Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kiwi bird monster

vultureswithcandy

Hello. My name is Gene. I just joined to find some help...

Today my sister and I were alone at our house. It was a weird day, like 70 degrees outside in December. Anyways, I was upstairs in my room and my sister went downstairs in the kitchen. She screamed and came upstairs and told me she saw a monster.

She was looking out of a window, towards the woods in the backyard and heard our dog barking a low, weird way, then he ran towards the woods. She looked into the woods and saw two bird like creatures. She said they had really long black skinny bird legs, white sausage like bodies, and a really long and big black beak. She said they looked like they were about 6-7ft tall, an one was shorter than the other. The creepiest part: She said they were both hopping very high into the air together, probably 10ft. She said she saw them for about 3 seconds then they "hopped away".

Se was extremely scared and so am I......... What the heck were those things?

By the way, we are in the coastal Virginia. Oh and also about the weather, there was a strange summer/hurricane like storm right before this happened. It was at like 4:00 pm.

Anyways, thanks for reading this and stuff....cool website.

• Like 2

Hey Gene, welcome to UM.

I know there are a lot of stories of bird cryptids out there, but I haven't heard of anything quite like this. As to what it is, all I can say is that if your sister is very young she could have seen cranes and let her imagination get the better of herself. Did you go to where she saw them to see if they left and signs? Maybe keep a camera readily available in your hope in case they reappear.

Interesting story, and pretty creepy too. Stuff like this is the reason I joined this site. Sorry I can't be of much help.

• Like 1

Will due to where you are at, I'm gonna have to agree with Oniomancer. I live in Richmond & it's not uncommon to see cranes & herons here as well as the coastal areas. I feel it's safe say case closed.