Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#31    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Ah, the Obama Campaign's meme of the week.

Instead of asking why their own candidate's campaign is collapsing, they're now questioning why the "other guy" isn't further ahead.

Sitting that aside, I'll tell you why Romney isn't further ahead - simply because Obama's supporters in the media would rather focus on an edited (admitted) video from 5 months ago, rather than the complete collapse and failure of Obama's Mideast policy that led to the deaths of a US Ambassador and several CIA agents.

Edited by Rafterman, 21 September 2012 - 06:21 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#32    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Romney doesn't attack enough, he doesn't hammer him on anything. There are so many talking points Romney could use to win this, but he literally says nothing about any of it.

For example: NDAA, Administration ties to Monsanto running the FDA, Fast and Furious, Coal Industry Crisis, Detroit, Foreign Policy, Participating in Non-Congressionally Declared Wars, and allowing Unlimited, unchecked QE.

Romney doesn't talk about any of those, it doesn't look like he really wants to win. If the President opens up the oil strategic reserves to lower gas prices before the election, that could potentially seal the deal.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 21 September 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#33    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostRafterman, on 21 September 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Sitting that aside, I'll tell you why Romney isn't further ahead - simply because Obama's supporters in the media would rather focus on an edited (admitted) video from 5 months ago, rather than the complete collapse and failure of Obama's Mideast policy that led to the deaths of a US Ambassador and several CIA agents.

Because the GOP media led by Fox News is so good at focusing on important things... Oh, wait, they are focusing on a Obama video made over a decade ago. They are focusing on a speech that used the word "That" instead of "Those" from a few months ago.

#34    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,694 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 21 September 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Not true. Again, the media is manipulated, so the news we get does not reflect the truth. AND the CIA WANTS Obama to win. I am not under the illusion at all that our votes count.

I am the swing vote. I have no real loyalties to a political party. I want to join a party that publicly and institutionally supports the USA Constitution and the USA Bill of Rights.
So you are saying that you are an Independant voter, and that it is the independent voter that are Stupid and Thoughtless???? Because what I said was that the Swing voters, such as yourself are the smarter ones usually that need convincing.

Surely you would consider the various hard liners of Dems and Pubs who block up their ears and who vote their party line regardless of Facts, as the stupid and thoughtless? So why are you saying that the independants, who are the usual Swing vote and whom Romney and Obama are fighting over, are the thoughtless and stupid?

The stupid and thoughtless are already spoken for. The lack of much change in polling is another indication of that.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#35    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 September 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Could that have something to do with the fact that Romney was the most likely of the least likely possibilities to beat Obama?

Could it be something as simple as more people agree with Obama and his policies than agree with Romney and whatever he is saying that day?

#36    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,754 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostWookietim, on 21 September 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Could it be something as simple as more people agree with Obama and his policies than agree with Romney and whatever he is saying that day?
No...it couldn't and it's not.  The Media is The Polling Data.  They create polls to ...make..news.  That is how simple it all is.  The Government is NOT our friend and neither is the Media.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#37    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

View Postjoc, on 22 September 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

No...it couldn't and it's not.  The Media is The Polling Data.  They create polls to ...make..news.  That is how simple it all is.  The Government is NOT our friend and neither is the Media.

So... basically if the polls don't agree with what you want, then there must be a huge over-arching conspiracy between the white house and the media to control people's minds?

#38    joc

joc

• 12,754 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostWookietim, on 22 September 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

So... basically if the polls don't agree with what you want, then there must be a huge over-arching conspiracy between the white house and the media to control people's minds?
You are missing the point.   I don't care what the polls say.  They are all manipulative BS...yes...from the White House and the Media.  Do you really think that NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, and the AP are news reporting agencies?  They are not.  They are propoganda machines.  The sooner you realize that, the clearer the picture of reality will be.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#39    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,623 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

View Postjoc, on 22 September 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

You are missing the point.   I don't care what the polls say.  They are all manipulative BS...yes...from the White House and the Media.  Do you really think that NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, and the AP are news reporting agencies?  They are not.  They are propoganda machines.  The sooner you realize that, the clearer the picture of reality will be.

Well, Gallup is and they are reporting about the same. Pew research is, they report about the same. And their economic future depends on not being too fat off.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#40    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostWookietim, on 21 September 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Because the GOP media led by Fox News is so good at focusing on important things... Oh, wait, they are focusing on a Obama video made over a decade ago. They are focusing on a speech that used the word "That" instead of "Those" from a few months ago.

The "GOP media" - a huge percentage of which is only available on AM radio.

