Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon

Wickian

There are two stories that I always thought to be made until I did some research myself. The first being the giant human skeletons found all over North America when first being explored by Europeans. From what I've read most were over eight feet tall and buried within mounds. Some were claimed to have sandstones buried with them carved with hieroglyphics. These were all found during a time when religion had heavy influence and all mysteriously disappeared on the trips across the Atlantic.

The other story I've heard has been documented one time in a newspaper in Arizona. I can't remember the date off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure in the late 1800's to early 1900's is when a guy exploring the Grand Canyon found some strange looking ruins. He told his story in the newspaper the next day, but ever since then that area of the Grand Canyon has been blocked by(I know this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I assure I'm not) the government. It was never mentioned again.

I can't say for sure these actually happened, but I personally believe they did. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of these events.

There are two stories that I always thought to be made until I did some research myself. The first being the giant human skeletons found all over North America when first being explored by Europeans. From what I've read most were over eight feet tall and buried within mounds. Some were claimed to have sandstones buried with them carved with hieroglyphics. These were all found during a time when religion had heavy influence and all mysteriously disappeared on the trips across the Atlantic.

The other story I've heard has been documented one time in a newspaper in Arizona. I can't remember the date off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure in the late 1800's to early 1900's is when a guy exploring the Grand Canyon found some strange looking ruins. He told his story in the newspaper the next day, but ever since then that area of the Grand Canyon has been blocked by(I know this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I assure I'm not) the government. It was never mentioned again.

I can't say for sure these actually happened, but I personally believe they did. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of these events.

Yes, I've heard them, but never once in a context that is believable.

--Jaylemurph

Cool. Yes, there is an area in the Grand Canyon. That is completely & totally blocked off from the public. Makes you wonder what is really "there."

Cool. Yes, there is an area in the Grand Canyon. That is completely & totally blocked off from the public. Makes you wonder what is really "there."

I dunno... unstable cliffs? Flash flood basins? Rapids?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

wasnt there a giant skeleton found in the uk that was later debuniked as a fake?

I remeber seeing pictures of it when i was younger

but yeah i dont think giants could live in those areas. It just seems taht it is and would have been too arid to support "large people"

Grand Canyon Arisona. Parts of this canyon are allso not very clear in google earth ? does make you wonder ?

wasnt there a giant skeleton found in the uk that was later debuniked as a fake?

I remeber seeing pictures of it when i was younger

but yeah i dont think giants could live in those areas. It just seems taht it is and would have been too arid to support "large people"

Yeah. But the people who did that. Only wanted to get "rich" or something. :/ I believe that was in the States around the 1800's.

I dunno... unstable cliffs? Flash flood basins? Rapids?

--Jaylemurph

Are there even parts of the canyon. That's not explored?

Grand Canyon Arisona. Parts of this canyon are allso not very clear in google earth ? does make you wonder ?

Awsome. :D

• 2 years later...

I tink they might be thruth in Romania wore founde 80 skeletons over 4 meters high by pesants in 1950 and many other similar cases but nobody wose intresed by them, the sites wore closed like nothing ever happend they are used for agriculture or somenthing now and the skeletons wore confiscated by the goverment. Any old man in Romania knows by the existens of giant skeletons, they wore many cases at that time, nowone wos intresed by them because every time they foud one it wose took by the goverment and never heard about it again, popel are starting to forget and the young don't care, as the rest of the world they belive that are simple stories. The press don't write about this subjet becaus they don't want to get in troubel, onlly few articles can be found today http://www.libertatea.ro/stire/am-dezgropa...950-217782.html

Edited by omega81

Yes, I've heard them, but never once in a context that is believable.

I second that...

Thanks

B???

4 meters tall? thats a 50cms dicky!!! oh, no more jokes. Interesting subject by the way, didnt know about this.

There have been plenty of instances over time where giant skulls, skeletons and giant artifacts have been found all around the world. Of course you don't hear about it at college, universtity or from the mainstream news, as it's covered up so well, it's as if it never existed or it will be called a hoax and some bull story will be cooked up and the people will believe it.

