Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Natalie Wood possibly bruised before death

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

If Natalie Wood had been Mrs Joe Blow the case would be ended. No, you're quite right, no-one is going to come out and say that Wagner  did anything to her but that's the way it's reading.

http://www.hollywood...gation/48409720

The coroner who has re-opened the case because of Davern's accusations worked on the Simpson/Goldman murder case. I think he likes seeing his name up in lights.

#17    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,195 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

http://www.dailymail...-questions.html

Detectives have spoken to other actors to learn more about their relationship.

Lt Corina said the latest inquiry had turned up new evidence.

It is up to prosecutors to go ahead with a new case.

A quick look at the article. No-one else except Wagner is being looked at, regi.

#18    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• 1,998 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostAntilles, on 19 January 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

http://www.dailymail...-questions.html

Detectives have spoken to other actors to learn more about their relationship.

Lt Corina said the latest inquiry had turned up new evidence.

It is up to prosecutors to go ahead with a new case.

A quick look at the article. No-one else except Wagner is being looked at, regi.

Of course, you're right, Antilles. That's not what they're "officially" stating, but clearly, there's no other plausible conclusion but that they're looking at Wagner.

You know, I'm continually disgusted in the way the media eats this stuff up. I'm reminded of what Joe McGinniss said in that article he wrote about the MacDonald hearing, particularly the last sentence.
"The media hyped the sensational claims made by MacDonald's lawyers and by Mr. Morris in advance of the hearing, but the cameras and reporters went elsewhere once witnesses began serving up factual meat and potatoes. It takes effort to chew, swallow and digest a complex hunk of fact, while speculation, accusation and innuendo melt in the mouth like cotton candy."

Yep...like cotton candy!

#19    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

She and her co-stars in "Rebel Without a Cause", Sal Mineo and James Dean, all died young under strange circumstances. The movie was cursed! :ph34r:

Posted Image

#20    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,195 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostOrder66, on 19 January 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

She and her co-stars in "Rebel Without a Cause", Sal Mineo and James Dean, all died young under strange circumstances. The movie was cursed! :ph34r:

I don't think the movie was cursed. If you believe in such things, then you could, certainly, say that about Dean, Wood and Mineo.

#21    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Since my first screen actor "crush" was Robert Wagner, I followed this tragic accident closely when it happened.  I saw in an earlier post a mention of Christopher Walken and his role and it made me remember back to an article I read written by Lana, Natalie's sister soon after the accident.  In it her love an admiration for Natalie was so evident but one of the topics she discussed was that as talented as Natalie was, that talent did not go so far in regard to picking men.  She made her distaste for two of the men Warren Beatty and Christopher Walken known without reservation.  In the article she said that Warren Beatty had gone so far as to try and seduce her, Lana, between the age of 12 and 14.  At a time he was involved with Natalie.  She went on to say that Christopher Walken had spent his entire time at Natalie's funeral in the restroom, smoking pot.  Her comments seemed so heartfelt, I never watched a movie with those two actors again.  Most pertinent perhaps to this discussion, she had nothing really negative to say about Robert W.  and that fits with the last comment I read from Lana when this matter was brought up again.  Her recent quote was pretty close to, "I don't think RJ would have ever purposely hurt Natalie, but ....things happen."

I just add this because of Lana's knowledge of the players.  Sounded to me quite consistent in the fact she felt Robert W. loved Natalie and if there was some type of involvement that it was an accident.

#22    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Why are we still dwelling on this.She was drunk off her ass. She could have falling before going into the water. Forenic's weren't as good as they are now.

#23    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Well, good knight, and please understand,  I don't think she was drunk off her ass....Please understand... It was never, ever me.. but I had a good friend  .. LOL..  really..... but my friend  had a DUI at 3.5 and she was about Natalie's size... and she remembered everything about it.. She had been a fashion buyer and spent a lot of time in the New York buying experience.. 1.8 for a drinker is not that high.... Yeah... I know... I am not condoning or saying she should have been driving about... but in view of Natalie's size that's only about 3 drinks within about 2 hours... Really  I'm not trying to be silly but the body learns to accommodate... I don't think 1.8 was that high in view of her Hollywood experience ...The drinking paired with the drugs, I don't know.. But when they started the legal limit thing.. .  It started at 1.5...

#24    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Let hre rest in peace and let the family end their mourning.  Openingold wounds isn't going to help them, and they aren't ever going to find any conclusive evidence one way or another.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#25    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,195 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostDuncansmom, on 30 January 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Since my first screen actor "crush" was Robert Wagner, I followed this tragic accident closely when it happened.  I saw in an earlier post a mention of Christopher Walken and his role and it made me remember back to an article I read written by Lana, Natalie's sister soon after the accident.  In it her love an admiration for Natalie was so evident but one of the topics she discussed was that as talented as Natalie was, that talent did not go so far in regard to picking men.  She made her distaste for two of the men Warren Beatty and Christopher Walken known without reservation.  In the article she said that Warren Beatty had gone so far as to try and seduce her, Lana, between the age of 12 and 14.  At a time he was involved with Natalie.  She went on to say that Christopher Walken had spent his entire time at Natalie's funeral in the restroom, smoking pot.  Her comments seemed so heartfelt, I never watched a movie with those two actors again.  Most pertinent perhaps to this discussion, she had nothing really negative to say about Robert W.  and that fits with the last comment I read from Lana when this matter was brought up again.  Her recent quote was pretty close to, "I don't think RJ would have ever purposely hurt Natalie, but ....things happen."

I just add this because of Lana's knowledge of the players.  Sounded to me quite consistent in the fact she felt Robert W. loved Natalie and if there was some type of involvement that it was an accident.

Absolutely. If you'd expect anyone to jump up and down about Natalie Wood's death you would expect it to be her sister. Davern had his chance 30 years ago and I don't for one minute buy the I'm wracked with guilt blurb. He wants money. And the Coroner wants his next 15 minutes of fame.

#26    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,769 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

I think if Wagner did do this his conscious would catch up with him unless he is a cold blooded killer. But i like wagner i watch his show to catch a thief on antenna tv..

#27    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,844 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

As an aside ( I think the case has no merit and should be put out of its misery), Natalie died partway through a rather interesting film directed by Douglas Trumbull (he was the special effects guru on 2001: A Space Odyssey) called 'Brainstorm'.  They still managed to finish the film as all her major scenes were done, and it's worth a look (as is anything that contains Chris Walken, I reckon!).

It's a quite well-told and disturbing (but long) story about the invention of a device that could record one person's experience so that another could then watch/experience it..  I won't say any more so as not to be a spoiler..  Good special effects, too, as you would expect (get the later BluRay version and watch on a large tv or projected..  But Trumbull was so scarred by the whole experience that he never directed again..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#28    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Natale is dead may she rest in peace. No one is going to ever no the real true about that night. There was a lot of drinking and drugs that faithful night. A shining star faded out that night.

#29    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• 1,998 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I don't know if there's ever a time when anyone (other than the victim/perp) ever knows every detail of how an accident occurred, or precisely how a homicide was carried out. There will always be unknowns. Always.
Only Wood knew the reason she left her room that night, so that aspect of the event and then what followed are aspects no one- including those who were there- will ever know, but I would never make a statement such as I don't know the "real" truth because I know enough of the evidence and the circumstances of the death that I'm capable of making a common sense, informed, and therefore, confident decision about it.

#30    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,758 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Natalie was deathly afraid of water.  It's inconceivable she would have gone out over water at night and grabbed a line to a dinghy that was striking the boat; she would have asked the captain to do it.    "She was drunk" can be an excuse for a lot of things; this one doesn't sound very likely.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users