Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Petition to make devocalization illegal

Keel M.

Unfortunately this petition is open to US residents only, but I wanted to share this here to make sure that everyone has a chance to sign it. It's a petition to let veterinarians that de-vocalizing dogs AND cats is mutilation. If you aren't quite sure what this is, they basically cut a dog's or cat's vocal cords so they cannot make any noise. It's a cruel and inhumane thing to do to these animals. If they are willing to put a stop to the "cropping" of ears of certain breeds, why won't they stop de-vocalization?

I signed the petition. Will you?

Petition

• Like 6

i'd rather see those that abuse animals, really abuse, put in jail, instead of fines, or slap on the wrist punishment. devocalization is nothing next to that, plus it doesn't hurt the animal.

Okay, then I hope someone decides they're tired of hearing you talk and finds a way to remove your vocal cords.

• Like 5

Unfortunately this petition is open to US residents only, but I wanted to share this here to make sure that everyone has a chance to sign it. It's a petition to let veterinarians that de-vocalizing dogs AND cats is mutilation. If you aren't quite sure what this is, they basically cut a dog's or cat's vocal cords so they cannot make any noise. It's a cruel and inhumane thing to do to these animals. If they are willing to put a stop to the "cropping" of ears of certain breeds, why won't they stop de-vocalization?

Petition

I'm actually quite ashamed to admit that my ex-wife and I did this to our dog in the late eighties. Our next door neighbors complained constantly about our dog barking (I swear these people could hear a pin drop in my backyard). They were extremely unfriendly and unsympathetic to the situation and started calling the police whenever they heard any dog bark in the neighborhood. After two visits to our house by the police, we were told that if they came out again, the dog would be taken away from us. We were young and stupid and were told by the vet that it wouldn't hurt the dog and would turn the volume of his bark down to a minimum. I've always regretted doing this, especially since the oversensitive neighbors moved away shortly after we had this done. I was glad to see them move.....

Petition signed!

• Like 1

De-vocalising, ear clipping, tail docking, de-clawing.

All horrible, cruel and unnecessary.

Unfortunately all my cats are de-clawed. My parents doing, not my own. Personally I would never have done it, but I had no say.

I signed the petition as well.

• Like 1

Okay, then I hope someone decides they're tired of hearing you talk and finds a way to remove your vocal cords.

guess you got your common sense gland removed, it is eiher that or getting rid of the dog or put it down, what would you choose? life aint fare and the world is cruel, get used to it. and have them implant your common sense back, it'll help you down the road.

also since when outlawing something stopped ppl from doing it anyway?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

guess you got your common sense gland removed, it is eiher that or getting rid of the dog or put it down, what would you choose? life aint fare and the world is cruel, get used to it. and have them implant your common sense back, it'll help you down the road.

also since when outlawing something stopped ppl from doing it anyway?

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine....

• Like 1

Every time I see something like this I always think less of humanity as a whole and a little more of myself for not being able to come up with an idea like that on my own. It takes a special kind of person to come up with ideas like this. Signed it and spread it around a bit.

• Like 3

i'd rather see those that abuse animals, really abuse, put in jail, instead of fines, or slap on the wrist punishment. devocalization is nothing next to that, plus it doesn't hurt the animal.

This post should come into the gallery of most stupid posts ever.

We could cut off your ears, your pecker, fingers, pull out your teeth, and so on, and you'd still be able to live to a hundred years of age.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

If i lived in the US i would sign in a heartbeat. I despise people who do this, or think it is justified in any way.

• Like 3

Abuse of animals and the planet, nothing about humanity ever surprises me.

De-vocalising, ear clipping, tail docking, de-clawing.

All horrible, cruel and unnecessary.

What would you do with a dog that will not stop barking? I've never done this, but I don't have a problem with it.

My cat has her claws, but if she was clawing up all my furniture, I could see myself having her declawed. Well maybe not. She'd just become a full time outdoor cat.

What would you do with a dog that will not stop barking? I've never done this, but I don't have a problem with it.

My cat has her claws, but if she was clawing up all my furniture, I could see myself having her declawed. Well maybe not. She'd just become a full time outdoor cat.

There are people that actually train animals.....and their owners.....really! :tu:

I wish I had looked into this with my dog before doing what I have long regretted! :cry:

• Like 3

How to teach a dog to stop barking. Teach it to speak, when it barks say enough, while it is not barking treat. It is how I trained my chihuahua to stop barking after the first few barks. If there is someone outside I want my dog to bark and tell me. That is her job. When I look, I say enough and she stops. I learned that from watching Victoria Stillwell's show. One thing about dog training is you have to be smarter than the dog. I find most people aren't.

• Like 4

I had a Beagle for 16 years. I miss her to this day and always will. She could make me CRAZY with her incessant barking but to have taken her voice would have been unthinkable to me. And this is a dog that could cause a partially filled can of soda to VIBRATE in your hand when she barked :w00t::tu:

• Like 5

My folks raised beagles for hunting, all my dad had to do was open the back door and they would stop unless there was a reason for them barking, then they would run in their dog houses and bark. Amazing what a good training tool a water hose is.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 1

There are people that actually train animals.....and their owners.....really! :tu:

I wish I had looked into this with my dog before doing what I have long regretted! :cry:

A trainer is a good option, but they are more expensive than the operation and it is not a sure thing.

I had to use a shocking bark collar on my miniature poodle. It only took about 2 days. I have to put it on him about 1 day evey3 months. Cheap and effective.

Petition

i signed it gladly! omg i used to joke about an operation to shut my cat up, never realizing this sort of thing actually is done. i feel terrible for even making a joke about it now. i will not, however, apologize to my cat. he can't read so he will be none the wiser.

