Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Valerie Jarrett

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,386 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostMerc14, on 08 October 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Thanks again! :)

Posted Image

#17    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,172 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostGummug, on 08 October 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

Thanks again! :)

She is an "interesting" woman and I think she wants Obama ti get a second term more than he doesbecause it is the only way to kep the enemies she has made at bay.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#18    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,386 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostMerc14, on 08 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

She is an "interesting" woman and I think she wants Obama ti get a second term more than he doesbecause it is the only way to kep the enemies she has made at bay.
I can sure believe that! I don't know why, but sometimes looking at her gives me the creeps...despite her "beauty".

Posted Image

#19    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,386 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

For those who want to know more about Valerie Jarrett but might be daunted by five links, at least this one is imo a must read:
http://www.americant...ie_jarrett.html
eta: forgot to add, courtesy of Merc14!

Edited by Gummug, 08 October 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#20    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,172 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

What do you think now?  Interesting and mysterious stuff isn't it?  She got rid of both Emanuel and Daly who are both pretty powerful players in democrat party.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#21    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,386 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

I thought there was something creepy about her, lol. I haven't finished completely reading the links yet, I'd do it this afternoon but plan on seeing a movie with a friend...I'll pledge (I better keep that pledge!) to finish reading them tomorrow...maybe even tonight if there's enough time left after our "soiree".

Posted Image

#22    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,386 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

I have finished reading all but one of the links, and I'm finishing that one right now. I sure wish I could get Ninjadude to read those links...I wonder if he'd still be such an avid Obama supporter. Thanks for the additional info! :)  I really think if Obama gets reelected we might as well kiss this country good-bye. Btw, I was at my friend Sue's house last night and we watched "Atlas Shrugged". You might like to see that if you haven't already. I am John Galt (that's from the movie).

Edited by Gummug, 09 October 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image

#23    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,172 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostGummug, on 09 October 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

I have finished reading all but one of the links, and I'm finishing that one right now. I sure wish I could get Ninjadude to read those links...I wonder if he'd still be such an avid Obama supporter. Thanks for the additional info! :)  I really think if Obama gets reelected we might as well kiss this country good-bye. Btw, I was at my friend Sue's house last night and we watched "Atlas Shrugged". You might like to see that if you haven't already. I am John Galt (that's from the movie).

Sorry but ninjadude doesn't care about reality, he is set on the myth that is Obama.  Fortunately, most of the country isn't, so he will spend the next 4 years screaming about Romney and pushing for Hillary.  Sounds like fun, huh?.  Especially since Hillary is a failure as SofS and he will have a new hobby of denying it!!  Bush's fault will still be a go-to for the left.  Sad.  .

I read Atlas Shrugged a couple of years ago after reading the Fountainhead and loved it.  Watching the movie felt a bit like watching a capitalist movie in Stalinist Russia (sort of, without the NKVD and Lubyanka threat) and everyone clapped at the end.  How did we get here? Anyways I will be watching part two and love Ayn Rnd.  If you like Rand, or are interested in her, this is a wonderful short interview of William F. Buckley discussing his relationship with Rand.  Great links of her included.

Remember that you don't have to agree with everything Rand believes in but you can love the basic ideology.

#24    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,386 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

In the interview, he said that "Atlas Shrugged" was the biggest selling novel in the history of the world! That dumbfounded me because I would never have guessed...I am definitely going to have to read it. I read "The Fountainhead" years ago, but that's the only Ayn Rand book I've read so far.
"Remember that you don't have to agree with everything Rand believes in but you can love the basic ideology."  I was kind of that way with "The Fountainhead". Sorry to hear about Ninjadude, I guess he drank the kool-aid.
Speaking of the SofS, I can't believe hardly that the American people put up with the POTUS and his cronies after the fiasco with our American ambassador in Libya. I mean, the lies and incompetence and/or uncaring are mind-boggling.

Posted Image

#25    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,172 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

I think more and more are sayng enough of this incompetent. I don't think, however, that they realize how utterly corrupt this administration is.  Romney is going to audit the fed when he gets in and that should be very interesting.

#26    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,386 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostMerc14, on 10 October 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

I think more and more are sayng enough of this incompetent. I don't think, however, that they realize how utterly corrupt this administration is.  Romney is going to audit the fed when he gets in and that should be very interesting.
:tu:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users