Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Neil Armstrong has died

RockabyeBillie

Will always remember being at school and watching Neil Armstrong take those first steps on the moon. Very sad indeed. May he RIP.

Might be nice to think that, out of respect for him, they might finally give NASA some of the attention it could do with so that it could build on what he began.

But that's probably wishful thinking.

• Like 4

Noooo! I just read indepth about this guy a few days ago, about Apollo 11 - 17. His death is an eye-opener to remind us how long it's been since we started visiting the Moon.

God`s Speed Neil Armstrong ! It was ,"One Giant Leap" ANd quite the Step too ! :tu:

• Like 2

A real American Hero. The type you want your kids to look up to unlike those sports stars.

• Like 2

:cry: I have no words....

From http://neilarmstrong....com/statement/

1930-20122.jpg

Statement from the Family of Neil Armstrong

Saturday, August 25, 2012

“We are heartbroken to share the news that Neil Armstrong has passed away following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures.

“Neil was our loving husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend.

“Neil Armstrong was also a reluctant American hero who always believed he was just doing his job. He served his Nation proudly, as a navy fighter pilot, test pilot, and astronaut. He also found success back home in his native Ohio in business and academia, and became a community leader in Cincinnati.

“He remained an advocate of aviation and exploration throughout his life and never lost his boyhood wonder of these pursuits.

“As much as Neil cherished his privacy, he always appreciated the expressions of good will from people around the world and from all walks of life.

“While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves.

“For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.”

—–

Further information may be found at www.neilarmstronginfo.com.

Rest in Peace...

Cz

Neil Armstrong.

A name that will be remembered and spoken for as long as Humanity endures.

He takes one last 'giant leap' into the great unknown.

Good luck Neil, on this last journey that we all must make.

• Like 1

Wow. A great man with great achievements.

Too bad some of his "ashes" couldn't be placed in a plaque on the moon, say, next to his footprints.

• Like 4

Too bad some of his "ashes" couldn't be placed in a plaque on the moon, say, next to his footprints.

Perhaps one day they will.... :)

Cz

• Like 2

Perhaps one day they will.... :)

Now wouldn't that be something!

Very sad loss. :( RIP

• Like 2

:( <..but also, how lucky was I to be alive when people like him roamed the earth. I have no idea what it must be like to be someone who inspires people who he'd never meet, but every now and again someone like that comes along....he was one of a few that do that.

We shall all miss this Great Man ! Such a wonderful way of Life he lead !

post-68971-0-36725300-1345928378_thumb.j

• Like 2

There are moments in our lives that we remember forever... One such was 20 July 1969, my 16th birthday... It was late in the evening (in my time zone) and my whole family was crowded around the TV set... The image was grainy - even by 1969 standards and really there wasn't much to see - just the high point of human civilization....

For one golden moment the entire world held it's breath and watched as one... Perhaps the last time it has ever done so... I remember tears in my mothers eyes as she looked over at me and said with a proud smile...

"When I was little girl, we moved here in a covered wagon. Oh, it wasn't like the ones you see in movies, but it was pulled by horses and covered with canvas... Now we are landing on the moon....In my lifetime!"

Thank you Lt Armstrong... For you service, your heroics, my mothers happy tears and for the dreams you gave all of us.

• Like 8

A real American Hero. The type you want your kids to look up to unlike those sports stars.

More than that, a true GLOBAL hero. He represented the best of what humanity has to offer; brave, professional, intelligent and modest.

• Like 5