• Like 2

I had a Beagle for 16 years. I miss her to this day and always will. She could make me CRAZY with her incessant barking but to have taken her voice would have been unthinkable to me. And this is a dog that could cause a partially filled can of soda to VIBRATE in your hand when she barked :w00t::tu:

i had a beagle for years too. neediest dog i ever loved i tell ya

• Like 1

This post should come into the gallery of most stupid posts ever.

We could cut off your ears, your pecker, fingers, pull out your teeth, and so on, and you'd still be able to live to a hundred years of age.

tell you what buddy, if you my neighbor, and your dog barks none stop, i will get you get rid of it, and sue the hell out of you, i'll make you spend your last cent on lawyers and lawsuits, or your dog will accidentally eat something and die.

your choice.

tell you what buddy, if you my neighbor, and your dog barks none stop, i will get you get rid of it, and sue the hell out of you, i'll make you spend your last cent on lawyers and lawsuits, or your dog will accidentally eat something and die.

your choice.

Your post reeks of anger, bitterness, and animal cruelty!

Really......you'd feed something poisonous to a dog to get it to shut up? Absolutely disgusting!!!!

You don't deserve to ever own a pet!

• Like 3

If you can't deal with the annoying traits of the animal, find another home for the animal, it's really not that hard to figure out. Living next to a neighbor who's dog barked constantly at all hours of the night would p*** me off too. Letting that go on shows a lack of concern and care for others (including the animal), those people also should not have pets.

There's another option, how about we even the playing field. A barking dog at random times during the day or night right outside someone's window warrants a bullhorn being used randomly throughout the day and night near the window of the barking dog's owner. Fair? I think so.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Your post reeks of anger, bitterness, and animal cruelty!

Really......you'd feed something poisonous to a dog to get it to shut up? Absolutely disgusting!!!!

You don't deserve to ever own a pet!

actually, my friend, what is disgusting is your position ,that my, and my family's quality of life should depend on your dog, and you think i should live with that, and tolarate it. nope, wont happen, buddy.

ask my neighbour, that lost her parking spot in our apt complex, had a court order to install sound proof walls in her appt, and was made to get rid of one of her dogs. your dogs are your problem, if you make it my problem, i will put you in place. i have done it before, no court in usa will be on your side.

just for your 411, i love dogs, i had them all my life, never had ears\ tail\ voice removed, all were healthy and happy. but i hate those that think i should give up my quality of life, becouse you think your dog is cute , and none stop barking is no big deal.

btw, i never poisoned any dog, never will, but i have seen it happen many times, i choose to go after ignorant and unconsiderate owners like you, and it works everytime,

now focus your attention , on real anilmal cruelty, puppy mills, neglect..... that we have in abundance in this world. you can sign useles petition, that wont acheave anything, but better off give money to your local shelter, and donate your time, for thing that are actually needed. do something that gets real results , now, that you can. see, not just sign some , b.s form that will make you feel good, and not much more.

you right, my post reeks of anger, but not towards pets, but toward ppl like you.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

actually, my friend, what is disgusting is your position ,that my, and my family's quality of life should depend on your dog, and you think i should live with that, and tolarate it. nope, wont happen, buddy.

You seem top have a major chip on your shoulder. I never said that my dog was a constant barker. He barked here and there but not anymore than the average dog. I really did just have overly sensitive neighbors that demanded absolute quietness in the neighborhood. They came to my door and actually said this to me. They were being unreasonable to the point that if any dog in the neighborhood barked, they came to my door to complain which then led them to start calling the police. If they wanted absolute quietness, then they should have been living in the country, not in the city limits in a neighborhood full of dogs. Who knows who else they called the cops on.....

ask my neighbour, that lost her parking spot in our apt complex, had a court order to install sound proof walls in her appt, and was made to get rid of one of her dogs. your dogs are your problem, if you make it my problem, i will put you in place. i have done it before, no court in usa will be on your side.

N/A to me.

just for your 411, i love dogs, i had them all my life, never had ears\ tail\ voice removed, all were healthy and happy. but i hate those that think i should give up my quality of life, becouse you think your dog is cute , and none stop barking is no big deal.

btw, i never poisoned any dog, never will, but i have seen it happen many times, i choose to go after ignorant and unconsiderate owners like you, and it works everytime,

I love dogs too, as well as all animals.

Who's asking you to give up your quality of life? Dogs bark on occasion.....most people understand this and don't care, especially if they have a dog of their own. My dog barking a few times a day does not make me an inconsiderate owner.....it just means that my dog was normal. My neighbors were the inconsiderate ones as they wanted my dog removed from me so they could have their absolute quietness.

And BTW, you did imply that you would poison a dog. You said "i'll make you spend your last cent on lawyers and lawsuits, or your dog will accidentally eat something and die."

now focus your attention , on real anilmal cruelty, puppy mills, neglect..... that we have in abundance in this world. you can sign useles petition, that wont acheave anything, but better off give money to your local shelter, and donate your time, for thing that are actually needed. do something that gets real results , now, that you can. see, not just sign some , b.s form that will make you feel good, and not much more.

I love all animals and do want a stop to all animal cruelty, but I can't figure out why you feel this petition is useless. Anything that is done to prevent cruelty to animals, whether it be through monetary donations, signed petitions, or direct involvement by way of volunteering or protesting is a worthwhile contribution.

you right, my post reeks of anger, but not towards pets, but toward ppl like you.

I'm sorry that you have anger issues.....there are anger management classes for that.....