careful to lock and board the house up etc), when we arrived home, he screamed at me to come in and have a look at his bed. The sheets and blankets had been shredded to ribbons and thrown on the floor!

I have no idea how this happened, we called the police, they confirmed there was no broken entry etc.

On another occasion, while we were both watching television together , it was maybe 1-2AM in the morning, and all of a sudden all the lights in the house began flickering wildly (they

had been off previously).

These are two occurances I'd be happy to talk about, but when I lived with him, they did become more agressive, affecting my brother's personality in ways I don't like

to recall.

Kinda sounds poltergeist(ish) or loony toons ex-girlfriend(ish).

• Like 2

Misanthropic,

Not loony ex - he had an ex wife but they were on best terms, and were good friends (for the sake of their daughter). She wouldn't have done stuff like that, it

wasn't her style, and she had no motive.

Poltergeist? Perhaps yes.

There had been TV (and other electrical appliances) turning themselves on and off, hot and cold spots, etc in the house also.

• Like 1

Are you guys religious at all?

Does your brother suffer from other things like negativity, being cruel, drugs, violence? Does it affect his personality? Sometimes it can be seen as a gift, sometimes a curse. Perhaps it is the way the energy is channeled and handled that makes the difference. But one thing is he should be aware and learn more about it rather than let it take its own toll on him.

Woodsbooger :

My brother and I are not religious, Quite the opposite really.

SpiritWriter:

My brother has always been a very morbid/sulky kind of person, that's his nature. He has been in the Navy, Army, and S.A.S, so he's well

rounded in that respect, feels more comfortable in there than out here, I believe.