Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Evolution

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1    jeffbobs

jeffbobs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:46 PM

now the way scientists say it goes is that plants came first then they made enough oxygen for animal to live but where did the animal come in? because for this to work they would of had to evolve from a plant, and how the hell can that happen, i mean i dont have a clue about any animal/plants or heard of any. so how do ya think it happened??

#2    Pseudomorph

Pseudomorph

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:57 PM

I once saw an interesting BBC show that went to explain how ancient hydrae, which behave(d) as both a plant and an animal, were the common ancestor of all animal life, once they started moving. In a sentence, we all came down from jellyfish.  bounce.gif

#3    marduk

marduk

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

A plant is a collection of cells
an animal is a collection of cells
its only the way they are connected that make a difference
Its cell evolution that made all the rest possible
the connections for plants is simpler and more likely to occur than the one for animals.
Its that simple
Micro cellular evolution
fascinating subject
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
tongue.gif

Posted Image
If you want to know the truth make sure you can handle it before you ask

#4    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:17 PM

We are descended from plants?  Then we am I eating so much of my brethren in salads?  I don't think so.  We are most likely descended from water creatures who grew, didn't breath oxygen, and then crawlled onto land, developed lungs, and mutanted.

Edited by Atlantis Rises, 07 August 2005 - 05:18 PM.

History is like Time - it always repeats itself.

#5    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,398 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

When we start talking about the common ancestor of plants and animals, we aren't even talking about something we would recognize as a living creature anymore.  It just goes way too far back.

#6    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• 1,521 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

So, are you referring to something that can breath cardon dioxide and live in a harsh, volcanic environment?

#7    jeffbobs

jeffbobs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Atlantis Rises @ Aug 7 2005, 05:17 PM)
We are descended from plants?  Then we am I eating so much of my brethren in salads?  I don't think so.  We are most likely descended from water creatures who grew, didn't breath oxygen, and then crawlled onto land, developed lungs, and mutanted.

View Post

yes and the first thing underwater was a plant. do you not get the frist thing on this earth was plants? we didnt just apear we had to evolve from something and the only thing that lived on this earth was plants....because nothing else couold live on the earth cos they needed oxygen.

#8    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• 1,521 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

I plant just didn't appear.  We evolved from eminzes and single cell organisms, which later grew.  But you're coming across as if a plant just appear and it was the grand-daddy of all life.  It wa a result of other things.

"Who's your daddy?"

#9    jeffbobs

jeffbobs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Atlantis Rises @ Aug 7 2005, 05:32 PM)
I plant just didn't appear.  We evolved from eminzes and single cell organisms, which later grew.  But you're coming across as if a plant just appear and it was the grand-daddy of all life.  It wa a result of other things.

"Who's your daddy?"

View Post

well wasnt it the grand daddy of things? what else was there except microscopic things.

ya i get what you mean, sorry wasnt thinking much when i did this post.....well considering this, there is no proof of darwins evolution theories so you reckon this is how all animals e.g (mamals, fishys) and the rest evolved

#10    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• 1,521 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

This has the stamp of Darwin all over it.  What're u talking bout?

#11    jeffbobs

jeffbobs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(Atlantis Rises @ Aug 7 2005, 06:24 PM)
This has the stamp of Darwin all over it.  What're u talking bout?

View Post

darwin says that say like a retile comes along....it turns into something else it evolves yes? that is evolution(this is the quick version btw) and he says that this is how amphibions and fish and retiles and mamals came along aswell. but there is no evidence, there are fossiles of fish and reptiles but none of any thing with both qualities e.g sharp claws and teeth, and gills.

now if this is the case them in guessing different single cell organisms evolved into the different animals, this is not what darwin predicted, this is what i am saying now.

just to make it even more simple for you here we go......

darwin: animals evolved into different animals e.g mammals and reptiles

me: different single celled organisms turned into different animals e.g 1 turned into a amphibion 1 into a fishy

NOT 1 animal turns into something completly different with completly different things abut them.

is that easier for ya?

#12    marduk

marduk

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:50 PM

yes
but its totally wrong
go and research foetal development a little Jeff and you'll see what i mean
thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
If you want to know the truth make sure you can handle it before you ask

#13    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,398 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:01 PM

I agree Jeff, you are making a few assumptions that aren't quite what data indicates.

For starters, there are fossils of creatures with both land and sea features, but that is actually irrelevant in reagrds to evidence for evolution.  The fossil record is not where the support of modern evolutionary theory lies.

As far far as your theories go, there is no reason why both could not have occured, without violating Darwinian theory in the slightest.

#14    jeffbobs

jeffbobs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(marduk @ Aug 7 2005, 06:50 PM)
yes
but its totally wrong
go and research foetal development a little Jeff and you'll see what i mean
thumbsup.gif

View Post

what does babies growing have anything to do with what i was talking about?

#15    Rakarin02

Rakarin02

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(jeffbobs @ Aug 7 2005, 12:46 PM)
now the way scientists say it goes is that plants came first then they made enough oxygen for animal to live but where did the animal come in? because for this to work they would of had to evolve from a plant, and how the hell can that happen, i mean i dont have a clue about any animal/plants or heard of any. so how do ya think it happened??

View Post

Plants and animals are two completely different Phyla, and are totally unrelated.

The animals lived in water.

In the Cambrian, there were many multicellular creatures, some of extinct Phyla, as well as algae and true plants. All were aquatic. The great reefs were stromatolite reefs. (Stromatoltes are growths of algae and bacteria, which excrete calcite into the mud, forming large columns and domes.)

In time, the stromatolites became semi-aquatic, existing in tidal areas. They began to move slowly inland, but could not completely leave the litoral zone (the area hit by waves during the tides).

This caused increase in oxygen around the beaches. We know this because in late Cambrian sediments, there is a sudden increase in iron oxide, or rust. This indicates there was oxygen around the beaches.

Oxygen is important because it defracts ultraviolet light. This allowed algae and plants to move into the litoral zone, and then plants to move past it inland.

The next geologic age is the Ordivician, which is when complex plants (dicotelons with seeds, though I can't remember if flowers first appeared in the Ordivician or Silurian or Devonian...) first appeared on land.

Now, I don't remember the exact dates correctly, because I focused more on minerology than palentology. (I have a degree in Geology, and took Palentology and Evolutionary Theory, but I wanted to work in the gem trade.)

If I remember correctly, the Ordivician is when the first land creatures emerged. They were amphibious crustaceans (arthropods, specifically), which became the insects. This was made possible by the spreading of plants, as oxygen (which, by the way, is toxic and corrosive in large concentrations) became more plentiful and ultraviolet radiation dropped to safe levels on land. The arthropods chitinous shell also provided excellent protection from UV, which was still relatively high.

The next age, the Silurian, is marked by the emergence of the amphibians (evolved from jawed and armored fish, or bony fish [calciferous skeletons as opposed to cartiledge]) onto land. UV levels had dropped enough from oxygen that their relatively thin scales provided sufficient UV protection.

Next, in the Devonian, there is an evolutionary explosion of brackish and fresh water life, as well as the appearance of hard eggs, which denotes the appearance of reptiles (which evolved from amphibians).

And now you know.  yes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users