There have been fakes yes, but there have been confirmed real finds as well.

It must be a hoax...it has to be a hoax, because if these are real, indeed, which some finds have been confirmed to be exactly that. It throughs what we think we know and what they teach us about the human race and Earth's history into absolute turmoil.

This skull belonged to someone at least 12ft tall....... http://www.crystalinks.com/incahead1.jpg

Skeptics say it's just a disformed skull, though there have been plenty of skulls found like this worldwide. Also the capacity of this skull is bigger than that of a human.

This is a giant bone found in Turkey..... http://members.toast.net/rjspina/Giants%20...ntHumanLeg2.jpg

Giant axes found in Sumer..... http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/imagenes...tchers10_09.jpg

Skull of an unknown race found in Pennsylvania....... http://www.burlingtonnews.net/humanskullhorned.jpg

When it was sent off for testing, it suddenly went missing, how convenient that was, eh.

But as these blow Darwninism out of the water and pretty much most accepted history, they are filtered out and either called or hoax or they will smear anyone who dares to speak out.

Edited by Hocus
  • Like 1

I looked at the crystalinks site where you got that skull picture from.

Well, here it is again, but with a bit extra (from the same site):

conehead1.gif

And then you will see it's not the skull of some 'giant', but of a normal human being who's head has been artificilally reshaped.

There have been plenty of instances over time where giant skulls, skeletons and giant artifacts have been found all around the world. Of course you don't hear about it at college, universtity or from the mainstream news, as it's covered up so well, it's as if it never existed or it will be called a hoax and some bull story will be cooked up and the people will believe it.

Oh, please.

Clearly you've never even been around a university history department, or you wouldn't try to suggest some sort of massive cover-up. The idea of a bunch of /any/ college professors, let alone historians, agreeing to any one thing exists only in CT mythology. Again, I just don't think absolute ignorance is the best place to criticize from. Or to theorize from, frankly.

--Jaylemurph

I looked at the crystalinks site where you got that skull picture from.

Well, here it is again, but with a bit extra (from the same site):

conehead1.gif

And then you will see it's not the skull of some 'giant', but of a normal human being who's head has been artificilally reshaped.

Just because the photograph i used was from Crystalinks, does that mean i have to agree with the theories given by them? That's all they are... theories.

Not to mention the capacity of the skull and many others like it have a BIGGER capacity than a human skull, you can bash and mishape your head as much as you wish, but you can't change the capacity. That's a fact. And the capacity of these such skulls were over twice that for a human skull. That's also a fact. So either this skull goes against an obvious scientific fact or...... it didn't belong to a human being.

They were creating 'aliens' in Africa, around 1930:

Mangbetu.jpg

That little guy must now have grown to about 12 feet or something... heh.

http://www.iamcultured.com/spip.php?article188

I didn't say people didn't mishape their skulls, i'm well aware it goes on today and has done for thousands of years. But hey, who's head looks like that? Where did they get the idea of a head looking like that from? Certainly not humans. because humans heads didn't originally look like that an never have done naturally. So there must have been some original source who's head looked like that, on which they based there own mishapen skulls on. Hey, i wonder who that could of been, you don't suppose it could have been.....

Oh, please.

Clearly you've never even been around a university history department, or you wouldn't try to suggest some sort of massive cover-up. The idea of a bunch of /any/ college professors, let alone historians, agreeing to any one thing exists only in CT mythology. Again, I just don't think absolute ignorance is the best place to criticize from. Or to theorize from, frankly.

--Jaylemurph

Are you actually serious?

I'm sure college professors don't scheme about what to tell us behind close doors, that's already been decided. Most of the time they will be none the wiser that what they are teaching is heavily edited or a total fabrication. I never said they were the ones who scheme. As for this scientifc cover-up, i'm not saying all scientists and ayone in the field is part of it, in fact many are oblivious to it, but there are those who are part of it, some don't report anomalous objects and artifacts and keep them to themselves, because they know full well if they do it will be the last artifact they document, as they'll know longer be in a job. This is a fact, has happen multiple times. Read the book "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo. There are case documented in that book.

