Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Hitler escape Germany at the end of WWII?

UM-Bot

British historian Gerrard Williams maintains that Hitler did not perish in his bunker after all.

As the Soviets descended on Berlin during the final days of the Nazi regime, Hitler and his wife Eva Braun were believed to have committed suicide to prevent themselves being captured.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/282535/did-hitler-escape-germany-at-the-end-of-wwii

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure he did commit suicide. It didn't fit his personality to flee. His ideal was to fight to the last man, and rather commit suicide than being captured. He thought that people who fled were scum who should be executed.

Edited by fred_mc

Summertime and real news are rare,

what can we do?

Make them where ever we are!

• Like 1

It's an interesting idea, but the article doesn't substantiate why and with what evidence it claims what it claims, so I'm hesitant to take it very seriously.

• Like 1

Since Mr. Williams offers no support for his beliefs in the article all I'm left to say is that he's entitled to his opinion. But that's all it is, his opinion.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he did commit suicide. It didn't fit his personality to flee. His ideal was to fight to the last man, and rather commit suicide than being captured. He thought that people who fled were scum who should be executed.

As long as that last man wa somebody else...
  • Like 2

And does he look young for his age.

hitleralive.jpg

• Like 7

And does he look young for his age.

hitleralive.jpg

He's just "One of the Boys From Brazil".
  • Like 2

It has always been a speculation, because the russions dug up the remains, re-buried them, first at an airbase in Eastern Germany, then they were moved again.

I would put my cent on the fact, that it was them, one of his last comments was : "Germens lost, let them be destroyed" (more or less).

Like one said, his personality was of a kind that, he would rather die, than be captured..

(sorry for spelling)

• Like 1

It has always been a speculation, because the russions dug up the remains, re-buried them, first at an airbase in Eastern Germany, then they were moved again.

I would put my cent on the fact, that it was them, one of his last comments was : "Germens lost, let them be destroyed" (more or less).

Like one said, his personality was of a kind that, he would rather die, than be captured..

(sorry for spelling)

This !

We know from ex-Soviet archives that KGB director Yuri Andropov ordered the remains of Hitler to be permanently disposed of. In 1970, on april 4th, his remains were digged up and scattered in the Biederitz river, a tributary to the Elbe river. They had previously been buried at a Soviet military base.

• Like 1

Its true. Hes hanging out with elvis and the czarina Anastasia.

i was going to ask why tupac wasn't there, but honestly, they probably wouldn't enjoy each others company.

the whole "hitler escaped" thing seems to be coming up a lot lately. i wonder why?

Hitler, Ava Braun, and Blondie lived out their days in a small comfortable village in Argentina. And when word got out, they basically lived on a small island a few dozen miles off the coast. I can't provide the links, but I've come across this hypothesis many times.

• Like 2

i was going to ask why tupac wasn't there, but honestly, they probably wouldn't enjoy each others company.

the whole "hitler escaped" thing seems to be coming up a lot lately. i wonder why?

It is probably because the Soviets never disclosed the truth of his faith, until after the end of the cold war, thus fueling the rumours of his survival.

The reason why they did this was because they were afraid that any kind of official grave would become a rallying point for neo nazis. Looking at what happened to Rudolf Hess' grave site, they were probably right in doing so !

And in theory Ava could still be alive. 103 but still alive.

Hitler was such a megalomaniac that it would've been impossible for him to survive. I'm absolutely convinced he committed suicide in the bunker, along with Eva. Their bodies were burned right outside, just as the story goes.

IF he hadn't committed suicide, and knowing about his ego, it's easy to believe the only other solution would be for him to lead a charge into the Soviets. He still would've died at the time the Soviets were storming Berlin, but he would've been a martyr that way.

Either way, he died just before Berlin fell completely. His psychological makeup wouldn't let him survive, and possibly be captured to be paraded in a cage like an animal. No, the risks were too great for that. He died by suicide. In the bunker.

• Like 4

I honestly don't care because he's freaking dead. And should remain "dead."

• Like 1

They say he, his wife n some german officials escaped to argentina..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

It is probably because the Soviets never disclosed the truth of his faith, until after the end of the cold war, thus fueling the rumours of his survival.

The reason why they did this was because they were afraid that any kind of official grave would become a rallying point for neo nazis. Looking at what happened to Rudolf Hess' grave site, they were probably right in doing so !

yeah, i'm aware of that, and it makes sense. i'm just curious about why it's become such a thing now. it just seems like there's been a lot of this in the past year or so.

They say he, his wife n some german officials escaped to argentina..

who are "they"?

• Like 1

If Hitler had survived I cant imagine him living a life without power; I could only imagine him gathering a group of supporters and the revealing himself to re-nationalize the Nazi party.There were plenty of clandestine groups that would have taken him in, a lot of westerners supported Hitler.

Never would I think that Hitler could look at his work and say to himself: "Maybe I should just... Run away?"

Edited by MeOnlyMe

This:

post-50472-0-61045900-1434171870_thumb.j

• Like 6

I'd say that it is possible the man who was found dead was Not Hitler, because the only people there to identify him really had no idea, other then pictures, what he looked like in real life. I've watched a couple shows on Hitler and he had many body doubles, and some of them were dead ringer in appearance. So scientifically it is hard to say that he did die in that bunker, because there isn't any remaining evidence.

I also watched a show that did a DNA analysis on a hand that supposedly was Eva Braun's that was saved from the bunker, and the genetics did not match any of her living relatives. So either they got the wrong hand (Most likely), or the Eva they got it off of was a body double.

So a bunch of Nazis escaped to South America, but Hitler himself had no plan but to commit suicide?