Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

107 Children killed in Chicago

Uncle Sam

Here is a list of children killed in a gun-free city that has absolutely no guns besides the police. This is what America is facing if we get rid of guns completely from our country. Real Children, Real List, not reported by the news or media, which goes counter to their argument that taking away guns will make our cities safer. There is no way to absolutely get rid of guns completely, criminals will get those guns and use them. Matter of fact, it would encourage more crimes because there is less resistance by the citizens. When citizens don't have guns, the criminals are the ones that are in control.

List of children killed

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

Here is a list of children killed in a gun-free city that has absolutely no guns besides the police. This is what America is facing if we get rid of guns completely from our country.

wow three straw man arguments in one post. Congratulations. I'm surprised you didn't bring in Hitler. 1) Chicago is not "gun-free". 2) It's an island of laws in a sea of gun nuts 3) almost no one is advocating gun prohibition

If you look up the stats for children's deaths by gun shot ,in nyc ,its almost the samen

Needless to say ,none of them were killed by an assault weapon .Just hand guns ,and most were stray shots.

• Like 2

It makes me sick the number of children that are caught in the crossfire of gang shootouts. I don't know how these gang members keep getting out of jail time after time. Something is seriously wrong with our legal system. The problem is nobody will talk about the elephant in the room.

• Like 6

wow three straw man arguments in one post. Congratulations. I'm surprised you didn't bring in Hitler. 1) Chicago is not "gun-free". 2) It's an island of laws in a sea of gun nuts 3) almost no one is advocating gun prohibition

Plenty of people are still advocating gun prohibition. There just nutcases. er. I mean politicians and PM. Thanks for providing links to support your gun law statements and your Island of laws in a sea of gun nuts ...Talk about strawman arguments.

• Like 3

since I seemingly have to use google for Asteroidx

Some municipalities, most notably Chicago, require that all firearms be registered with the local police department.[22] Chicago residents must "immediately" report a firearm that is stolen or lost, and must report the transfer of a firearm at least 48 hours in advance.[23] Chicago also prohibits the sale of firearms within city limits.[24] Chicago has banned the possession of certain semi-automatic firearms that it defines as assault weapons, as well as magazines that can hold more than 12 rounds of ammunition.[25] Separately, Cook County has banned assault weapons and magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds.

In Chicago, gun owners are required to have a Chicago Firearm Permit, which costs $100 and must be renewed every three years.[29] Before getting the permit, the resident must complete a training course that includes at least four hours of classroom training and one hour of range time. Each gun must be registered with the Chicago Police Department at a one-time cost of $15 per gun, and an annual registration report must be filed every year.[30] Gun possession is permitted only inside a dwelling, not in a garage or on the outside grounds of the property. Only one gun at a time may be kept in a usable state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Illinois

“These mass shootings get the news but they are just the tip of the iceberg, a tiny percent of the gun violence we see in America,” said David Hemenway of the Harvard School of Public Health. “The big issue is always guns. And if we can figure out a way to make it more difficult for inner city gangs to have very easy access to guns, we’ll be making a tremendous difference.”

The pipeline of weapons into inner cities is laced with cash and bad intentions, Hemenway said. From states with lax gun laws to the organizations that spend millions supporting pro-gun legislation, to gun shops that allow traffickers and straw purchasers to stockpile weapons and flip them for easy cash.

“How do the inner city kids get their guns? They get them from somebody trafficking guns in, adults making money trafficking the guns into these communities,” Hemenway said. “It’s about money. And I think this is about a small group of very vocal, animated people…our strange political system where we’ve given huge amounts of power to single-issue lobbies.”

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/12/20/in-newtowns-shadow-chicagos-bleak-gun-toll-goes-on/
  • Like 1

Thank you ND. When you post links its much easier to understand what your talking about. Honestly.

• Like 2

ONLY in the USA .. USA is just messed up !

criminals will get those guns and use them. Matter of fact, it would encourage more crimes because there is less resistance by the citizens. When citizens don't have guns, the criminals are the ones that are in control.

thats not true ! i dont know why you would say that ! if some one really wants a gun .. yes he can buy it illegally yes ! but it doesnt mean they are in control ..

they are only in control when they put a gun to your head.. but then if they do that.. you wont be able to pull out your own gun .. even if you got one legally ..so it doesnt matters if you got one or not !

its up to the police force to make the streets safer , and we are all protected by the law ! not by guns !

• Like 1

ONLY in the USA .. USA is just messed up ! thats not true ! i dont know why you would say that ! if some one really wants a gun .. yes he can buy it illegally yes ! but it doesnt mean they are in control ..

they are only in control when they put a gun to your head.. but then if they do that.. you wont be able to pull out your own gun .. even if you got one legally ..so it doesnt matters if you got one or not !

its up to the police force to make the streets safer , and we are all protected by the law ! not by guns !

What universe are you from?