Though there is a blatant scientific filter that exists and still goes on to this very day, if an object doesn't fit right in with the so called accpeted hypothesis of history, it's violently rejected. This is also a fact.

Don't see the argument here Jayle, to be honest.

Can you show me some proof that those examples i posted up are a hoax? Shouldn't be hard, if there such a well known hoax, like is claimed.

Just because the photograph i used was from Crystalinks, does that mean i have to agree with the theories given by them? That's all they are... theories.

Not to mention the capacity of the skull and many others like it have a BIGGER capacity than a human skull, you can bash and mishape your head as much as you wish, but you can't change the capacity. That's a fact. And the capacity of these such skulls were over twice that for a human skull. That's also a fact. So either this skull goes against an obvious scientific fact or...... it didn't belong to a human being.

You talk about cranial capacity. But what is inside that enlarged skull? Just really big brains?

What if it is nothing but an (artificially) deformed skull, with brains and enlarged cerebral ventricles inside (meaning: extra brain fluid, like those suffering from hydrocephalus) caused by binding the head after birth?

Did anyone ever check the inside wall of those skulls?

I didn't say people didn't mishape their skulls, i'm well aware it goes on today and has done for thousands of years. But hey, who's head looks like that? Where did they get the idea of a head looking like that from? Certainly not humans. because humans heads didn't originally look like that an never have done naturally. So there must have been some original source who's head looked like that, on which they based there own mishapen skulls on. Hey, i wonder who that could of been, you don't suppose it could have been.....

Well, if you had clicked on that link in my former post you'd know why the Africans did it: because it was a sign of beauty and intelligence to have heads deformed like this.

Oh, and where did people get the idea to decorate their bodies with tattoos? From weird colored aliens perhaps??

Edited by Abramelin

This skull belonged to someone at least 12ft tall....... http://www.crystalinks.com/incahead1.jpg

Skeptics say it's just a disformed skull, though there have been plenty of skulls found like this worldwide. Also the capacity of this skull is bigger than that of a human.

Visiting the site you took that from, no where do i find reference to the size of this person being twelve feet. is that a personal extrapolation?

Here's a photograph of a person suffering from carpenter's Syndrome:

gr7a-midi.jpg

There are other disorders that cause cone shaped or other, oddly shaped heads. Adding in to that common practices like head binding, and it's not outside of the range for human deformities.

This is a giant bone found in Turkey..... http://members.toast.net/rjspina/Giants%20...ntHumanLeg2.jpg

That's not a thigh bone, that's a mock up of a thighbone that's supposedly human.

Skull of an unknown race found in Pennsylvania....... http://www.burlingtonnews.net/humanskullhorned.jpg

When it was sent off for testing, it suddenly went missing, how convenient that was, eh.

Yes, remarkably convenient. Also interesting to point out that researching the skull, while your link mentions the 1880's, it seems this image arose in 1916.

This is a scan of a newspaper printing a retraction on the story.

And, since no photographs were made of the non-horned indians, this leaves the skull as an enigma, with no actual source or story associated with it.

Actually, even if they were true, it hardly blows Darwinism, or Evolution out of the water, as you say.

Are you actually serious?

Yes. Quite.

I'm sure college professors don't scheme about what to tell us behind close doors, that's already been decided.

I can tell you with authority they don't. I can also tell you most instructors take it as point of honour not to let others dictate their syllabi or research, especially they older they get. I've certainly never got sealed orders from above telling me what I can and cannot teach.

Most of the time they will be none the wiser that what they are teaching is heavily edited or a total fabrication.

So the people who lead the field -- who do the first-hand research, write it up, get it published -- don't really know what they're doing? Again, your total ignorance of what you're talking is manifest. History isn't some manner of repeating what other people tell you; it's a hands-on living field. What you're suggesting is almost literally impossible.

I never said they were the ones who scheme.

