Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How To Test The Theory Of Parallel Universes

Anomalocaris

How To Test The Theory Of Parallel Universes

The existence of parallel universes may seem like something cooked up by science fiction writers, with little relevance to modern theoretical physics.

But the idea that we live in a “multiverse” made up of an infinite number of parallel universes has long been considered a scientific possibility – although it is still a matter of vigorous debate among physicists. The race is now on to find a way to test the theory, including searching the sky for signs of collisions with other universes.

arrow3.gifRead more

• Like 2

Ok, have read it....is there a beginners "test" I can do?

• Like 1

i read it too .. interesting. I don't know why i always get the impression that they/we are missing something so fundamental that it's discovery will explain a lot. Some sort of Mirror image or opposite of our known physics.. which makes things the way they are and not the way they seem.

* see disclaimer below

It is important to keep in mind that the multiverse view is not actually a theory, it is rather a consequence of our current understanding of theoretical physics.

what is that sound ? that's just my mind blowing !!!!

It is important to keep in mind that the multiverse view is not actually a theory, it is a consequence of our current understanding of theoretical physics.

The multiverse is not just one hypothesis, it is a whole series of different hypotheses.

The idea of the multiverse was very much a fringe idea only a few years ago. It is now becoming much more mainstream. Physicists and cosmologists no longer whisper about it in darkened corners for fear of being overheard by their colleagues.

• Like 1

If the universe is only one of many what do all these universes make up? Perhaps maybe these universes make up energy that make up universes. In this way the unviverse isn't infinite but matter in itself is infinite. But more than likely proboly not.