Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Warrants This? A man's Opinion Preferred

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostSakari, on 16 June 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Maybe she only wants a Mans attention?

I wondered the same thing....
Because I sometimes can get very shy around people, so I thought I'd try to get some more numerous, varying input by more comfortable means. But thanks for jumping in to take a stab at my personality, when you don't know me. That was pretty out of the blue, and I'm sure being a jerk is an 'easy' thing to do here.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#17    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 16 June 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

It is weird but maybe they are just looking out for  iam a guy in my late 30's. are they strange
You know maybe it's a cultural thing, but are any of you American? It's not uncommon (here) for older men to call younger women 'sweetie' and tell them to 'be careful' out late. It's not strange, and if I'm going just off a face value, these guys don't seem weird or anything. They're just coworkers, local people, and so on. Again, what I was asking for from the start was the psychology behind this, just so I'm being clear; I guess the theory that men loosely familiarize their daughters or sisters with a larger, general group of women mentally could be part of it possibly. Does that sound at all valid?

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#18    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,750 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostHeartsAreForBreaking, on 17 June 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Because I sometimes can get very shy around people, so I thought I'd try to get some more numerous, varying input by more comfortable means. But thanks for jumping in to take a stab at my personality, when you don't know me. That was pretty out of the blue, and I'm sure being a jerk is an 'easy' thing to do here.

Was joking sweetheart.

"sweetheart " was a joke also.

My last two replies stand, not the one about wanting a mans opinion, just the two before.

I would never treat a girl like that, to creepy, and I would feel I was coming off as a pervert. ( regarding your question )

Edited by Sakari, 17 June 2013 - 04:26 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 June 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

Was joking sweetheart.

"sweetheart " was a joke also.

My last two replies stand, not the one about wanting a mans opinion, just the two before.

I would never treat a girl like that, to creepy, and I would feel I was coming off as a pervert. ( regarding your question )
Oh, gosh, I'm sorry. You know, I really had a terrible, terrible relationship with the man who raised me, and my step father, and I'm dealing with that more and more every day, but I never had any real access to a normal, plutonic relationship in that sense.

I didn't even realize you were joking, and one thing that always ticks me off is people who take the easy way to attacking a person, you know? So here I was thinking you were some creep jumping on an easy opportunity to take shots at someone. If you were kidding, my mistake. Sweetie.

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,750 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostHeartsAreForBreaking, on 17 June 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry. You know, I really had a terrible, terrible relationship with the man who raised me, and my step father, and I'm dealing with that more and more every day, but I never had any real access to a normal, plutonic relationship in that sense.

I didn't even realize you were joking, and one thing that always ticks me off is people who take the easy way to attacking a person, you know? So here I was thinking you were some creep jumping on an easy opportunity to take shots at someone. If you were kidding, my mistake. Sweetie.

No problems....

I am curious, what did you think of my replies?

I can assure you any guy I know would agree with what I posted.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#21    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 June 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

No problems....

I am curious, what did you think of my replies?

I can assure you any guy I know would agree with what I posted.

Well I'm convinced this isn't, at least not here, 'creepy'. When I hear sweetie in this context, it's very clearly a non-sexual gesture. Do you ever call your daughter sweetie? Honey? Anything along those lines? I get a strong feeling it's something remotely similar, which makes me think it might just be an almost generalized paternal instinct. I don't know what it is, though that would be my best guess, and hence I'm asking others.

Edited by HeartsAreForBreaking, 17 June 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#22    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,750 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostHeartsAreForBreaking, on 17 June 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Well I'm convinced this isn't, at least not here, 'creepy'. When I hear sweetie in this context, it's very clearly a non-sexual gesture. Do you ever call your daughter sweetie? Honey? Anything along those lines? I get a strong feeling it's something remotely similar, which makes me think it might just be an almost generalized paternal instinct. I don't know what it is, though that would be my best guess, and hence I'm asking others.

I am refering to how you say they all say " be careful out there "......That is the thing I would not be saying, unless there was a major storm, or you lived in a battle field.

That is what is creepy to me.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users