Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"Pink Mass" performed at Westboro Bap. grave

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Grave desecration (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the "Pink Mass" be considered desecration?

1. Yes, this is disprespectul. (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. No, this is a taste of their own medicine. (17 votes [85.00%])

Percentage of vote: 85.00%

3. Other, let me explain. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,610 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Members of the Satanist Temple performed on Sunday what its spokesman describes as a “pink mass” an admittedly made-up ritual, celebrating gay love, at the grave in Meridian, Miss.

Spokesman Lucien Greaves doffed a headdress made of horns as two male couples, and a female couple recited scripture, lit candles and made out over the grave.

View: Read more

Edited by The world needs you, 20 July 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,819 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

hahahahahaha

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

What goes around, comes around.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#4    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,984 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I almost voted that this was desecration.  But considering what Westboro has done to others I think a small taste of what they dish out is warranted.  It would be nice to get more than just a one-sentence comment from a Westboro "spokesman", sounds much too legal.  I have a feeling that publicly the stance is "oh, we don't care" but privately they're fuming over it and trying to think of the next best way to get back at the world.  That's all they really are about - getting back at others.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#5    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Ah well I find it so disrespectful of those Satanists to do that to a grave.. Who does these disrespectful things at graves?  I don't think its right, because with the WBC constantly disrespecting in the name of god towards other peoples graves/funerals, doesn't mean someone should show them any disrespect... My heart goes out to the WBC, they are being treated disrespectfully for their beliefs... Shame on ALL of you for laughing and voting NO.. If you ever see Fred Phelps, you go up to him, plant him a nice big wet kiss, and tell him you are sorry. :yes:

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 20 July 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#6    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Do you not also find it disrespectful that they picket soldiers funerals and now Innocent victims of an alleged terrorist attack? They Purposefully disrespect people and when your disrespect you get disrespected. As i said what goes around comes around and there long overdue.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#7    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Karma-
serving up justice one a$$hole at a time.....

Edited by shrooma, 20 July 2013 - 08:31 PM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#8    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,610 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

The "no" vote was based on additional information not found in the linked article from ABC but from an unlinked Huffington Post article and a photo at The Gauntlet which reveals a bodily part usually reserved for privacy was actually placed on the headstone.

Every detail before that was laughable even if still desecration but this other act could be illegal. Still, not going to judge anyone for voting "yes".

Did Fred Phelps' mother actually hate others like her son does? This is her grave after all. Just devil advocating here and not seriously opposing anyone's view but offering additional information and thoughts.

Edited by The world needs you, 20 July 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#9    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

It's pointless to do this kind of thing and fuel the fires of hatred. You know this will only insight more problems. Sigh..... People revel in conflict. I know why the satanists are doing this, but really... What does it solve. It's really  just a bunch of people being self indulgent.  Both the satanists and the Christians.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostVaise, on 20 July 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Do you not also find it disrespectful that they picket soldiers funerals and now Innocent victims of an alleged terrorist attack? They Purposefully disrespect people and when your disrespect you get disrespected. As i said what goes around comes around and there long overdue.

Sigh, all of this disrespecting will only lead to a war someday...It might even cause global warming to get worse...I think it might lead to us all turning into Satanists oooohhhhhhhh that wont look well...It might even push Fred, Wilma and his gang to make a new sign.. God hates satanists ...lol....Poor Fred, no wonder the man looks like a soggy dollar bill..  *sigh* .

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#11    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,177 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

Do I see the humor in it?  Yes, in a morbid way.

But it serves no purpose.  This group messed w/ the grave of a woman who may or may not, have anything to do w/ the WBC's tactics.

It's also someone's mom, I don't have many morals I stick to, but of the few I do, a big one is that in a fight, you keep the fight to the person you have the issue with.

The saddest bit of all this is that Phelps was once a very good lawyer who helped the Civil Rights movement.

Always wondered what happened to make him get to where he is now

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#12    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,870 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostSkepticalB, on 03 August 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

The saddest bit of all this is that Phelps was once a very good lawyer who helped the Civil Rights movement.
''
Always wondered what happened to make him get to where he is now

According to his son, Nathan, he's always been a racist. I won't quote the words he used, but you can read about it here: http://www.cnn.com/2...cher/index.html

Whether or not his sons words are to be believed, I do not know, but it would be fitting with Fred Phelps' character.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users