Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Atlantis was in West Africa

diodorus amazons lybia atlantis west africa

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,956 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postthe L, on 15 November 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

I copy paste crucial texts so you can asure yourself about it. If that what you ment.
Hum, no not really. You could copy and paste the new testament....it still will not assure me.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hum, no not really. You could copy and paste the new testament....it still will not assure me.

Well guess what freetoroam. We here are tiping letters. Then dont trust anything you read here because this all just letters.
Go out and do experiments rather. :tu:

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 November 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

alledgedly!

Is Troy real?
Is Tartessos real?
Did Phoenicans invented alphabet?
Did Amazons existed?

alledgedly-you didnt read thread and you dont nothing about history itself.

Tell me do you believe that Haphaestus lived? I do because every well educated historian does.
And guess what he was from Olympus.

Did Tacitus,Strabo,Diodorus,Plutarch wrote truth?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,956 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

View Postthe L, on 15 November 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Tell me do you believe that Haphaestus lived? I do because every well educated historian does.
And guess what he was from Olympus.

WHAT????
you are refering to Greek myths!!!
Every well read historian does NOT believe they existed, they are just aware of the story.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

WHAT????
you are refering to Greek myths!!!
Every well read historian does NOT believe they existed, they are just aware of the story.

Yup Im refering to Greek myths.
But its to soon to get offtopic.

BTW: Thats why you have good and bad historians.

Edited by the L, 15 November 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#21    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Lets try focus on Heracles pillars in Lybia. Amazons in Lybia which conquer Atlantis as Diodorus desrcribe it.
I very well explain why Im sure that was in West Africa and not on island in front of Africa.

Edit: ofcourse I also done some speculation and ask some questions. If I didnt have it I wouldnt post it anyway. On some things I have dilema but core is there.

Edited by the L, 15 November 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#22    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,956 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Greek philosopher Plato wrote about Atlantis some 2,600 years ago, describing it as "an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Hercules," as the Straits of Gibraltar were known in antiquity.
Looking at the map, its not West Africa!

#23    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Greek philosopher Plato wrote about Atlantis some 2,600 years ago, describing it as "an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Hercules," as the Straits of Gibraltar were known in antiquity.
Looking at the map, its not West Africa!

But did you notice that Diodorus say that Heracles set up his Pillars in Lybia when he was on his 9 task-because Amazons were in Lybia.

#24    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Amazons when gather army in Lybia frist attack guess who? Atalntis. Then Gorgons who were in West Africa. Now why would they attack island in front of Africa then west Africa if they were on war campaign? logic tells me that they would first crush neighbours. Then they sent diplomacy to Egypt which was ruled by Horus. Then attack Arabia,Syria, Anatolia....So we have other fullfilled criteria. They are larger then Lybia and (minor) Asia combined. ..We have pillars. We have legends from area. Atlas mountain,Poseidon....All point in one direction. ...Where were Atlanteans in New Amazonia empire? Now.....Now Im repeating myself and I just did thread.

Read a thread or better read Diodorus.

Edited by the L, 15 November 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,956 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

You are refering to a Sicilian writing about Greek mythology.
Am I reading this wrong? do you actually believe the Greek myths are real?
Hercacles was the son of Zeus, shall we drag him into this too?

F...Me! wheres Santa Claus when you need him?

Edited by freetoroam, 15 November 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#26    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 November 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

You are refering to a Sicilian writing about Greek mythology.
Am I reading this wrong? do you actually believe the Greek myths are real?
Hercacles was the son of Zeus, shall we drag him into this too?
F...Me! wheres Santa Claus when you need him?

No Im refering to Greek Historian from Sicily about History he wrote.
You drag Heracles too in your last post.
Sicilian... :no:

Thats why I hate like button. So people like g00dfella can hold ones side without arguments. Even they dont know anything about it.

Edited by the L, 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#27    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I don't have the time right now to go over everything you posted L, but after a cursory glance here are a couple of points.

Plato's account can be refuted as a historical account for a number of reasons, not least of which is that no where in the Egyptian works do they reference Atlantis.  Any authors publishing their works about Atlantis after Plato would have used Plato's works as a basis and therefore would also be refuted for the same reasons Plato is.

In Herodotus, "The Histories", it seems clear to me that Herodotus puts the pillars of Heracles where we expect to find them at the straits of Gibraltar.  Further, Herodotus does not describe a tribe of Atlanteans but a tribe known as Atrantians, who got their name from a salt hill called Atlantes (Pillar of Heaven)

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#28    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

I don't have the time right now to go over everything you posted L, but after a cursory glance here are a couple of points.

Plato's account can be refuted as a historical account for a number of reasons, not least of which is that no where in the Egyptian works do they reference Atlantis.  Any authors publishing their works about Atlantis after Plato would have used Plato's works as a basis and therefore would also be refuted for the same reasons Plato is.

In Herodotus, "The Histories", it seems clear to me that Herodotus puts the pillars of Heracles where we expect to find them at the straits of Gibraltar.  Further, Herodotus does not describe a tribe of Atlanteans but a tribe known as Atrantians, who got their name from a salt hill called Atlantes (Pillar of Heaven)

You should read. Herodotus written : Atlantis sea.
Maybe they called them differently. Maybe record is lost. Because we didnt find anything in Hittites about Indus valley civilization that doesnt mean that last one didnt exist.
Diodorus published after Plato but you see he didnt use Plato as basis. Diodorus is historian. He spoke about Thracians,Scythians,Greeks,Amazons and Atlanteans.
I must say that he stated that his copy earlist works but which ones? Plato didnt describe Amazon-Atlantis war. Plato didnt said that Pillars are in Lybia.

#29    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Diodorus: The Atlantides were also called ‘nymphai’ because the natives of that land addressed their women by the common appellation of ‘nymphe.’
So were those Nymphai Amazons? In Greek mythology, the Hesperides are nymphs.And so on...

Edited by the L, 15 November 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#30    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Many written Histories were lost. Now what we know about Mongols without "Secret history"? defenetly nothing about Temujin.
We would know as we know on some lost people. Were Guttians imaginary people?
Now imagine three volumes of history of the world written by Babylonian priest Berrosus. That is lost.
First book was from creation of the world till great flood. All one book. Think about it. How many pages did Bible have till flood?
We talk about book here.

Edited by the L, 15 November 2012 - 10:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users