Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Landing of “Disc Shaped UFO” Captured

Big Bad Voodoo

http://whofortedblog.com/2013/01/06/landing-disc-shaped-ufo-captured-security-camera/

The report is as follows:

My father works in an oil company here in Texas, and they had noticed that some people were taking the crude oil in the night. So they started putting cameras up around the areas. One night one camera caught a UFO. The news had spread throught the workers and they soon emailed to my father. My father had sent it to me and now Im posting it here on mufon. When I saw the picture I couldnt believe how the shape was, it was what I had expected. More so since it was also hovering off the ground. I was used to different ufos mainly because I have seen some since I was a kid. It really got to me that I now have proof of the existence of these entities.

I'm sure some will buy this, myself not being one of them.

You would think believers would get tired of being hoaxed.

Usual BS... no scaling available, could just be LEDS on the pipeline, no provenance for the location, basically... NOTHING!!!

I could do a better job of fooling the public in my own back yard

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 2

It doesn't look right to me. I say fake.

"One would hope that if the incident was captured on a security camera, there would be some form of video available. We can hold out hope for one (holding breath not advised),"

This is from the 5 of July, and only reported yesterday? strange....maybe the soil on the ground is from Mars, we should hear in August.

So UFO's are stealing crewd from Texas oil fields?

It seems so, and there is no possibility of it being humans stealing the oil. :whistle:

Edited by freetoroam

Look at the size of it...it's tiny.

The only kind of alien that would fit inside it would be this guy...

men-in-black-alien.jpg

..In which case I am Disappoint.

I like how the article title is "Landing of Disk Shaped UFO" and the article goes on to say "Any thoughts on the photo? Certainly looks reminiscent of the cigar shaped craft reported heavily"

The article itself can't even decide what shape it is.

Maybe the aliens needed blinker fluid. :passifier:

Very little to go on there. Is it a still taken from video? It would be nice to see video of that.

My gut tells me it's faked.

• Like 1

Maybe the aliens needed blinker fluid. :passifier:

I wasnt aware that you needed fluid for your blinkers, I thought those relied on fuses

• Like 1

I wasnt aware that you needed fluid for your blinkers, I thought those relied on fuses

Not on flying discs :innocent:

When I first saw this picture , I immediately felt that there was something wrong with it. But wasn't quite sure just what it was?...And then it struck me that if this unknown object in the picture , [which my initial perception deemed to be relatively small] was indeed a extraterrestrial vehicle on some kind,...then surely it must be of the un-manned variety!

My reasoning for this would be that as I already mentioned, at first look the object has the appearance of being rather short,...and even more apparent was the lack of depth to the object!..

But when I found this larger picture of the scene....

45031_submitter_file1__image.jpg

...I realised that my perception of the object may have been suffering from my inability to locate 'another more familiar object' to use as a reference point for sizing purposes!...And indeed , on the larger picture, the object does seem of a more substantial mass than I had previously thought!

But, I have to say that the depth of the object still seems 'a little slim' to me.

No doubt some more expert posters will come along soon and prove me wrong, but judging by the ground-illumination from the three lights on the object, along with the realistic shadowing beneath it...I would say that the whole 'picture' was legitimate and not a mocked up fake!

But of course, the sixty four thousand dollar question is...what is the picture showing?

Is it the smoking-gun snap-shot of an ET craft that we all crave?

Or...is it a picture of something more earthly and mundane?

Random thought time....????

[is it something that an oilfield worker would recognise straight away?]....[is it the edge of a helipad with night lights switched on?]...[is it the some kind of platform that is being transported by a large fork-truck just out of the picture?]

goodness knows?...Until we have the full security tape,...we can all have weird and crazy thoughts like this!

But the longer we are made to wait for the full story [ie...the whole security tape, and not just one tantalising frame-shot] ...the louder the 'deliberate-hoax-bells' are going to ring!

[six months since the 'incident'!....three days since the single frame was first aired in the Roger Marsh article in the Examiner....Texas witness claims security camera captured landed disc UFO - National ufo | Examiner.com ......is this starting to sound as fishy and contrived as the Baltic UFO to anyone else?? suspicious.gif]...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. scratchhead2.gif

Cheers.

• Like 1

Believers are like Charlie Brown. They fall for it every time.

lucy.jpg

• Like 1

I find the perspective hard to resolve, but it looks like 3 of these

27W-LED-work-light-02.jpg

In this shape

ED0007-flood.jpg

Either on a part runway or helipad, or a low roof, again depending on perspective.

Worklights can look pretty ominous in a photo

RearWorkLights.jpg

Any sort of machinery on oil fields (if that is indeed where this came from) that might be a culprit anyone?

ETA, just saw the 1963 post. Disregard, it's been said already.

Edited by psyche101

FWIW, if those lights are all the same, and if they're spaced around the rim of a disc, then the ones at the edge ought to appear shorter and the plash (yes, that's a word) of their light ought to point away from the center of the disc. Instead we have three apparently same sized lights all pointing in the same direction. So the 'object' is linear, if it's not a fake.

• Like 1

I'm sure some will buy this, myself not being one of them.

You damn right we are! Unfortunately hoaxers get some sick pleasure out of trying to fool people. People want the supposed video, I don't think anyone buying it yet.

Doesn't it need to be "flying" in order to be a UFO?

It seems to be resting on the ground, so it's more of an Unidentified Ground Object really.

Also, why do we only have a single still image of this "craft"? Don't security cameras take video footage, even if it's a frame a second? As it is, it just looks like a single nighttime photo of ground lights of some sort. There's hardly any detail to make out otherwise and nothing to indicate something that is either landing or taking off.

ITs All bigger in Texas ! Like the Truth, Its really ? Well It is texas afterall ! Remember the Alamo ! E.T. was an Alien you know ! :whistle::gun: