Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House Keeps Up War on Fox News

AROCES

Monday, 18 Jan 2010 08:27 PM

By: David A. Patten

The White House communications director is lobbing new firebombs at Fox News, saying it is not "a traditional news organization" and won't be treated as equal to other news networks.

The remarks by Dan Pfeiffer, who recently replaced Anita Dunn as the White House communications director, indicate that the administration has no plans to back off its strident anti-Fox News rhetoric.

Pfeiffer told The New York Times: "They have a point of view; that point of view pervades the entire network."

He added that the Obama administration has no intention of treating Fox News equally.

"We don't feel the obligation to treat them like we would treat a CNN, or an ABC, or an NBC, or a traditional news organization, but there are times when we believe it makes sense to communicate with them," Pfeiffer told the Times.

Pfeiffer confirmed that the confrontational approach favored by Dunn, who labeled Fox News a "wing of the Republican Party," will continue.

In response, a Fox News spokesperson told The Hill.com: "Obviously new to his position, Dan seems to be intent upon repeating the mistakes of his predecessor … and we all remember how well that turned out."

http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/obama-fox-ailes-hannity/2010/01/18/id/346719

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ignus Fatuus

• SilverCougar

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

• preacherman76

Top Posters In This Topic

As well they should. They have created a huge sinkhole in journalism. No self respecting journalist would go near them. . .The other news outlets are following along with their methods, now that they see what makes money. . .so I'm sure the other ones are quickly falling into that sinkhole as well.

Rupert Murdoch has found the perfect way to push his agenda, and he's been doing it well. Talk to anyone who used to work for Fox News and you'll get the exact same story time after time. News channels have become a joke within the journalist community, with Fox News at the head.

No one man should have so much power to control what we see and hear in the news. You are never seeing anything fair or balanced, because everything comes through a filter of what HE approves. And Murdoch, being who he is, will only approve things that put the republicans in a good light and democrats in a bad one, even if it takes some twisting of facts and fear factors to do it. Other news channels may not be quite as bad, but they are not, by any means, innocent.

Edited by theGhost_and_theDarkness

Its all smoke and mirrors anyway. Don't trust anything that is shown on any of the networks. At the end of the day you see what the government wants you to see. If something's shown that isn't "approved" you can bet, heads will roll in the media with orders coming down from the top.

Edited by SpiderCyde

As well they should. They have created a huge sinkhole in journalism. No self respecting journalist would go near them. . .The other news outlets are following along with their methods, now that they see what makes money. . .so I'm sure the other ones are quickly falling into that sinkhole as well.

Rupert Murdoch has found the perfect way to push his agenda, and he's been doing it well. Talk to anyone who used to work for Fox News and you'll get the exact same story time after time. News channels have become a joke within the journalist community, with Fox News at the head.

No one man should have so much power to control what we see and hear in the news. You are never seeing anything fair or balanced, because everything comes through a filter of what HE approves. And Murdoch, being who he is, will only approve things that put the republicans in a good light and democrats in a bad one, even if it takes some twisting of facts and fear factors to do it. Other news channels may not be quite as bad, but they are not, by any means, innocent.

They are #1 now, others see what viewers want, opposing point of view. And you are in denial.

Tell me, what is so wrong about both sides given a chance to speak and make their case?

Everytime Fox News Corporation comes up for discussion I will refer to this>>

Fox News in its pride and glory!!

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism VIDEO LINK

IMDB link

War on journalism?

Fox against everyone? And tell us any one person you know who is FORCED to watch Fox news and have no other option?

Edited by AROCES

A chill wind is blowing in this nation. A message is being sent through the White House and its allies in the liberal establishment. If you oppose this administration, there can and will be ramifications. This is a clear example of the left-wing fascism that attacks all those who don’t march lockstep to their agenda.

The far left is determined to control everything and everyone. Some of the problems are left wing blogs which state anything as fact when it is actually their opinion or worse just a plain ole' lie. Besides this it is just human "primative" nature to go after those who are on top ... if they do not agree with them.

There are those on Fox News who have an opinion show, yet they at least admit it is their opinion and not fact. They do give both sides the majority of the time even though at times the opposing view is bashed. Here is the deal, plain and simple. Fox is hurting the agenda of the far left ... I say far left as I am a democrat and proud of it. They "far left" are not giving many of the views of a typical democrat. They are too hell bent on destroying the "enemy" and taking over again ... "everything and everyone." This is what happens when your viewpoint does not seem to get anywhere. When it does, people become irrational and will do anything to keep their veiwpoints at the top and in control.

An example is the propaganda which has been spewed recently saying that Fox News has not covered Haiti enough or that everyone on Fox News are trying to stop donations and charity being sent to Haiti. They have simply stated the truth. Much money "BILLIONS" of dollars has been given to Haiti over the past couple of decades from America, the UN and other countries and yet they remain a third world country. Common sense will tell you "if you have any" that something is wrong with that scenario. They simply have asked for assurance that all charity given will go to the people and not the demons who have kept the country from prospering.

Fox News gains veiwership on a daily basis and the other news channels are losing their viewers. Why??? You tell me. I know what many of you will say ... they are "brainwashing" america. Really??? They are trying to destroy america. Really, really??? When some of you who want the end of Fox News give a rational reason to why they should be taken down, then maybe then Fox News will lose some of their viewers.

Until then ... their ratings will grow, the other news channels ratings will decline and the hate that many of you have will grow until it is a full rage. I fear for many of the people at Fox News. When the far left finally figure out that they cannot take down the giant with words ... you will resent to other means. I hope they have very, very, very good security ... they will need it!!!

They are #1 now, others see what viewers want, opposing point of view. And you are in denial.

Tell me, what is so wrong about both sides given a chance to speak and make their case?

Wha?? Did you not even read my post?

I believe I clearly said ALL news organizations are falling into this deep pit of anti-journalism. They've stopped giving facts and have started pushing agendas. When that happens, how do you know what you are watching is factual? So many people depend on the tv news to get their information. . .so if they are misinformed, how do they know?

You should be outraged about it. Its a few wealthy people up at the top pushing their agendas through our news outlets and controlling what we see and don't see. That's beyond party lines, as it is happening on BOTH sides of the fence and it is, in simple terms, destroying our (the general public's) ability to get factual information.

And, on another note, I watch fox news. So does just about everyone I know. Its not because we agree. . .its just fun to watch O'Reilly get within a hairs breadth of having an aneurysm when someone disagrees with him. If that's not good, old fashioned family fun, I don't know what is!

The far left is determined to control everything and everyone. Some of the problems are left wing blogs which state anything as fact when it is actually their opinion or worse just a plain ole' lie. Besides this it is just human "primative" nature to go after those who are on top ... if they do not agree with them.

Such as what Fox News does?

There are those on Fox News who have an opinion show, yet they at least admit it is their opinion and not fact. They do give both sides the majority of the time even though at times the opposing view is bashed. Here is the deal, plain and simple. Fox is hurting the agenda of the far left ... I say far left as I am a democrat and proud of it. They "far left" are not giving many of the views of a typical democrat. They are too hell bent on destroying the "enemy" and taking over again ... "everything and everyone." This is what happens when your viewpoint does not seem to get anywhere. When it does, people become irrational and will do anything to keep their veiwpoints at the top and in control.

Fox news is hurting the American public. They spread disinformation which is swallowed like kool aid by far too many people. They have an agenda, and they push it. They've pretty much admitted that, and they will resort to twisting facts and outright lying to achieve their goals. But hey, as long as you believe its the truth, it must be. . .right? I'm not "far left" by any means. I'm a person that wants the news to be what its supposed to be. Journalists doing their work and objectively (big emphasis on that) reporting the FACTS to the general public. Not some tv personalities being spoon fed their lines by a self-serving jerk.

*snip that part because I don't have enough information to comment on it*

Fox News gains veiwership on a daily basis and the other news channels are losing their viewers. Why??? You tell me. I know what many of you will say ... they are "brainwashing" america. Really??? They are trying to destroy america. Really, really??? When some of you who want the end of Fox News give a rational reason to why they should be taken down, then maybe then Fox News will lose some of their viewers.

A rational reason such as. . .they twist facts and Murdoch controls what will and will not be seen on his stations and papers? And that people take the opinions of Murdoch as fact? There is a line between propaganda and news, yet no one seems to be able to draw it any more. And, in case you don't know. . .many people watch fox news because its just downright hilarious.

Until then ... their ratings will grow, the other news channels ratings will decline and the hate that many of you have will grow until it is a full rage. I fear for many of the people at Fox News. When the far left finally figure out that they cannot take down the giant with words ... you will resent to other means. I hope they have very, very, very good security ... they will need it!!!

Somehow, I highly doubt it. The only thing the people at Fox News need to fear is growing individual opinions. Because the second they do, they'll be fired for not being good little "reporters" and saying what Big Daddy told them to.

As a firefighter, when I am called to a wreck on the freeway that has cars backed up for miles; you can bet I have everyones full attention(great ratings) as I pull injured people from the wreckage.

