Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We are Pure Darkness... NOT Light

Arpee

They are still receptive of experience (energy) in other ways...

Sensation is a reception of energy

and so is smell (reception of molecules creating fragrance) and taste (reception of molecules by tongue creating "taste")

Experience can only happen through receptivity.

Even if you experience something "giving" to another, or even "the body" giving to another, it is still a RECEPTION of this movie of energy called reality/life.

So you see something give to another, you are "receptive" to the light, and sounds which allowed you to experience that experience.

so actually light and dark have nothing to do with it. you are not using them literally

• Like 1

With too much light, you are seeing, you are seeing light.

Impossible.. too much light is blinding.. Setton is right..

The sun face on can blind you

• Like 1

We have equal and full measures of both light and dark; order and chaos.

You get to choose how and when to use each.

The total energy we receive is the same as we emit/spent (law of conservation of energy)

Absorbing has nothing to do with darkness.

And a black hole doesn't simply just absorb things, its 2 poles emit waves

• Like 1

We have equal and full measures of both light and dark; order and chaos.

You get to choose how and when to use each.

"Welcome to the free will planet; where dark and light live side by side. We call it Earth. You won't remember anything up to, and including, this point. Enjoy your stay; we'll be rooting for you."

*flash*

*baby cry*

So, maybe you didn't see my post?

I ask the question again just in case you missed it:

If everything is Energy (btw, I agree) then even 'darkness' is the same Energy...is it not?

So, my question to you is: How are we being 'tricked' and tricked by whom? By Energy? How can Energy fool itself?

So, maybe you didn't see my post?

I ask the question again just in case you missed it:

I thought darkness was the absence of light. Not a thing, but absence of a thing.

We're not pure anything.

• Like 1

I thought darkness was the absence of light. Not a thing, but absence of a thing.

Quite literally, there is no 'absence' of a thing. To put it another way...the only thing that exists is Energy. Infinite Energy, constantly manifesting and remanifesting as an infinitely diverse spectrum of 'things'. Darkness being one. Light being another.

Where the OP made his first mistake was in saying that everything is made of light:

Everything is made of energy (light). There are even thoughts and emotions, which we are aware of (receiving).

We are so emerged in this realm of energy "light" that we mistake our identity of "the one who is aware" to "the one who is doing".

Everything isn't made of light...everything is Energy however.

Consider the stars for instance...they are not light...they are huge condense 'entities of compressed gases, etc.' There is no 'light' at the core of the star...only darkness...the light waves are created by the intense heat of the star as these compressed gases burn.

Consider also the 'space' in which the stars exist. Is this nothing? No. It is something. It is 'space'. Also existing as Energy at rest.

Darkness and Light are both frequencies that are mutually exclusive. You cannot have darkness where there is light, nor can you have light where there is darkness.

And I'm not trying to be an antagonist...this is after all posted in the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs forum...and so I am not really in the position here of being able to (nor do I have any desire to) diss the OPs belief as stated.

I am just trying to understand a contradiction in the premise. If that is disallowed in this forum then so be it, I will just wander off into the...darkness.

• Like 3

Quite literally, there is no 'absence' of a thing.

*looks to my shadow on wall in front of me, and waves at it*

That's a thing created solely by an absence of light.

*looks to my shadow on wall in front of me, and waves at it*

That's a thing created solely by an absence of light.

Energy isn't created by other energy. In fact, energy can't be created nor destroyed. But in abstraction term, you are right.

• Like 1

We have been tricked into believing we are light. This will cause suffering since we are really darkness, you can't "follow" because you are darkness absorbing...

We tricked into "following" light is the trap into materialism (or worship of ideas - instead of acceptance)...

Our eyes are black holes absorbing light creating VISION

Our eardrums are black holes absorbing sound creating AUDIO

Our taste-buds are black holes absorbing molecules of food creating TASTE

Our nostrils are black holes absorbing molecules creating SMELL

Our sensory preceptors are black holes absorbing stimuli creating SENSATION

If you believe in a 6th sense (psychic), that is also being aware of (pulling in) energy...

Most were tricked into a mis-identification...

That is all...

We are receptors , we are receiving awareness OF light/reality...

Acceptance is the key, life is unfolding...

Our only job is to receive, and we are already doing this whether we like it or not, and to resist is to get beat up by life...

By the way this also includes this "appearance/form" of this physical body, you are the darkness being aware of thought, emotion, beliefs, and even the body , world , and life happening....

The only truth is mind.

Ideas, beliefs, perceptions, knowledge, emotions, good and evil, light and darkness are the nonsense we fill them with. If you live as a prisoner to the nonsense which you've convinced yourself is real then you lead yourself into suffering.

