Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Trek technology that we use today

Still Waters

I don't know, last time I was watched Star Trek, I thought, the future is really backward.

While pretty cool and all, I think most of this is BS.

Like this quote - "Without Star Trek we may not have ever been able to make phone calls whenever and wherever we please."

Really? The Star Trek communicator did NOT allow us to use cell phone technology.

I don't know, last time I was watched Star Trek, I thought, the future is really backward.

I think that too, but in the 60's the technology was advanced but the human nature and most the alien societies didn't really show much advancement in the same way. I think Star Trek shows that in most of the plots. Good science fiction makes people think about more than the technology used, and it did that.

I looked through the list of 11...they didn't even mention the first thing I thought of ...the little thing they wear on their lapel. They would reach up, touch it and say something like, Yes Spock? Police officers everywhere now use lapel microphones...plus they have cameras too. Something the Enterprise crew did not have.

• Like 1