Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

When the evidence is overwhelming

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#421    mcmchugh99

mcmchugh99

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

This is a link to the JAL 1628 radar-visual UFO incident over Alaska, another one that has never really been explained:

My link

As Dr. Hynek said, these kinds of cases are very rare and make up only 1-2% of all UFO reports.

#422    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

Thanks mcm! - will check them out soon.

Good points Shadow_Wolf but how can you be sure of any of those assumptions.
Let's say you are an inventor and you come up with the plans for one of these things. Now, i know some things about inventors you may not. For starters most of them are not good with money - I mean in the sense that they usually aren't good entrepreneurs. A lot of them never see any money for their efforts because they are too paranoid to actually show their inventions to anyone. A lot of them are plain weirdos.
Anywho... What I'm getting at is that you may have guys out there who planned these things on paper and never did anything else.
Likewise, you may have some out there who are flying their inventions around like crazy, laughing their crazy arses off at us who are discussing whether or not they are aliens!
And this is just the ones who did file patents.
As to law suits - the books are divided with a large percentage of them being past expiry, so you don't have to worry about being sued if you build an old one ;)
You just down't know Shadow. Anything is possible and weirder things have happened.

#423    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

On my first proof read of one of mcm's examples I find it interesting that the 'bogey' followed the RB-47.
Would 'following' be a characteristic of meteorological plasma phenomena?

Oh nice work mcm!
This case has visual sighting by at least two people, has detection via equipment that detects electromagnetic signals on the aircraft, it has ground radar sighting and aircraft intercept.  :tu:

[EDIT] I've now read both cases and again ask the question, how could anyone out-right deny the likelyhood of UFO being ET when faced with cases like these?

Edited by Paxus, 23 August 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#424    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

Environmentally Friendly

• 29,293 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

View PostPaxus, on 23 August 2010 - 05:23 PM, said:

Let's say you are an inventor and you come up with the plans for one of these things. Now, i know some things about inventors you may not. For starters most of them are not good with money - I mean in the sense that they usually aren't good entrepreneurs. A lot of them never see any money for their efforts because they are too paranoid to actually show their inventions to anyone. A lot of them are plain weirdos.
Anywho... What I'm getting at is that you may have guys out there who planned these things on paper and never did anything else.
Likewise, you may have some out there who are flying their inventions around like crazy, laughing their crazy arses off at us who are discussing whether or not they are aliens!
As to law suits - the books are divided with a large percentage of them being past expiry, so you don't have to worry about being sued if you build an old one ;)
You just down't know Shadow. Anything is possible and weirder things have happened.
One thing i suspect probably is true about inventors is that very few of them actually do conform to the Dr Frankenstein/Emmett Brown image of popular fiction, and personally I find the idea of mega-rich mad genii flying out of secret underground bases with their secret gravity-defying craft, unlicenced and unauthorised by any aviation authority, just too Thunderbirds/007 circa Roger Moore era, I really do.

Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."

~ D. Trump.

“You are going to hear all the familiar complaints: ‘freedom of speech,’ ” Mrs. Clinton said in an hourlong speech

#425    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

*LOL* 747 - Agreed but I assure you many inventors are awful at business and I was simply telling Shadow that just because patents are filed doesn't mean the inventor made a prototype, or sold it, or is prepared to fight someone else who does... I was just saying that basically we know nothing except that there are a tonne of people (past and present) who have a tonne of ideas about disc shaped aircraft which use very exotic propulsion systems.
Oh, and according to Mr Fortune, you don't have to be a genius or rich to make some of these things  :blink:

#426    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

View PostPaxus, on 23 August 2010 - 05:23 PM, said:

Patents are the day job, so I do know the patent system, who files them and why.  I am making commercial observations, I leave assumptions to others.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#427    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

View PostPaxus, on 23 August 2010 - 02:11 PM, said:

That may well be the case, but that still doesn't mean you can bring up the possibility of UFOs being kites or balloons when fighters are the ones intercepting them!

How do we know that they were not the cause of calls for interception? To the best of my knowledge, we do not. So far a fighter has yet to actually catch a UFO.

Plasma phenomenon (natural) are so rare...

Yes, to the best of our knowledge they are, but who knows, maybe they are not so rare as we think - we might just not be watching at the right time and place.

Hmmm doesn't this imply that we are seeing aliens then?...

No, why would it?

If the plasma phenomenon are so rare, then when UFO are seen somewhere in the world, probably everyday, they can't all be natural weather phenomena. sooooo.....