Illumination comes when you free your mind from your cell.

The only truth is mind.

That sounds like a baseless assertion, how do you verify this "truth"?
Ideas, beliefs, perceptions, knowledge, emotions, good and evil, light and darkness are the nonsense we fill them with. If you live as a prisoner to the nonsense which you've convinced yourself is real then you lead yourself into suffering.
Kind of like what you just did?

Don't drop the soap.

• Like 1

I don't get it.

Why did you say don't drop the soap?

That sounds like a baseless assertion, how do you verify this "truth"?

You are aware of two things -

1. Your mind.

2. Reality.

Which creates which?

The thing we experience as reality is just a collection of mental perceptions. You have two choices -

1. You can make yourself a slave to those perceptions and believe your mind is a creation of those perceptions.

2. You can realise perceptions arent real and free your mind.

The choice is yours but if you trap yourself into perceptions which cause you suffering its your own problem.

• Like 1

You are aware of two things -

1. Your mind.

2. Reality.

Which creates which?

The thing we experience as reality is just a collection of mental perceptions. You have two choices -

1. You can make yourself a slave to those perceptions and believe your mind is a creation of those perceptions.

2. You can realise perceptions arent real and free your mind.

The choice is yours but if you trap yourself into perceptions which cause you suffering its your own problem.

What an egocentric philosophy you follow.

If perceptions aren't real, you wouldn't be here responding or you're just another prisoner.

I don't get it.

Why did you say don't drop the soap?

1. What an egocentric philosophy you follow.

2. If perceptions aren't real, you wouldn't be here responding or you're just another prisoner.

1. I am the universe I'm experiencing because there is no division between perceptions and mind.

2. Go listen to two people arguing over the colour of an object (one must be colour blind). Tell me which one speaks the truth and which one is a prisoner?

1. I am the universe I'm experiencing because there is no division between perceptions and mind.

The universe isn't a perception.
2. Go listen to two people arguing over the colour of an object (one must be colour blind). Tell me which one speaks the truth and which one is a prisoner?

You just answered your own question.

1. The universe isn't a perception.

2. You just answered your own question.

1. Looks like we will have to do this the hard way. You identify something you think is real and I'll show you why its just a perception. Maybe after doing it 50 times you will start to see everything you think exists is just a perception. Then again as its you maybe not even after a million times lol.

2. The question is to you so please answer it.

Energy isn't created by other energy. In fact, energy can't be created nor destroyed. But in abstraction term, you are right.

That's my point. It's not energy. It's absence of energy; an impression.

We can only partially perceive the reality through our 5 senses. As for the ultimate reality, what kind of energy/material it is made of, no one knows.

Reality (as we know) is an interpretation of the mind. The mind is the product of the (ultimate) reality. Reality (as we know) =/= (ultimate) reality

Follow the Big Bang, the reality exists first (science)

or

The mind exists first and big bang is an illusion (The Matrix)

_Only said:

That's my point. It's not energy. It's absence of energy; an impression.

My point is that there is no 'absence' of Energy. Even the nothingness that we call Outer Space is Energy. Light is a frequency. Radio waves are light waves...only a different frequency. The colors of the spectrum are Frequencies of Light. The entire Universe...is Energy. There is no 'nothing'. There is only something...and that something is Energy.

'Darkness' is also energy...it is just the blocking of the Frequency of Light....but you don't really 'see' the Light...you only see what is illuminated by the light...if nothing is illuminated, you see nothing.

Edited by joc

Experience is not being "done" it is being "received", even emotions, intentions, thoughts containing the words "I" or "me" which attaches itself to an apparent physical body....

I'd say that experience is actually being 'experienced', not just 'received'. I'm not following that almost everything is 'received'; what exactly is 'receiving' (the mind? a soul?) and more importantly, you can't receive unless something is being transmitted. And we do transmit and not just receive; this message is evidence of it. Let's take the statement 'LG is experiencing the emotion of confused anxiety'. Who or what exactly is 'receiving' this emotion? What generated it?

Count me amongst the people who is having trouble pulling together your OP and further comments into one concise and coherent idea, although you do touch on several potential interesting philosophical topics. Or maybe your idea actually is that that there is no such thing as coherency, not sure. I don't think using the words 'light' and 'dark' outside of their standard definition is helping clarify actually; I'm having trouble figuring out if you are talking about just the scientific idea of 'light' as energy, the metaphorical idea of light as 'goodness' and darkness as 'bad' or 'evil', are just using those terms as some other symbolic representation, or worse are using them interchangably.

• Like 1