Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dr. Geoff Marcy to search for ET spacecraft

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 24 July 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

They don't need to look out that far.

Thats right, all they have to do is debate Roswell a few decades more. :santa:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#17    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postzoser, on 09 November 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Why not look for them here?

"A long way ye may go for nothing.  Stand still and let the truth come to you".

Science is sinking ever deeper into the mud of stupidity.

I think they would do if there was cast iron scientific proof that an alien spaceship had ever been here

#18    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

No only idiots are doing what idiots do, science still has it's complete integrity. A true scientist wouldn't be wasting money on such ventures. This is the pseudo group defecating on the web again..  Why fund something so ridiculous. The odds of seeing even asteroids or comets is rare, let alone a chance "fly-by". smh

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#19    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,961 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Any expense for such great purpose should not be questioned at all. However the problem i forsee is interpratations of data. Assumingly some results might indicate a spaceship passing in the front of a star creating fluctuations, etc...so it is a meteorite, or coment or anything else. There would be a lot of if and maybe.
I personaly believe there is a lot of cosmological science and processes that we don't trully understand or we're wrongly interpreting. How we can deal with that?

Edited by qxcontinuum, 09 November 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,847 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

If that's what everyone did, you wouldn't be here telling us about your crazy alien ideas.

Have you found the bottom yet?

#21    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,157 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

They have been, for nearly 70 years and they have failed miserably. There is no proof that alien life has ever visited here, we have some credulous explanations for some atmospheric anomalies from a less than reputable crowd propagated via entertainment media. Due to the fantastic nature of the tales, the misdirections in recent times with regards to the possibility of life on Mars and Venus coupled with the ignorance of the masses, has led to some thinking this popular culture to be fact, when it is indeed anything but. The woo woo train simply continues to borrow credibility from people just like this to propagate nonsense. If not, why was Bob Lazar not even close with element 115?

If not one object has even been tracked as coming from space into or out of our atmosphere since the inception of RADAR, why look to space for a UFO answer if not only imagination? This is science remember, not a campfire.

Is that so?

Kepler has been wildly successful in its four years. To date, it has found 132 exoplanets - that is, planets outside our solar system - and possibly 3216 more that await confirmation. Researchers have extrapolated from Kepler data that our Milky Way galaxy alone contains at least 100 billion exoplanets, as many planets as there are stars. Still, with the telescope - which is 40 million miles from Earth - having collected data on 150,000 star systems, researchers are only beginning to pick through all the information.

What have UFOlogists uncovered in 60 years? How to accelerate book sales? Waiting around and guessing has produced many anecdotes, but not much else. The curse of Phil Klass comes to mind here!
Seems to be kicking more goals than your heroes? What have you got? Believe testimony - and only when it suits you.

Standing still is how you got to where you are today. It's also rather lazy isn't it? You are also not the most magnetic personality either, why do you think anything would just come to you? Is that like those pathetic hippies that ask the Universe to provide for them?

Could you explain further please. I honestly consider your opinion valid in this instance as I feel you are something of an expert in this field.

This man has more of a clue than every FTB in the world tied together and folded over.

Really, the proper question is: 'How far away is our nearest intelligent neighbour?' They could be 10 light-years, 100 light-years, a million light-years or more. We have no idea."

That sounds more like the questions we should be seeking answers to.

Edited by psyche101, 10 November 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#22    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,157 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

It seems they do.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

I hear ya psyche101 ! If E.T would of been here like some of these so-called x-purts or I should say AAA guys  specially the ones that have scammed there ways onto to the Airwaves!
Just to mention that All these Aliens helped us out Is Insane ! We have on the other hand sent out probes,our little calling cards to points out there ! And we always leave evidence of our world& type`s of tech level !
Yet there has been not a piece of hardware left for us to Inspect ? I find that quite unrealistic !

E.T. would of come and built the great Stone temples and such,and not even leave one cutting tool,or bolt or C/D/ disc on how to build a City ?
I think its a far streche to believe we for One are the ones that have built every thing on this Planet !
Sad ! VEry sad to undermind our Greatness ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,157 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 10 November 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

I hear ya psyche101 ! If E.T would of been here like some of these so-called x-purts or I should say AAA guys  specially the ones that have scammed there ways onto to the Airwaves!
Just to mention that All these Aliens helped us out Is Insane ! We have on the other hand sent out probes,our little calling cards to points out there ! And we always leave evidence of our world& type`s of tech level !
Yet there has been not a piece of hardware left for us to Inspect ? I find that quite unrealistic !

E.T. would of come and built the great Stone temples and such,and not even leave one cutting tool,or bolt or C/D/ disc on how to build a City ?
I think its a far streche to believe we for One are the ones that have built every thing on this Planet !
Sad ! VEry sad to undermind our Greatness ! :tu:

He just gets everything wrong, and then orders all other posters around like he is some authority, when he is anything but. I do not have a problem with pondering, but to say such stuff is fact is just going too far, and the throw away your textbooks lone I feel honestly deserves no respect whatsoever. Not sure why so many wear kid gloves with him, he sure does not bother when speaking to people like Jim who are so many leagues in front of him that even several lifetimes of catching up would still have them apart.
I find his nonsense an insult to logic, common sense, and humanity as a whole.

#25    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I understand he spends a fair amount of time looking at the sky.  If they were here he would probably know.

#26    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,986 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postsinewave, on 12 November 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

I understand he spends a fair amount of time looking at the sky.  If they were here he would probably know.

And then you'd take his word for it, I'm sure.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#27    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postsinewave, on 12 November 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

I'm not sure I follow that thought! The man is a legend in planet hunting (if not the best), how does that equate to "If they were here he would probably know"? after all, he couldn't be looking any further away from here if he tried.

#28    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 35,157 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 12 November 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I'm not sure I follow that thought! The man is a legend in planet hunting (if not the best), how does that equate to "If they were here he would probably know"? after all, he couldn't be looking any further away from here if he tried.

I expect considering his passion, and his position with the resources available to him, that he would probably have the most extensive network on the planet in this regard?

#29    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,147 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 26 July 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

Very good read. I can't help but wonder if are internet has already become a "Exonet". Considering that on the internet you can be talking to anyone/anything through animity. And if Aliens truly are visiting our planet in the form of UFOs it is very possible they have already connected are World Wide Web to the rest of the Galaxy.

Of course you are correct!....[ps..has anyone here ever seen Badeskov, Hazzard and Dbunker up close? :ph34r:  ] .. :yes:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#30    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 12 November 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

And then you'd take his word for it, I'm sure.

I am not sure he has said anything either way but assuming he has, don't ET believers accept most UFO accounts as the truth?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users