And a good thing, too, as it's clearly ridiculous.

As for this scientifc cover-up, i'm not saying all scientists and ayone in the field is part of it, in fact many are oblivious to it, but there are those who are part of it, some don't report anomalous objects and artifacts and keep them to themselves, because they know full well if they do it will be the last artifact they document, as they'll know longer be in a job. This is a fact, has happen multiple times. Read the book "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo. There are case documented in that book.

Though there is a blatant scientific filter that exists and still goes on to this very day, if an object doesn't fit right in with the so called accpeted hypothesis of history, it's violently rejected. This is also a fact.

Get ready for this: Cremo is a liar. It's that simple. It's in his interest to, so you'll go out and buy his books. So he can make royalties. Frankly, if your ideas about scientific cover-ups are as laughably ignorant as attempts at historical ones, it's not worth the effort to pick apart.

--Jaylemurph

Get ready for this: Cremo is a liar. It's that simple. It's in his interest to, so you'll go out and buy his books. So he can make royalties. Frankly, if your ideas about scientific cover-ups are as laughably ignorant as attempts at historical ones, it's not worth the effort to pick apart.

--Jaylemurph

Agreed, Cremo's science is so bad that he'd fail at GCSE level.

I must admit, I never read Cremo´s book `Forbidden Archeology`, but after I saw him on YouTube, I don´t think I ever will....

You talk about cranial capacity. But what is inside that enlarged skull? Just really big brains?

What if it is nothing but an (artificially) deformed skull, with brains and enlarged cerebral ventricles inside (meaning: extra brain fluid, like those suffering from hydrocephalus) caused by binding the head after birth?

Did anyone ever check the inside wall of those skulls?

No, not really big brains, just the natural space for really big brains. Bigger than human brains, in fact twice the capacity of a human skull.

If it was only a deformed skull with some abnormalities then why do we not hear about in text books or in any lessons and lectures? Why when you mention it to the so called experts, do they call it a hoax or tell you, you must be mistaken? Why do they refuse to examined them properly? Might it be that they're afraid of what the results might spell?

Never fear though....just turn on the filter. :innocent:

As far as i'm aware, there have been attempts to get them tested, but proper testing has been refused many times? WHY? Apparently the skulls are so clearly a hoax, there not worth testing. Ha, yeah right... if they were so sure it was a hoax they would have them tested long ago to make us look like fools and mainly to clear up the whole mystery, but instead they refuse to. Hmmmmm, i smell a certain filter.

Well, if you had clicked on that link in my former post you'd know why the Africans did it: because it was a sign of beauty and intelligence to have heads deformed like this.

Oh, and where did people get the idea to decorate their bodies with tattoos? From weird colored aliens perhaps??

Speaking for why the Africans did it, i'm not sure, but that explanation sounds feasible. Though the Egyptians did it because that's what the Sun God's looked like, and these Sun God's were intelligent and wise. And so the egyptians wanted to be like these Sun gods and hence bashed their skull into the shapes seen on certain skeletons and in certain wall carvings. Though my theory is that there's a common link somewhere, that goes way back in time, between all the skull mishaping from different cultures and religons

Who were these Sun God's? They certainly weren't human... that's for sure.

And i doubt they were making it up... it's totally absurd saying they just made it up, that that's the filter at work again, just because modern science is at a loss to explain it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Edited by Hocus

I must confess *hangs head, blushes profusely* to having read Cremo's book. This act was committed some years ago in order to address questions generated by another reader of the book. Trust me, it is pure, unadulterated drivel. I spent a number of days jotting down refutation notes on each chapter. Could have written another book!

Cremo's work is not regarded as credible by any reputable researcher I am aware of.

As usual in these cases, the four websites presented have the combined credibility of one drunken gnat.

The attribution of the axes is a chuckle. Are they supposed to be bronze? The last vestiges of ancient Sumer had faded nearly 1,000 years before the introduction of bronze in that region. And of course the Olmec stone heads and the statues of Rameses II were produced on a 1:1 scale too.