Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Bathroom Ghost (Video)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    Paul Rubino

Paul Rubino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

• http://www.illuminutti.com - fun with conspiracies and conspiracists

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

I think my bathroom is haunted! Any advice?

#2    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,498 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

Quite the courteous ghost, putting the seat back down.

I'm going to say that as a matter of personal opinion, the whole video feels rather staged. I vote no ghost.

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#3    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

Quite well put together, specially with the skull effect in the flashes of light. But who ever heard of a ghost having a pee and a crap? lol  
I bet he wouldnt view the scene from the opposite angle where we would see how he moves the toilet seat etc   This would be so easy to rig up but the view of the back of the toilet area is conveniently blocked. .  
It's a good fake :rolleyes:

#4    Paul Rubino

Paul Rubino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 22 December 2011 - 02:54 AM, said:

Quite well put together, specially with the skull effect in the flashes of light. But who ever heard of a ghost having a pee and a crap? lol  
I bet he wouldnt view the scene from the opposite angle where we would see how he moves the toilet seat etc   This would be so easy to rig up but the view of the back of the toilet area is conveniently blocked. .  
It's a good fake :rolleyes:

I did this video over 3 years ago and you are the first person ... ever ... to spot the skull! Nice catch!!!!!

#5    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

View PostPaul Rubino, on 22 December 2011 - 02:59 AM, said:

I did this video over 3 years ago and you are the first person ... ever ... to spot the skull! Nice catch!!!!!

Thank you Paul. I would not assume a video to be a fake without going through it frame by frame.
I would be interested to know how you got this effect though :)

#6    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

lol Very funny! thanks for that!

#7    Paul Rubino

Paul Rubino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 22 December 2011 - 03:07 AM, said:

Thank you Paul. I would not assume a video to be a fake without going through it frame by frame.
I would be interested to know how you got this effect though :)

The skull effect? Or the whole video?

#8    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

View PostPaul Rubino, on 22 December 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

The skull effect? Or the whole video?

I meant the skull effect. Maybe a projection?......As for the seat moving and the toilet being flushed, it is possible that smebody was hidiing behind the unit housing the sink because from the angle at which the video is shot, you cannot see the rear half of the toilet. I am sure you will put me right on both counts though lol :)

#9    Paul Rubino

Paul Rubino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 22 December 2011 - 04:26 AM, said:

I meant the skull effect. Maybe a projection?......As for the seat moving and the toilet being flushed, it is possible that smebody was hidiing behind the unit housing the sink because from the angle at which the video is shot, you cannot see the rear half of the toilet. I am sure you will put me right on both counts though lol :)

The skull was simply an added layer in my movie editing program - a picture of a skull dimmed so it was barely visible, inserted only in those sections where i was flashing the bathroom light.

The movement of the shower curtain was done by a fan - i simply plugged it in momentarily to get some movement.

All the other movement was actually done by me standing in the bathroom, in plain sight, in various positions. I digitally removed myself in post production.

Even the time stamp on the video is faked, and of course i inserted some sound effects from a sound effects CD.

I can't remember why i made this video. I think it was in response to another ghost video where somebody was saying it couldn't have been special effects. I was out to show them it COULD be special effects.

#10    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostPaul Rubino, on 22 December 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

The skull was simply an added layer in my movie editing program - a picture of a skull dimmed so it was barely visible, inserted only in those sections where i was flashing the bathroom light.

The movement of the shower curtain was done by a fan - i simply plugged it in momentarily to get some movement.

All the other movement was actually done by me standing in the bathroom, in plain sight, in various positions. I digitally removed myself in post production.

Even the time stamp on the video is faked, and of course i inserted some sound effects from a sound effects CD.

I can't remember why i made this video. I think it was in response to another ghost video where somebody was saying it couldn't have been special effects. I was out to show them it COULD be special effects.

I hate fakers but I must say I'm impressed. I would have guessed the lid was moved with string, not a digitally removed guy.

Now that you mention it, it's kinda obvious it was tampered with. You can tell where you were removed from, the video just goes "dead" in those spots. Where the shower curtain was alive with pixel movement at one point, it goes to a still at another. Still, if you hadn't said that I may not have noticed it.

Edited by Moonie2012, 22 December 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#11    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

Thank you Paul for your explanation.  
What made me immediately suspicious about the video was the content. A ghost going to the toilet lol  Once I get suspicious I feel the urge to dig deeper.  Nice video though :)

#12    fandango

fandango

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• My Life is a juggling act, I just need more hands.

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

I was going to say that you have a very unhygienic ghost:
  • Didn't use toilet paper
  • Didn't wash ghostly hands

:rofl:

#13    para2011

para2011

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

wow over the top lol. The circa 1991 green crosshairs and border should have gave it away off the bat. Sounded to me like the ambient sound of the TV, you snoring and the cat were added to the video as well (among other obvious things lol).

#14    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,090 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

The flashing red REC indicator is also a dead giveaway.  

Why would that appear on the final video?  It's only displayed on the viewfinder on video cameras so you can tell at a glance whether or not you're recording, it's not recorded as part of the video footage.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#15    Realm

Realm

• 2,055 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

And..not to mention you have 2 strands of hair on the right side of your head that never change position after hours of sleeping.

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users