Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Banned from the Bible

muslim

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muslim

• verax-acis

• IamsSon

• Mainpoint

This is why Christians don’t include Mohammad in their “men of GOD” list. It seems to Christians that Muslims are far more interested in working directly against Christians and (Jews) than anything else. I’ve been watching your posts and besides the “ask a Muslim” thread you have primarily focused on painting Christianity in a negative light.

Now…as far as I know, Mohammad said that genuine Christians had nothing to fear. Therefore don’t you think your focus should be more on “submission to GOD’s will” rather then the anti Christian agenda you seem to be focused on? With all the hedonists, materialists, and non theists out there you seem focused on the Christians. That means you can add yourself to the long list of people against Christianity.

I’m not Muslim but I would much rather someone be Muslim then the myriad of other alternatives.

It just seems to me you should be much more worried about people obeying GOD’s laws than whether or not they are Christian.

linked-image

I see many christians like to "critically" look at other religions but refuse to do that for their own. Very informative. :tu:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...+from+the+bible

Christians, if you dont want to doubt the Bible then dont watch. Its a very interesting documentary made by the discovery channel.

Have you actually interacted with any of he Christians around UM? We regularly endure being told our God is at best a spoiled 3 year old at worst a homicidal terrorist, if He exists at all with our faith completely unmarred and you want to insinuate that this documentary may actually cause us to doubt?

Have you actually interacted with any of he Christians around UM? We regularly endure being told our God is at best a spoiled 3 year old at worst a homicidal terrorist, if He exists at all with our faith completely unmarred and you want to insinuate that this documentary may actually cause us to doubt?

:huh:

I didnt get what you were commenting

lol me too. Your God is a 3 year old terrorist :S

This is why Christians don’t include Mohammad in their “men of GOD” list. It seems to Christians that Muslims are far more interested in working directly against Christians and (Jews) than anything else. I’ve been watching your posts and besides the “ask a Muslim” thread you have primarily focused on painting Christianity in a negative light.

Now…as far as I know, Mohammad said that genuine Christians had nothing to fear. Therefore don’t you think your focus should be more on “submission to GOD’s will” rather then the anti Christian agenda you seem to be focused on? With all the hedonists, materialists, and non theists out there you seem focused on the Christians. That means you can add yourself to the long list of people against Christianity.

I’m not Muslim but I would much rather someone be Muslim then the myriad of other alternatives.

It just seems to me you should be much more worried about people obeying GOD’s laws than whether or not they are Christian.

Well I thank you first of all for speaking in a nice way. Secondly, this is a forum dedicated to discussing religion. Sure, I mostly like to discuss Christianity but thats only because I know about it more then other religions and I find that Christians are the closest to Muslims since both of us believe in Christ peace be upon him so I like to have discussions thats all. Yes the Quran says that there are good Christians and bad Christians but that shouldnt not make me want to discuss religion with them. Also this topic is very important and this documentary is the best done so far regarding that topic and so I figured it would be nice to share it and interesting to see what other members would think about it (both Christians and non Christians esp sicne we have some very well informed and educated members on this forum).

Many worse subjects were discussed here, you didnt ask those to not discuss it. So why when I start discussing this, you, well, I dont know what to call it, maybe, make a big deal? If you're offended I am sorry, its just a very interesting topic. I believe in Jesus and I believe in the Bible also thus critisizing it isnt to disrespect it or Christians its just discussing something which I believe in, the same way a Christian has the right to discuss the OT.

You could get offended if a Jew were to crtisize the NT sine he doesnt believe in it. But I believe in the NT and the Ot and all the previous revelations so I can discuss them critically. I mean, if I was Christian I dont think you would have cared as much as you do now that a Muslim is posting this documentary. Well, if Christian means and only means one who follows Christ, I think God I am a Christian.

Well I thank you first of all for speaking in a nice way. Secondly, this is a forum dedicated to discussing religion. Sure, I mostly like to discuss Christianity but thats only because I know about it more then other religions and I find that Christians are the closest to Muslims since both of us believe in Christ peace be upon him so I like to have discussions thats all. Yes the Quran says that there are good Christians and bad Christians but that shouldnt not make me want to discuss religion with them. Also this topic is very important and this documentary is the best done so far regarding that topic and so I figured it would be nice to share it and interesting to see what other members would think about it (both Christians and non Christians esp sicne we have some very well informed and educated members on this forum).

Many worse subjects were discussed here, you didnt ask those to not discuss it. So why when I start discussing this, you, well, I dont know what to call it, maybe, make a big deal? If you're offended I am sorry, its just a very interesting topic. I believe in Jesus and I believe in the Bible also thus critisizing it isnt to disrespect it or Christians its just discussing something which I believe in, the same way a Christian has the right to discuss the OT.

You could get offended if a Jew were to crtisize the NT sine he doesnt believe in it. But I believe in the NT and the Ot and all the previous revelations so I can discuss them critically. I mean, if I was Christian I dont think you would have cared as much as you do now that a Muslim is posting this documentary. Well, if Christian means and only means one who follows Christ, I think God I am a Christian.

Fair enough!!!

This banned from the bible episode is fascinating. I think it was a history channel special, or maybe discovery channel. It’s kind of funny you posted this now. I just finished my first novel and it is based on Enoch. It specifically deals with the legends in this video and is an offshoot of the Nephilim verse in Genesis. I’m now looking to find a publisher.