Is it because I offer the most redeeming material? No. Is it the most educational? the most informative? No. What I am doing is offering the most titillating, wildest thing they have seen possibly ever, and they will stand on their brakes and make people behind them wait to watch what happens next.

Don't confuse news and sensationalism for the sake of a ratings grab. Brian Williams isn't likely to break into fake tears on a regular basis warning everyone of the end of the world and terrorists around every corner and other crazy things...if he did, he might get more ratings for a little bit, until it wore off and he showed himself to be crazy, but he would also lose any integrity he had.

Lieing and misleading and sensationalizing in order to be number one? Not exactly the kind of people I would want to trust for the daily temperature let alone political material. But there are a lot of people that are not really concerned about the truth, but like the marketing, they like the way the lie has been packaged(it happens on both sides, msnbc has its share), so they happily ignore the truth and drink the koolaid.

Too many people assume being number one equates to being good; using Jerry Springer tactics like they do, integrity went out the window years ago.

As well they should. They have created a huge sinkhole in journalism. No self respecting journalist would go near them. . .

What a laugh.

Are you telling me that you actually believe that self-respecting journalists actually exist?

If they do, they're already at FOX.

Or they're syndicated and not "with" any particular newsgroup per se.

Harte

Already at fox? No, noes. They wouldn't touch it with a 5 mile pole. Most respectable journalist won't be found on many of the major news stations. Hence why I said it was a big problem. I wanted more than anything to be a journalist at one point. . .then I figured out I'd either have to sell my soul to one of these companies or work for next to nothing at one of the smaller places. I'm still considering it, mind you. . .I'm just weighing my options and wondering whether or not its worth investing my time, money, and life in.

Gotta give Fox credit.. they sure knew how to help make the rift here even greater and worse then it was. Truthfully, O'Reilly, Beck, and Hannity.. er and "Fox and Friends" arn't news. They are commentators. Bloggers on TV. Their "real national news" casters pretty much just repeats everything the commentators say to try and validate opinions as news.

Thanks ... shows exactly who you are!!!

Just another one of the lefties who are about to lose control of their internal ju-ju. Again thanks as you made my point quite clear!!! :tu:

Thanks ... shows exactly who you are!!!

Just another one of the lefties who are about to lose control of their internal ju-ju. Again thanks as you made my point quite clear!!! :tu:

You are apprently new.. so I'll catch you up to speed. I'm not a lefty. I'm a moderate.. in the middle. And really? Even the Fox higher ups will tell you the same thing. That Hannity, Beck, O'Rielly, et al are commentators. Not news. So how that tells you I'm a lefty when I'm just pointing out something that the Fox execs said is beyond me.

My worry is this nation is being swallowed up by two sides who are tearing a rift between it and Fox is one of the huge contributers to this.

So in essence, by your statement of me being a lefty and worried about losing the control over something kind of proves my point. ;)

Edited by SilverCougar

Another point ghost and darkness ... I am by no means taking up for Fox News because "they are my heroes", I am taking up for them because the only thing which I hate .. is hate. Do you think that I agree with most of their viewpoints? They do give both sides, they do admit except for Hannity that they are opinions and though not always fair, they are balanced compared with other networks.

No disrespect to you as I do not know you but a question? Who is big daddy??? O'reily??? He is the daddy of Fox News and the only one I trust on "ANY" news channel to its fullest degree. Beck? He has proven me wrong many times but he is not "daddy". Hannity??? Piece of dung poo!!!

People are threatened by Fox News. They by far are slandered and slobbered with propaganda far more than any other news source. Yet, they are still on top. Why??? Because for the most part people do not like bullies and with the way the Fed. Government is working ... who is getting laughed at??? Fox and their cracking of Government skulls or the bully who seems to be fighting back with a twig??? Fox bashes both left and right frantics ... why they are on top!!!

You are apprently new.. so I'll catch you up to speed. I'm not a lefty. I'm a moderate.. in the middle. And really? Even the Fox higher ups will tell you the same thing. That Hannity, Beck, O'Rielly, et al are commentators. Not news. So how that tells you I'm a lefty when I'm just pointing out something that the Fox execs said is beyond me.

My worry is this nation is being swallowed up by two sides who are tearing a rift between it and Fox is one of the huge contributers to this.

So in essence, by your statement of me being a lefty and worried about losing the control over something kind of proves my point. ;)

Sorry very much ... that was meant for Ghost and darkness, not for you. I would never call you a lefty .. you may write with your right hand, who knows. As for your other statements, find many posts where I have not stated the same exact thing. BUT Fox is not "tearing a rift" they give both sides, bash both sides ... how can anybody who actually watches the network say any different???

