Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

$10 Million Bigfoot Bounty

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,416 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 October 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Agree! Or one crazy drunk driver to take the joy out of driving. Alcohol and some things just do not mix.

I guess you should say "drunk yuppie" or "drunk city slicker" when comparing to the "drunk redneck" comment.

I'm not from the south and I don't hunt, but I still think it is insulting to refer to hunters as drunk rednecks.

#32    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 30 October 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

:(

Does that in any way lead you to speculation on if people don't report Bigfoot sightings, or maybe that humans simply usually don't pay good attention?

I think people say " look at that idiot "....

I did it about 3 times where I know people saw. Had my brother in law at the pull out with his dogs. ( people walk dogs in the meadow, tourists stop there for scenery ). He was not close enough to them to hear anythiing, but said it would have been hard for them to miss me.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#33    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostMyles, on 31 October 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I guess you should say "drunk yuppie" or "drunk city slicker" when comparing to the "drunk redneck" comment.

I'm not from the south and I don't hunt, but I still think it is insulting to refer to hunters as drunk rednecks.

No! This was a drunken redneck, with a very low tooth to tattoo ratio, out on a deer stand and dead effen drunk at 10:00 AM. Shot at me and my buddy who were changing positions, wearing blaze orange. The SOB had already drunk a twelve pack and was working on number fourteen judging from the empty beer cans I counted. Needless to say there was an exchange of gun fire, then an exchange of words.......after which a number of felonies occurred.

Calling a drunk redneck a drunk redneck is completely appropriate and sometime, you just have to commit a felony.....or two. That is not to say all hunters are drunken rednecks, but unfortunately some of them are, and if that were to only time I'd had a problem during hunting season I'd still be hunting, I found it much easier to give up hunting deer rather than turn into a serial murderer.

#34    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostMyles, on 31 October 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I agree. I hear it all the time, as if all hunters are crazy foolish trigger happy derelicts. I come from (after marrying)  "redneck" country and hunting country and we even call a few of our brethren "rednecks". I just hate hearing how all southerners or all hunters are an uneducated irresponsible gun crazy lot.

People have this vision of every time a hunter goes hunting he's all about guns blazing and dodging bullets. He and his buddies Band of Brother it into the woods then Hamburger Hill it up into their deer stands. After an exhausting battle they leave in Saving Private Ryan mode retrieving their wounded and dead brethren. And are such fools, they do it all again the next day, maybe with a couple 13-yr-olds in tow Gettysburg style.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 31 October 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#35    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, unfortunately there are some fools out there I just wonder if they'll be more fools, new ones, out there with the 10 mil bounty. Hunting-ignorant ones who wouldn't give guns or hunting the time of day, before.

#36    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,298 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

The real fools will be those who go out hunting bigfoot for the $10 million. Clearly, the $10 million is ONLY for this Show's Contestants. It would be like trying to win American Idol by getting into the Studio Audience and rushing the stage while singing at the top of your voice. All that is going to happen is Security is called.

Edited by DieChecker, 01 November 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#37    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 November 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

The real fools will be those who go out hunting bigfoot for the $10 million. Clearly, the $10 million is ONLY for this Show's Contestants. It would be like trying to win American Idol by getting into the Studio Audience and rushing the stage while singing at the top of your voice. All that is going to happen is Security is called.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be non-contestants who will think that's what a bf body is worth.

#38    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Would anyone believe I found  Bigfoot in Hawaii?

What if he/she was hiding behind some coconut trees?  Or maybe slowly walking away from me on the beach looking back at me while I film it on a grainy 8 mm?

I could use $10,000,000.00.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#39    Pinguin

Pinguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I think people aren't going to find anything. But I would like to go with a couple of my friends and look for big foot. lol

#40    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,545 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostSakari, on 26 October 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Let the excuses begin.....

( I.E.  The Randi Challenge )

Good find by the way !  :tu:

The curse of Phil Klass comes to mind as well...........

View PostLava_Lady, on 14 November 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

Would anyone believe I found  Bigfoot in Hawaii?

What if he/she was hiding behind some coconut trees?  Or maybe slowly walking away from me on the beach looking back at me while I film it on a grainy 8 mm?

I could use $10,000,000.00.

50% and I am a supporting eyewitness.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#41    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,629 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 15 November 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

Hell, 25% up front and I'll throw myself in front of a car and say Bigfoot beat me down! Beat that!  :lol:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#42    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,545 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 15 November 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

Hell, 25% up front and I'll throw myself in front of a car and say Bigfoot beat me down! Beat that!  :lol:

Damn!

I am not dropping to 25% after the deed.

<_< Cutting my grass again huh! You keep away from Emma Acid ya hear, I saw her first! :lol:

Edited by psyche101, 15 November 2012 - 07:25 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#43    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

How about 25% and as many coconuts as you want?

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#44    leupgaru

leupgaru

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

• werewolf incognito

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

make it 50 mil. and i will show you the real bigfoot. but, you can't touch them, you will not going to get DNA and specially you can't have them. you will smell their bile odor, you will see their finite appearance, they will show you the atmost thing that all want to see, their strength and power ! deal ?! 10 mil. is a loose change !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users