I commend your efforts of such ettiquett. I too find the topic of much interest as well as interesting. I see your point and would'nt mind disscussing the many common and uncommon topics between the bible , and the koran. I do know this much and You might agree , Im guessing, but the first five books remain unchanged in both holy books. That in itself is worth an in depth look at what it may hold for all of the interests from within the acual contents. Ive been studying the bible for a good 31 years now and will always remain, like a child to what it holds for me wich is no rightor wrong to pass on as a opinion, but a validitation of truths personaly I have relaearned with a newness of the message with a gladness know im still and always be in the disciple stage not the aposle stage.

I think this thread is a fresh approach to attract others of interests without the argueing of ,, The invitation to discuss is a good one. Thanks for sharing

so far.lol

Abecrombie :tu:

:huh:

What I was trying to say, is that Christians' faith, especially those around here, is not so weak that a documentary on Discovery is going to affect their faith.

muslim, from what I've seen and from what we have both debated.... no you don't!

do know this much and You might agree , Im guessing, but the first five books remain unchanged in both holy books.

which both books? If you mean the Quran then no because the Quran is a different book then the Bible. The Quran is a completely different book then the Bible, they are two seperate books.

I commend your efforts of such ettiquett. I too find the topic of much interest as well as interesting. I see your point and would'nt mind disscussing the many common and uncommon topics between the bible , and the koran. I do know this much and You might agree , Im guessing, but the first five books remain unchanged in both holy books. That in itself is worth an in depth look at what it may hold for all of the interests from within the acual contents. Ive been studying the bible for a good 31 years now and will always remain, like a child to what it holds for me wich is no rightor wrong to pass on as a opinion, but a validitation of truths personaly I have relaearned with a newness of the message with a gladness know im still and always be in the disciple stage not the aposle stage.

I think this thread is a fresh approach to attract others of interests without the argueing of ,, The invitation to discuss is a good one. Thanks for sharing

so far.lol

Abecrombie

Thank you for ur reply, thank u very much :)

muslim, from what I've seen and from what we have both debated.... no you don't!

lol compared to u of course i dont.

I spelled it wrong , I had a feeling , the first five books of the bible were written by moses ,. it is also called the peneuecuh. From what I remembered reading , the quoran has the same book of moses , ? I'm asking now . ? I may or may not be getting my information in the right manuscript.

Is there another holy book besides the quoran .? I mean the real one . Isnt it rare to have some of the originals. A man showed journalists the many he buried in caves hidden from insergents and osamin ben laden. whoops or sadam . it was right after 911 . I still have it recorded. He was saying that the original quoran wasnt being taught. Is there any truth to that ? Or are you familiar with this at all? I would appriciate it if I can get some input. Information is important and expecially to get it from all angles and resourcexs. Now Im all confused.

Thanks

Abecrombie :st

Sorry , Its jammed full of questions.

Edited by Abecrombie

I spelled it wrong , I had a feeling , the first five books of the bible were written by moses ,. it is also called the peneuecuh. From what I remembered reading , the quoran has the same book of moses , ? I'm asking now . ? I may or may not be getting my information in the right manuscript.

Is there another holy book besides the quoran .? I mean the real one . Isnt it rare to have some of the originals. A man showed journalists the many he buried in caves hidden from insergents and osamin ben laden. whoops or sadam . it was right after 911 . I still have it recorded. He was saying that the original quoran wasnt being taught. Is there any truth to that ? Or are you familiar with this at all? I would appriciate it if I can get some input. Information is important and expecially to get it from all angles and resourcexs. Now Im all confused.

Thanks

Abecrombie

No the Quran is a completely different and new revelation. It does not have any of the previous revelations in it. Not the OT not the Torah not the NT and none of the other books revealed by God. It was also different in the way it was revealed, it was a verbal revelation and not an inspirational one. Meaning that, it was literally authored by God and God's word. It doesnt say in the Quran that God told Moses, and Moses told God, and so on. It is litreally in God's perspective and His literal word, not inspired, but dictated. The Quran agnoledges (sp) the previous revelations since Muslims believe in all the prophets that Christians and Jews believe in. The only difference is that Muslims follow the last prophet, Mohammed who came to renew the idea of pure monotheism of God being one who is absolutely one, by one it means one who has absolutely no partners and no equals and does not begett and is not begotten. Basically, the original message of all the prophets. There is only one Quran which was written down at the time of Mohammed (the prophet of Islam) on leaves and some pieces of paper and after his death it was compiled as a book under the supervision of one of Mohammeds closest companions. That Quran which was compiled is still available today at a Museum in Turkey. Maybe you misunderstood what that guy was saying? Maybe he was saying the meaning of the Quran wasnt being taught? Whatever it is he said as regarding him having another Quran is wrong. The Quran is memorized by Muslims and has been memorized by Muslims since 1400 years. It is an obligation on every single Muslim to have a minimum of two chapters memorized. There are kids as small as 8 years old who have the entire Quran memorized. I really advise you to read it.

There once was a king who decided he did not like the scrolls and cut them up and burned them. God's solution was to just simple tell the prophet to write em again. You can never get rid of the author.

There were alot of books 'banned from the Bible' with no good reason except fear.

Two terrific books on this matter are Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament and Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scripture and the Faiths We Never Knew by professor Bart D. Ehrman (UNC). Enlightening.

Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Scriptures-Book...0067&sr=8-3

Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scripture and the Faiths We Never Knew

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Christianities-...0067&sr=8-1

Sean