Also I will not take up for Beck, Hannity but I will O'reily. He is about as fair and balanced as one could get. News is news. Ones viewpoints on the news is an opinion ... they admit this. Others do not.

Period. Exclamation point! No question? about it...

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

Yeap, I agree that this nation is being swallowed up BY both parties. I consider myself, a moderate as well. It just, that I am neither left, nor right I am kind of in the middle as well. We need a third party really badly.

Edited by Ryinrea

So there is Fox as basically the only cable news outlet considered right-wing against CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN and whoever else I may leave out that are all left-wing. I hardly see how Fox is a threat at all unless you are a left-winger who is upset that the left-wing doesn’t own all of the stations.

Wha?? Did you not even read my post?

I believe I clearly said ALL news organizations are falling into this deep pit of anti-journalism. They've stopped giving facts and have started pushing agendas. When that happens, how do you know what you are watching is factual? So many people depend on the tv news to get their information. . .so if they are misinformed, how do they know?

You should be outraged about it. Its a few wealthy people up at the top pushing their agendas through our news outlets and controlling what we see and don't see. That's beyond party lines, as it is happening on BOTH sides of the fence and it is, in simple terms, destroying our (the general public's) ability to get factual information.

And, on another note, I watch fox news. So does just about everyone I know. Its not because we agree. . .its just fun to watch O'Reilly get within a hairs breadth of having an aneurysm when someone disagrees with him. If that's not good, old fashioned family fun, I don't know what is!

But now that Fox News is a little different, why is Obama complaining then?

So who actually favors controlled media?

Sorry very much ... that was meant for Ghost and darkness, not for you. I would never call you a lefty .. you may write with your right hand, who knows. As for your other statements, find many posts where I have not stated the same exact thing. BUT Fox is not "tearing a rift" they give both sides, bash both sides ... how can anybody who actually watches the network say any different???

Also I will not take up for Beck, Hannity but I will O'reily. He is about as fair and balanced as one could get. News is news. Ones viewpoints on the news is an opinion ... they admit this. Others do not.

Period. Exclamation point! No question? about it...

Mmhm.

Then here we don't see eye to eye because I do not see any fair or balanced anything comeing from O'Reilly, or Hannity. I just see them touting the conservitive point of veiw.

Fox news will even go so far to give around 145 minutes of free air time for the republican/conservitive candidate letting them say anything from their straight up political point of views to bashing their opponent. They do not, however, give the same option to the opposing party. Not a damned thing. How is *that* fair and balanced?

Same for MSNBC, I've hardly seen them give air time to the conservitive side of things. So yes, I see the major medias tearing this nation apart. Fox is just more brash, showy, and the loudest about it.

So there is Fox as basically the only cable news outlet considered right-wing against CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN and whoever else I may leave out that are all left-wing. I hardly see how Fox is a threat at all unless you are a left-winger who is upset that the left-wing doesn’t own all of the stations.

Too the point and I will also point out that this is exactly why Fox News gets such high ratings. They are the only conservative news network. All the rest are what they are ... on the nipple of the dems. Thing is that many every day pop that sour milk out of their mouths and yearn for a better tasting lactose.

The dems mam's are sagging ... like their ratings.

Mmhm.

Then here we don't see eye to eye because I do not see any fair or balanced anything comeing from O'Reilly, or Hannity. I just see them touting the conservitive point of veiw.

Fox news will even go so far to give around 145 minutes of free air time for the republican/conservitive candidate letting them say anything from their straight up political point of views to bashing their opponent. They do not, however, give the same option to the opposing party. Not a damned thing. How is *that* fair and balanced?

Same for MSNBC, I've hardly seen them give air time to the conservitive side of things. So yes, I see the major medias tearing this nation apart. Fox is just more brash, showy, and the loudest about it.

Heres my problem with most of your statements. If I can get my family who are all dems and hold offices from mayors to county clerks to state senators ... they see maybe not fair and balanced for the most part but more fair and balanced than others.

Fox ... when you are being bashed and attacked you will conform and bash and attack back. They were at a time more fair and balanced. With all networks anymore it has become a civil war.

Another thing I will disagree with is that conservatives have their way on Fox News. I have seen too many times when conservatives are slapped in the face. We need more of that!!!

They only started the "slapping in the face" of conservitives after that memo went out that there will be actions taken if they didn't reign it in. Though I do agree that O'Rielly looks like he's going to have an anurism when he talks to someone who disagrees with him. >.< Dude needs to chill and lay off the coffee or something.