Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Qur'aan Cosmological Model

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#106    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 13 November 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

How so. How do you/we know this? I can tell you it's not by taking our observations backwards.

You claim a vacuum existed before the singularity? Your visualising a tiny fireball in a vacuum exploding and expanding? The vacuum you refer to is a rich structure of fluctuating energy, so sub atomic particles don't just appear from nothing their a result of fluctuating energy in the vacuum, thus constituting to matter. Time, space and matter were all condensed in to a singularity. Upon expansion time, space (vacuum) and matter came into existence.

What empirical data and observations combined with physics etc show that the universe began, this is fact, the theories which refer to possible physical causes which created the singularity have no basis of proof where as the beginning of the universe is established fact.

#107    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

View Postal-amiyr, on 13 November 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Nothing left of skeleton. The Lion ate him.

View PostSeeker79, on 13 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Oh come on AB... Let's not play that game, lion has got you beat in the formal logic department.

Come on guys.. Its getting to be more of a personal attack  ..Lion ate no one.. I feel  the smugness is oozing  and it is pointless  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 14 November 2012 - 12:10 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#108    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Seriously Alien I genuinely don't mean to offend or belittle you or anyone. I enjoy our debates and everyone here knows that I always bring philosophy in to scientific debates, I do so because most people don't understand that scientific theories are rejected or accepted based on philosophical reasonings and alignment. For example all the empirical data showing us that we live in a heliocentric solar system can be interpreted to create a geo centric model showing earth at the centre of the solar system and the universe. We reject the latter on philosophical basis alone!

#109    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,695 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostAlienated Being, on 13 November 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

And I would not expect any other kind of a response coming from you.
Yet another fallacy ;)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#110    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,695 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 13 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Come on guys.. Its getting to be more of a personal attack  ..Lion ate no one.. I feel  the smugness is oozing  and it is pointless
Sorry BM... Honestly I was hopeing to avoid the formal logic arguments. it's much more interesting when we leave all the fallacies out of good oled different opinions. But if it goes there one better carry a clear mirror.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#111    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Location:Table Mountain - Cape Town - At The Junction Between The Two Seas - At The Cape Of Good Hope - South Africa

• Leading to A<->THEISM you do not know.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 13 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Come on guys.. Its getting to be more of a personal attack  ..Lion ate no one.. I feel  the smugness is oozing  and it is pointless  lol
Don't shoot! I was eaten already.Will revive tomorrow.

y = mx + L

#112    Cybele

Cybele

Married to the Void

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

• Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

the gospel of science and it's clergy

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

The consensus agrees that the universe began it had a finite beginning

point being it's metaphysical theories with no science behind it, yet you prefer those theories as the cause of our universe coming into existence, although it does not meet your standards, the very same standards of proof you demand from religion, scripture, and god.

You're a broken record, Lion. It doesn't matter how many times I correct you, even with regard to my own opinion. You'll keep repeating the same falsehoods over and over as though it actually changes something.

Translating the Quran goes through the same process, judgement cant be based on the translated words it has to be based on the original. Clearly you have no clue about linguistics, etymology of words etc. The verses which refer to splitting and seperation denote expansion by virtue of contextual, historical, linguistic setting and placements. That ofcourse in the original Arabic, the English translation is a best attempt to bring the meaning to you in English, but a lot is lost in translation

And I predicted that you would say this as well.

View PostCybele, on 13 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

you will simply maintain that I cannot access the original material in the original language, so my understanding is inherently inferior, as you are wont to do.

I'll let the OP get back to his theories.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#113    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 14 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Sorry BM... Honestly I was hopeing to avoid the formal logic arguments. it's much more interesting when we leave all the fallacies out of good oled different opinions. But if it goes there one better carry a clear mirror.

I find ALL of your posts interesting..  ( Yourself, al-amiyr, Lion, AB  and a few others ) I like to just read and observe more in this particular thread

View Postal-amiyr, on 14 November 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

:P  You are like the terminator ..get destroyed and gel back to yourself in no time ...You should put  - I'll be back  - at the bottom of your posts  lol

#114    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,172 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View Postal-amiyr, on 14 November 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

That was good.

Say, I have a question. Are you a follower, adherent or believer in the Muslim sharia law?

#115    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Location:Table Mountain - Cape Town - At The Junction Between The Two Seas - At The Cape Of Good Hope - South Africa

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostCybele, on 14 November 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

What theory?

y = mx + L

#116    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 November 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

I find ALL of your posts interesting..  ( Yourself, al-amiyr, Lion, AB  and a few others ) I like to just read and observe more in this particular thread

:P  You are like the terminator ..get destroyed and gel back to yourself in no time ...You should put  - I'll be back  - at the bottom of your posts  lol
There was a young lady called Bright
Who could travel much faster than light
She started one day
In the relative way
And returned home on the previous night.

y = mx + L

#117    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

View Postpallidin, on 14 November 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

That was good.

Say, I have a question. Are you a follower, adherent or believer in the Muslim sharia law?

Are you crazy??? Joking! ....What Sharia Law?

y = mx + L

#118    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostCybele, on 14 November 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

I cannot find my theories. Since they saw a Lion chasing a skeleton they disappeared. I think they will be back tomorrow.

y = mx + L

#119    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

View Postal-amiyr, on 14 November 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

There was a young lady called Bright
Who could travel much faster than light
She started one day
In the relative way
And returned home on the previous night.

There was a UMer named John
His posts were strange but long
When he got back
They were right on track
What he stated?
Was heavily debated
So he closed his account, and was gone !!

Ohh my what am I like?   I couldn't make up one that relates to yours, so I made up one about a Umer instead lol :P

EDIT - Sorry.. I meant to add..A UMer is a member of this forum..( All of us are UMers )

Anyhoo  hope your night is good.. Catch you later

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 14 November 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#120    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

There was a UMer named John
His posts were strange but long
When he got back
They were right on track
What he stated?
Was heavily debated
So he closed his account, and was gone !!

Ohh my what am I like?   I couldn't make up one that relates to yours, so I made up one about a Umer instead lol :P

EDIT - Sorry.. I meant to add..A UMer is a member of this forum..( All of us are UMers )

Anyhoo  hope your night is good.. Catch you later

I was wondering what a UMer was. How humorous! It brought to mind this one.

There once was a fellow from Yuma
who told an elephant joke to a puma
Now his skeleton lies
under hot western skies
The Puma had no sense of huma

Put the arrows in a safe place;hope to dodge them tomorrow again.

y = mx + L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users