And yes, a United States President showing his support of Marxist practices is news in my opinion.  Funny how that video didn't have to be edited isn't it.

Don't you find it sad that the only critical interview of the President had to come from freaking UNIVISION?  And even then, what do the major networks focus on - Romney's make up was too Hispanic looking when he did his UNIVISION interview.  Seriously?

Even when the President goes on David Letterman and lies about the Benghazi attacks and completely contradicts his own Administration's statements - any questions from the major media?  Nope.

Edited by Rafterman, 22 September 2012 - 01:19 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#41    joc

joc

• 12,754 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

Okay folks, here it is THIS explains it all.
I see that no one really took the time to look at my charts but go back and do so with this in mind:

The early voting of 2008 led to the exodus of the stock market which caused unemployment to escalate before the election.  Obama didn't inherit anything from Bush...he caused it.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#42    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,623 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

View Postjoc, on 23 September 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

Okay folks, here it is THIS explains it all.
I see that no one really took the time to look at my charts but go back and do so with this in mind:

The early voting of 2008 led to the exodus of the stock market which caused unemployment to escalate before the election.  Obama didn't inherit anything from Bush...he caused it.

You grasp  any straw along the way you find, dontcha?

This election will be decided by who has the most compelling solution for medicare as the majority that will be bothered to vote are either recipients or about to be. And in view of the fact that most of them now have lower medicine bills (somewhere on this forum there is a corresponding thread) and that Romney wants to go back to "the old ways" the point will be pretty obvious. Unless of course he flip-flops again, then you could get Obama in white.

But maybe it is the color after all.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#43    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,916 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Romney isn't ahead (of where he is now) because he's not campaigning in the swing states.  He's not spending his resources on reaching out to people who are capable of changing their minds, which is a huge strategic blunder.  If this is how this businessman runs a business, I am not impressed.  

Romney is good at raising money from his supporters and so far that's all I can tell he's good at.   He better have grand slam home runs in store for the debates or he doesn't have a prayer.   I suspect Obama is going to walk all over him in the debates, because Romney doesn't have the record or the credibility to challenge Obama on much of anything as major issues go.

Romney will lose Ohio.  Romney will lose the election.  It really is almost as simple as that.  Or even simpler, because it doesn't even matter who wins.   We're intractably committed to our policies and neither of these puppets is going to change them.   People who are so interested in this election...I have to wonder why.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#44    joc

joc

• 12,754 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 23 September 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

You grasp  any straw along the way you find, dontcha?

This election will be decided by who has the most compelling solution for medicare as the majority that will be bothered to vote are either recipients or about to be. And in view of the fact that most of them now have lower medicine bills (somewhere on this forum there is a corresponding thread) and that Romney wants to go back to "the old ways" the point will be pretty obvious. Unless of course he flip-flops again, then you could get Obama in white.

But maybe it is the color after all.
I have no idea what you are even talking about but it seems to have something to do with race bating.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#45    joc

joc

• 12,754 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostYamato, on 23 September 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Romney isn't ahead (of where he is now) because he's not campaigning in the swing states.  He's not spending his resources on reaching out to people who are capable of changing their minds, which is a huge strategic blunder.  If this is how this businessman runs a business, I am not impressed.  

Romney is good at raising money from his supporters and so far that's all I can tell he's good at.   He better have grand slam home runs in store for the debates or he doesn't have a prayer.   I suspect Obama is going to walk all over him in the debates, because Romney doesn't have the record or the credibility to challenge Obama on much of anything as major issues go.

Romney will lose Ohio.  Romney will lose the election.  It really is almost as simple as that.  Or even simpler, because it doesn't even matter who wins.   We're intractably committed to our policies and neither of these puppets is going to change them.   People who are so interested in this election...I have to wonder why.
Do you recall the elections of 2010?  That is what the elections of 2012 are going to bring...landslide.   You wonder why people are interested in this election?  You don't live in the US do you?  If you are really as clueless as you seem about the most pivotal election in decades, then I don't know what to tell you.

The charts explain when, precisely, the economy began to falter.   It had everything to do with Fear of Obama.  People simply did not trust Obama and felt their hard earned monies were at risk, so, as the election neared and it became more concrete that Obama was going to win, people protected their assetts by taking them out of the Stock Market.  This started a deliaterious effect from which we haven't recovered.  Obama, Pelosi, and Reid shoved Obamacare down the throats of a population that wanted none of it...and the end result of that will be a landslide for Romney.  Many believe, as do I, that the US will never recover if we suffer 4 more years of Obamanomics.   Our Liberty is at stake,  Our Economy is at stake.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users