Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#16    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I do not expect to see any results form this, but I like the idea as it should remove some of the 'reasons' why we never document Bigfoot...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#17    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 13 October 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I do not expect to see any results form this, but I like the idea as it should remove some of the 'reasons' why we never document Bigfoot...

I have to agree with Evancj on this...It will just add more excuses as to why it did not work to the list....

Keep in mind everyone, as far as I have seen, this is a pipe dream, and donations are being accepted for the project.....

I doubt it will ever fly.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostSakari, on 13 October 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

I have to agree with Evancj on this...It will just add more excuses as to why it did not work to the list....

Keep in mind everyone, as far as I have seen, this is a pipe dream, and donations are being accepted for the project.....

I doubt it will ever fly.

Well BF's 'Trail camera' dodging abilities could easily be transferred to blimp dodging and lack of success will breed excuses.

I do hope it gets of the ground, not enough that I'll be making a donation though...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#19    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ok so lets speculate though.  Lets say they get the thing up and going and the project is able to resolve incredible detail both photographically and from a thermal imaging standpoint.  How good would the images have to be to meet the standards of evidence for a possible undiscovered hairy hominid?  Opinions?

#20    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

A bigfoot mindset that makes it worth not only bringing others on board in developing this ship, but worth telling the world about its use for bigfoot reconnaissance.... and ask for donations as well.

As a skeptic I find this bravado much more mystifying than bigfoot belief itself.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#21    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 13 October 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Ok so lets speculate though.  Lets say they get the thing up and going and the project is able to resolve incredible detail both photographically and from a thermal imaging standpoint.  How good would the images have to be to meet the standards of evidence for a possible undiscovered hairy hominid?  Opinions?

True, it isn't like you could fly this thing among the trees at 5ft-7ft-12ft heights, or peek in caves, look inside "nests". And where are these places that are so "squatchy" they warrant all this time, energy, technology and expense?

#22    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well, I am thinking now more then ever this is a scam......

I emailed them :

Me :

How far along is this project? ( blimp even built, purchased)
How far away from full funding are you?
When will the first search with this blimp happen?

Thank You.

Falcon project :

we just got the ok from the university of Idaho 2 weeks ago, thanks to Dr.Jeff Meldrum, we are looking at around early spring, as we speak we looking for funding, so far it is looking good, the air ship takes about 4 months to make, an the thermal cam takes 3 months to make(custom made,the air ship too), so we have a long ways to go,

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#23    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

I am going back and forth on a email with this......so, my latest to them.

Thanks for the fast reply...

What I am looking for is what is the total funding cost?
How much do you have?
Who designed, and who is building the blimp?
What kind of FCC permits, or licensing do you need?
Is there other contact besides yourself to verify?

Handing out money these days is not a thing I do easily.

Thanks again.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#24    Vidgange

Vidgange

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm not getting my hopes up for this... But if there ever was a way to find old BF this would surely yield some results :)

But how would YOU guys go about to find this 'beast'? I'm always baffled when I'm looking at documentaries where they're searching for BF, I'm always thinking to myself "How stupid are these people?!"

So how would you do to get hard evidence?

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

#25    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Photo's are rarely 'proof of something' these days, but then again I have never seen a clear BF picture so its difficult to say what would be enough...

I think the best case scenario would be that continued aerial sightings of BF would lead people on the ground to where further evidence could be obtained whether photographic or physical. The combination of good quality images from the blimp, details of numbers and movements and evidence from the ground would be enough.

#26    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

I have gone further, and emailed Jeff, from Idaho State University.

If he confirms this is a legitimate project, I will eat crow....I do not think I will get a answer that says he is supporting it as the article claims.....

Hello Jeff,

I am in a debate of sorts, and would like to have you confirm or deny that you are involved in a Bigfoot project, “ The Falcon Project “?

For someone to be asking for donations, I would like to see something more substantial that this is legitimate, and you have something to do with it also.

“ The research is to be coordinated through Idaho State University, with Dr. Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy & anthropology, acting as principal investigator. “

http://www.pr.com/press-release/446674

Thank you, I will await your reply before I make any decisions.

Robert

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#27    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 13 October 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

True, it isn't like you could fly this thing among the trees at 5ft-7ft-12ft heights, or peek in caves, look inside "nests". And where are these places that are so "squatchy" they warrant all this time, energy, technology and expense?

The technology with this type of camera work has been around a while.In 2006, " Planet Earth " showed some of the most stunning footage of migrations and such, from a helicopter...( google it, or watch it, amazing ).....

The technology is there, the animal is not, and I wonder if the project is also.

We all ready have " drones " that can be made by anyone. People in the RC world know this....

http://diydrones.com/

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#28    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostSakari, on 13 October 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

The technology with this type of camera work has been around a while.In 2006, " Planet Earth " showed some of the most stunning footage of migrations and such, from a helicopter...( google it, or watch it, amazing ).....

The technology is there, the animal is not, and I wonder if the project is also.

We all ready have " drones " that can be made by anyone. People in the RC world know this....

http://diydrones.com/

Camera technology yes, but on a  blimp such as this ?

I would still have to see it work in this regard to believe its possible efficacy in hunting an unknown animal.

A known animal is easy to identify. An unknown requires more...so to speak.. I have to question the stability and agility of an RC air ship searching the PNW etc for Mr Big. Let alone this craft's vulnerabilities in such environments.

I think it is suspicious as well.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 13 October 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#29    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 13 October 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Camera technology yes, but on a  blimp such as this ?

I would still have to see it work in this regard to believe its possible efficacy in hunting an unknown animal.

A known animal is easy to identify. An unknown requires more...so to speak.. I have to question the stability and agility of an RC air ship searching the PNW etc for Mr Big. Let alone this craft's vulnerabilities in such environments.

I think it is suspicious as well.

It is out there...And huge donations are not needed......Not a new thing.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#30    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

As the videos show, this technology has been around a long time......Why the need for donations?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users