Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is my Aunt's house haunted?

Alliex

Hi all

This is my very first post so I'll try and make it as clear as I can.

My Aunt Jessie use to take care of my great aunt who was also called Jessie but we just called her aunite. She sadly passed away a few years ago in Jessie's house. She was 97 which I think is a great age. Jessie now lives in the house alone.

Anyway, ever since then every time I'm in Jessie's house I get a really uneasy feeling, mostly upstairs in the bedrooms and the hall way. As you walk up the stairs, when you get to the top the first room to the left is the room she passed away in, which is the room at the front of the house. I can never look in that room whenever I walk past. Also when I walk to the bathroom, it feels like there's someone standing right behind me, watching me.

Jessie gets her newspaper delivered to her by a paper boy. The boy came round one day to collect his money. Unfortunately, Jessie was up at the hospital visiting my dad and wasn't in at the time. The boy's Father came round later that night to collect the money. Jessie appologised for not being in. The man asked if Jessie was sure she wasn't in. She said yes and asked why. The boy's father replied "My son saw the old woman standing at the window". The window to Auntie's room.

On another occasion, Jessie's neighbour Mary was in and they were having a few drinks. After a few hours, Mary went upstairs to use the toilet and then decided just to go to sleep. She went into Auntie's room and fell asleep. She said she woke up around 3 or 4am in total panic and fright. She shrugged it off and went back to sleep. Two weeks later Mary went to a psychic night and the psychic said "The old woman told me to tell you she's sorry for giving you a fright that night you slept in her bed".

Now, I'll only believe something if it happens to me. Only if I know for myself that it's happened or whatever. I don't know if I get the uneasy feeling because I know she passed away in the house or if she is indeed still there.

I wanted to get an opinion

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Allie x

Yes you're right....you get the uneasy feeling because you are aware that your auntie passed away in the house...we all would be the same.I'm no believer in the paranormal but you could *maybe take some comfort from the thought that she could be keeping an eye out for you....anyway...welcome and good luck.. :)

*legal disclaimer...wasn't saying I believe in ghosts... :whistle: ...should cover all angles..

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1

Yes you're right....you get the uneasy feeling because you are aware that your auntie passed away in the house...we all would be the same.I'm no believer in the paranormal but you could *maybe take some comfort from the thought that she could be keeping an eye out for you....anyway...welcome and good luck.. :)

*legal disclaimer...wasn't saying I believe in ghosts... :whistle: ...should cover all angles..

So how do you explain the fact that the paperboy so her auntie at the window of her house even though she was in hospital?

So how do you explain the fact that the paperboy so her auntie at the window of her house even though she was in hospital?

Oh i didnt know you had personally interviewed the paperboy...my mistake.. :whistle: ..but just to clarify my point..i wrote..

'Yes you're right..YOU get the uneasy feeling because you are aware that your auntie passed away in the house...we all would be the same.I'm no believer in the paranormal but you could *maybe take some comfort from the thought that she could be keeping an eye out for you....anyway...welcome and good luck.. :) '

I answered that part of the OP's original post....didnt even mention the paperboy or a lack of ghost in the house...but no hard feelings.. :)

Edited by BrianPotter

Paper boys don't care who's in the house. They just throw papers.

True, but my Auntie Jessie pays the boy money for delivering her newspapers every day lol :P

• Like 1

Oh i didnt know you had personally interviewed the paperboy...

I didn't. I just read the post.

Paper boys don't care who's in the house. They just throw papers.

In Britain they push them through the letterbox in the house's front door. So this paperboy went right up to the house.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

True, but my Auntie Jessie pays the boy money for delivering her newspapers every day lol :P

The paperboy had no reason to lie unless he was trying to yank peoples chain(which is more than possible..moreso if he knew that someone had recently died in the house) but he could also have been mistaken..

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1

The paperboy had no reason to lie unless he was trying to yank peoples chain but he could have been mistaken....thats what you have to think about,unless you actually see the 'ghost' yourself.

Exactly. I'm not saying that she is still there or that it is a ghost. Just wanted some other opinons :)

• Like 2

Exactly. I'm not saying that she is still there or that it is a ghost. Just wanted some other opinons :)

Thats the best way to look at it....if you see one yourself,then you will know in your own mind that you witnessed something...anyhow..good luck with it all.. :)

• Like 1

Thats the best way to look at it....if you see one yourself,then you will know in your own mind that you witnessed something...anyhow..good luck with it all.. :)

Thanks for your input :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That's pretty insane. Trusting that this story is all truth, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was still around her house. Does your aunt ever get creeped out being in that house with all this crazy stuff happening to her?

Op it is weird because you know the person that has passed away was living in that house. Now put a stranger in there and they start hearing and seeing strange things then it is more convincing. The boy that saw someone in the window, I believe can be true but if he saw it for 1 second or as a flash it could be his mind wanting something to be there. BUT if he saw it longer then it is possible.

There may be a reason for your grand to be there, maybe she forgot something, she wants to protect or it could be that she has done something that prevents her from moving on. I think I would be careful that there is something there that pretends to be your grandm and is just fooling around to have fun or to hurt any of you.

I think there needs to be more proof that there is something...footsteps, mumbling, door opening, strange noises in the attic/basement.

Edited by Spky777