Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Women allowed to speak .... sort of ....

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#46    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Auh come on people! We all know that any Religion in this world of ours puts women second in place.

They just aren't important enough to voice opinions that the world needs to hear, unless it has to do with home-making or babies.

Women, don't have the killing instinct that men do, the necessary umph for making rules and making others adhere to them.

When women get silly ideas, we burn them as witches or rape them as whores, we certainly doen't listen to them!!!
Silly, fillies!!!

Posted Image

#47    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostMistydawn, on 09 December 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Auh come on people! We all know that any Religion in this world of ours puts women second in place.

They just aren't important enough to voice opinions that the world needs to hear, unless it has to do with home-making or babies.

Women, don't have the killing instinct that men do, the necessary umph for making rules and making others adhere to them.

When women get silly ideas, we burn them as witches or rape them as whores, we certainly doen't listen to them!!!
Silly, fillies!!!

Not just Religion, but cultures in general. Let's just say we're lucky to be in an age where most of that's gone by the wayside... Most of it anyway...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#48    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 09 December 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Not just Religion, but cultures in general. Let's just say we're lucky to be in an age where most of that's gone by the wayside... Most of it anyway...

Yeh, men like the fact we are dreamers....

Posted Image

#49    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

...I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but whatever...

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#50    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 09 December 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

I just can't understand how these people can call themselves Christians. Jesus Christ himself never said or did anything remotely close to this descrimination, where as Paul and many other "Christians" do, and yet claim they follow Christ's teachings.

So keep the four gospels and throw out everything else in the New Testament? That would simply things!

#51    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

View Postscowl, on 06 December 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Paul made it perfectly clear in 1 Corinthians that women must keep their stupid mouths shut in church. If they're all confused and need help understanding anything they should ask their husbands instead of embarrassing themselves in public. The article sounds like this Christian Union is following exactly what Paul ordered.

Christianity is not that different from Islam if you actually follow it.

Women. Just fly-by-night dreamers, not the force used by the knowledgeable God who makes the bow for men  to brace, who must be brave and outstanding in the midst of humanity.
Women, they are the dreamers the cushions to pillow the blow of God.

Posted Image

#52    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

View Postscowl, on 09 December 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

So keep the four gospels and throw out everything else in the New Testament? That would simply things!

That's what I go by. If Christ really is the son of God and the only perfect being, then why do we follow the teachings of all these other people in the bible? They're all admittedly imperfect and flawed. Christ himself said that only through him can you truly be saved, yet people cling to the teachings of other followers and accept them as absolute fact.

I don't mean to insult those who believe the bible is the inerrant word of God, but that's just how I see things at least.

Posted Image

#53    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 09 December 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

That's what I go by. If Christ really is the son of God and the only perfect being, then why do we follow the teachings of all these other people in the bible? They're all admittedly imperfect and flawed. Christ himself said that only through him can you truly be saved, yet people cling to the teachings of other followers and accept them as absolute fact.

I don't mean to insult those who believe the bible is the inerrant word of God, but that's just how I see things at least.

They cling to them because they are supposed to be the words of God, the whole complete Bible, not just the words (written by men) of Christ, but the rest of the scriptures too.

Posted Image

#54    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 09 December 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

A self regulating organisation has the right to make its own rules, unless those rules flout national laws. Even then religions are often specifically exempted in australai from some laws because we recognise the validity of all beliefs as a part of  various cultural heritages. The govt (and populace) see it as bad form, and poor policy, to intrude on the practice of beliefs/non beliefs, by any person, without good reason.

They have that right, I wouldn't disagree with you. But others have the right to call them on it, berate them and encourage a more inclusive policy.

Although, I think that institutionalised misogyny should be seen as good enough reason to intrude on others' beliefs.

#55    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Oh golly, how great for the women. And if they're really lucky, they may yet get to host the meetings.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#56    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Huh? My father and step mother are ministers of Christian churches each has their own church. I guess they are not the same kind of Christians. Paul was just jealous if of Mary perhaps the gay thing fits.

#57    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

jealousy becasuse females like their almighty, that the christian religion DOES shove down your throat, can create life. Us as men seem to be able to only piss life away like it's nothing. :P

hahaha

when will people learn it's all the same subject. the "scholars" of the world making their big "look at me look at me" presentations of life/god hoping that they will be the lucky entrant that gets the gold star bleh.

compassion for the fellow person, mutural respect, willingness < The only 3 things that should matter to any god that is experimenting with their creations. Everything is just a sub-category of the 3 when it comes to commandments, they just took the biggest problems of their age and wrote a rule book with some fancy history with the label "hell or us" which these days translates to "DO IT OR I'LL SMACK YOU", mean while there are people arguing still if egypt/maya/summerian/assyrian/ect. were super intelligent. like i wrote in a post earlier i'm pretty sure religion wiped out those civs for a reason could it be they asked why their god was all knowing compared to theres. such an embarrasment has caused worse problems in the world so in that what is left to doubt.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#58    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,717 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 09 December 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

They have that right, I wouldn't disagree with you. But others have the right to call them on it, berate them and encourage a more inclusive policy.

Although, I think that institutionalised misogyny should be seen as good enough reason to intrude on others' beliefs.

It is really a clash of opposing beliefs and values. There is nothing to prove that one set of values is superior to another or more intrinsically right.  A lot depends on cultural context ie when women never got an education and couldnt read and write it was not possible for them to have equal rights and responssibilities to men who could.  Today we have a "modern" perspective which we assume is superior and fixed so as to remain superior, but it will evolve. In 50-100 years our current mores, values and attitudes will seem as old fashioned as  we think of those from 50-100 years in our past.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#59    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 10 December 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

It is really a clash of opposing beliefs and values. There is nothing to prove that one set of values is superior to another or more intrinsically right.  A lot depends on cultural context ie when women never got an education and couldnt read and write it was not possible for them to have equal rights and responssibilities to men who could.  Today we have a "modern" perspective which we assume is superior and fixed so as to remain superior, but it will evolve. In 50-100 years our current mores, values and attitudes will seem as old fashioned as  we think of those from 50-100 years in our past.

But we're living now. Not a hundred years ago. Women do have access to education. And if there's "nothing to prove that one set of values is superior to another or more intrinsically right", then I would suggest that equality should be the default position until some evidence to the contrary presents itself.

#60    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,717 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostArbenol68, on 10 December 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

But we're living now. Not a hundred years ago. Women do have access to education. And if there's "nothing to prove that one set of values is superior to another or more intrinsically right", then I would suggest that equality should be the default position until some evidence to the contrary presents itself.

Why?

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users