• Like 2

What universe are you from?

do you feel safer when you got a gun? do you feel safer when you know everyone around you has one in their pocket ? do you feel safer when kids carry guns to school for their own protection?

be realistic ! ppl live in fear nowadays. thats why they buy guns, to shoot those who bully them . and then you get it ! stray bullets everywhere ,

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe
  • Like 1

do you feel safer when you got a gun? do you feel safer when you know everyone around you has one in their pocket ? do you feel safer when kids carry guns to school for their own protection?

be realistic ! ppl live in fear nowadays. thats why they buy guns, to shoot those who bully them . and then you get it ! stray bullets everywhere ,

I feel safer when my community has guns, knowledge and training with safety courses, understanding what guns are and what they are for. One thing that makes me feel even more safer, is that our constitution is read and understand by our citizens, so we don't have to fear our government becoming oppressive like they are right now. As for the kids carrying guns to school, that is a trick question when I see one to make me look bad either way. I rather when they come of age, they are taught what guns are and how to safety handle guns that way they understand everything about them. Most bullets don't travel well through surfaces, so you don't have stray bullets flying everywhere when citizens enact the castle law. Only bullets you have to worry about are the Full Metal Jackets and the other bullets designed to go through any type of surface, but by then, they are well versed on safety and how to handle guns that use them.

As of right now, criminals and deranged individuals cause deaths, even then it is usually people are disarmed and don't have any protection. They pray on the people that are weak, the ones that don't have protection, the easy score that allow for them to get away. As for the deranged individuals, they look for areas where guns are not allowed, because there absolutely no resistance to their attacks and they can walk around killing people unchallenged until law shows up which by then, they are too late to stop the death toll from getting to high.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3

Here is a list of children killed in a gun-free city that has absolutely no guns besides the police. This is what America is facing if we get rid of guns completely from our country. Real Children, Real List, not reported by the news or media, which goes counter to their argument that taking away guns will make our cities safer. There is no way to absolutely get rid of guns completely, criminals will get those guns and use them. Matter of fact, it would encourage more crimes because there is less resistance by the citizens. When citizens don't have guns, the criminals are the ones that are in control.

List of children killed

Having a gun free city while the rest of the country have guns, is a pointless exercise

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Interesting - I see less than 20 "children" on that list.

I see a lot of mid to late teens on that list. I wonder how many of those had criminal records or gang affiliations? I would guess the majority of them and, if so, they are not victims, they are part of the problem. There's also a common thread in these killings if you look up the news reports - rarely does anyone see anything or talk to the police. Again, part of the problem.

Whenever folks talk about "children" being killed, it's always best to dig a little deeper.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

It strikes me that a more accurate picture could be gotten looking at the gun death rates in countries like Britain or Japan or Vietnam. As I recall they are less than a tenth that of the States.

Here's a list of homicide rates by country, from Wikipedia (yes I googled it). I intentionally searched for intentional homicide, not homicide by firearm, because you don't need a gun to kill someone. Do you realize how easy it is to sneak up on someone from behind and slit their throat? Cowardly, imo, but effective. What I thought is interesting in this list is that the highest rates seem to be in South America and Africa...because I believe those are the countries that as a rule have the strictest gun laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

(edited 'cuz I forgot to put in the link, doh)

Edited by Gummug

It looks like you got it backwards; Latin America has a lot of guns, so I presume not much regulation. The really low murder rates in Japan and Singapore and Western Europe, with really strong gun laws, reinforce the idea that gun laws reduce murders. Vietnam doesn't do too badly either for a developing country.

I noticed that too Rafterman, that half of the list was 18 or 19 year olds. Those would be considered adults rather than kids, right? I mean, if they had pulled the trigger they would have been considered an adult, I'm not sure why they are considered child/youth because they were the victim.

It would be interesting to see the same list with the ages of the shooters along with it.

And just a random observation- looking at the hood names, I'm willing to bet most of those shootings were gang related. I was not surprised to see Englewood a lot.

Having a gun free city while the rest of the country have guns, is a pointless exercise

Having a gun free country with borders so porous that any number of illegal things are smuggled in daily is a pointless exercise also.

• Like 1

Having a gun free country with borders so porous that any number of illegal things are smuggled in daily is a pointless exercise also.

Problem with that is that most weapons are smuggled in the other direction.

• Like 1

I think gangs should be pointed out when speaking of Chicago. Reading through a lot of this, I kind of can't help but think on when it was Mob rule in Chicago.

Quite a bit of the homicide rate comes from gang violence. Chicago has a ton of factions, some estimates are in the 100's. It's estimated that up to 80% of 2012 homicides are gang on gang or otherwise gang associated violence. It's also been estimated that at least 100 of the 2012 death toll were people affiliated with the Gangster Disciples, one of the biggest gangs in the area. It's been suggested that currently, Chicago has the highest gang population in the U.S., but I really couldn't find good data to back that up.

I agree

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It makes me sick the number of children that are caught in the crossfire of gang shootouts. I don't know how these gang members keep getting out of jail time after time. Something is seriously wrong with our legal system. The problem is nobody will talk about the elephant in the room.

I would imagine many of these children are gang members. (correct me if i am wrong)

But where are the parents of all these kids? do i dare ask.....................is it a "culture" thing? cos here in the Uk it is.