We don't know how rare they are. But more importantly, we cannot ascribe plasma to all UFO sightings; actually, we cannot ascribe it to a single sighting as then it wouldn't be a UFO anymore. And this is where the kids and kites come into the equation. How many of the reported sightings are misidentifications of otherwise mundane events? Another parameter we do not know, but I expect the fraction to be rather high. Personally, I would suspect plasma to be the culprit in very few sightings, those preciously few that actually have radar tracking associated with them as well as independent visual confirmation. And those are indeed preciously few and far apart.  

No need to look up =- Luke Fortune = ufohowto.com

Thanks Pax :tu:

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#428    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:06 PM

View Postmcmchugh99, on 23 August 2010 - 06:12 AM, said:

And this video mentions a Nazi interest in space travel and disc-shaped aircraft, based on UFO reports and pictures than von Braun and other German scientists were aware of.  Some of those very early UFO pictures from Germany and Austria in the 1920s and 1930s look real, as do some of the German experimental craft.

So? It's not exactly secret knowledge that scientists in the 1930s were looking into such.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#429    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

View PostPaxus, on 23 August 2010 - 02:11 PM, said:

<snip>
No need to look up =- Luke Fortune = ufohowto.com

I looked at said link and I didn't really see anything that wasn't basic physics. Whatever described there are certainly interesting physics experiments, but not much else. Is there something specific you'd like me to comment on?

Cheers,
Badeskov

#430    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

View PostPaxus, on 08 August 2010 - 01:23 PM, said:

My apologies if this incident has been discussed already - I admit I haven't checked.
The reason I'm posting isn't so much to discuss this incident but to ask why there is still any doubt about ET craft flying around here on dear lil' Earth when there is such overwhelming and credible evidence to the contrary?...

It is these sightings that have come to convince me that ET do fly around Earth. I.e. When not just sighted but sighted by ground, by pilots and by radar, all together.

The overwhelming evidence I'm talking about comes from incidents like the 1956 Lakenheath radar & visual sightings.
If you're not familiar with this incident, click here.
Keep in mind, here we have several radar operators from at least 2 sites, several pilots and people on the ground, all who are credible witnesses sighting what could not have been man-made or meteorological phenomenon.

By no means is this a unique case either.

If you are still adamant that UFOs in such instances are NOT ET craft please discuss why....

Pax, again, please do accept my apologies for the late entrance to this subject. So where is the incontrovertible evidence? All I see is various interpretations of certain events. All of which can have a number of interpretations and, frankly, in my point of view few of said interpretations have anything to do with ET. So where is this overwhelming evidence?

Cheers,
Badeskov

#431    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,897 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:01 AM

RADAR IS JUST THAT RADAR Its not Proof its a window into the possibilities!

This is a Work in Progress!

#432    mcmchugh99

mcmchugh99

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:54 AM

Colonel Ross Dedrickson: US Air Force/Atomic Energy Commission, ret.): "After retiring from the Air Force I joined the Boeing company and was responsible for accounting for all of the nuclear fleet of Minuteman missiles. In this incident they actually photographed the UFO following the missile as it climbed into space and, shining a beam on it, neutralized the missile. I also learned of a number of incidents such as a couple of nuclear weapons sent into space were destroyed by the extraterrestrials. Our government sent a nuclear weapon for explosion on the moon's surface...[And] the ETs destroyed the weapon as it went toward the moon. [Apparently] the idea of any explosion in space by any Earth government was not acceptable to the extraterrestrials, and that has been demonstrated over and over."

#433    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

View Postmcmchugh99, on 24 August 2010 - 04:54 AM, said:

Colonel Ross Dedrickson: US Air Force/Atomic Energy Commission, ret.): "After retiring from the Air Force I joined the Boeing company and was responsible for accounting for all of the nuclear fleet of Minuteman missiles. In this incident they actually photographed the UFO following the missile as it climbed into space and, shining a beam on it, neutralized the missile. I also learned of a number of incidents such as a couple of nuclear weapons sent into space were destroyed by the extraterrestrials. Our government sent a nuclear weapon for explosion on the moon's surface...[And] the ETs destroyed the weapon as it went toward the moon. [Apparently] the idea of any explosion in space by any Earth government was not acceptable to the extraterrestrials, and that has been demonstrated over and over."

What do you mean by "neutralized the missile"?  We did not launch any with live nuclear warheads.  That is a silly assertion.

#434    Dancingtiger

Dancingtiger

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

Why would they set of a nuclear warhead on the moon?  Where did they release the weapon from?  I seriously see idiocy when I think there doing crap like that. It doesn't not make a great deal of sense either.  I could see serious problems arise if a nuclear warhead actually detonated on the moon. Especially with all of the  fault lines from the possible shrinking. They need some rules agreed by UN that NO Nuclear weapons in space /end muttering

Jealous of those who will go to Mars :D

#435    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

interesting comments from michio kaku...

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users