Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost hunter dies after investigation

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

View Postsergeantflynn, on 29 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

If a rat-catcher goes the same way then what am I to deduce ?

You would probably deduce that it wouldn't make the news threads on UM...  

Its only her semi-celebrity status combined with the 'Ghost hunting' link that has got the story beyond her friends and family. Tragic, but not really news worthy, at least others may learn and use the masks recommended for such situations.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#17    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hmm two go in one remains so I deduce Mr Harris had a mask and Mrs Harris didn't sorry folks this whole story doesn't sit right, RIP Mrs Harris.

#18    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

The biggest tragedy here is that this made the news.... End of Story.

#19    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

okay now she has to turn into a ghost and prove that the other side exist ! dont let your dead be a waste !

#20    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Her death will be in vain.

#21    Cosmic2012

Cosmic2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• "Things are only impossible until they're not"

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I think there is plenty of relevance here.  First she was conducting an investigation when she contracted her illness (not cleaning her basement, etc)  Second this is here to remind those of us that do investigate to be mindful of the dangers you would not normally consider.  Really that is all it is, so no need to gripe about UM putting up an unworthy story.  Agreed that the headline should have read a bit different, but all in all worth mentioning.

#22    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,828 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Maybe she can come back to the rest of her team and give them good evidence.

Edit : oops, someone all ready said it......Sorry

Edited by Sakari, 29 November 2012 - 10:16 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#23    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,156 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

No disrespect for her death, but...

That's why I don't use the same bathroom stall that Batman just came out of. :w00t:

#24    Fletcher

Fletcher

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostSaru, on 29 November 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Paranormal investigator Sara Harris died from a lung infection she contracted during an investigation.

Wow!  This story scares me more than ghosts.  When investigating, I always worry about making a misstep in the dark, or hitting my head by a low beam.  I even worry about asbestos and mold, but it never occurred to me to worry about bat dung.  Many times I was nearly knee deep in the stuff.  A mask sounds like a good idea.

#25    dharma warrior

dharma warrior

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

• "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Still, the biggest risk that paranormal investigators run is that of making themselves look silly. Which is unfortunately, unavoidable.

#26    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostJGirl, on 29 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

so basically this is a news article about a woman who should have worn a mask while stirring up bat and rodent crap. common sense 101 if you ask me,
the fact that she was 'ghost hunting' is totally irrelevant to the story, and only serves to draw readers in to a tragic but not in the least compelling news item.
No,it is relevant ,in that ghost hunting,unless you're on tv ,is a,completely non productive endeavor .
That doesn't mean I do not believe in ghosts ,but doing this kind of dangerous work ,where all it is ,is to affirm to some home owner ,yeah you, have ghosts ,is meaningless.
The fact there were so many rat and bat droppings ,proves they probably weren't haunted ,but infested with noise making rodents.
Total waste .,

Miss me?

#27    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,905 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 30 November 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

No,it is relevant ,in that ghost hunting,unless you're on tv ,is a,completely non productive endeavor .
That doesn't mean I do not believe in ghosts ,but doing this kind of dangerous work ,where all it is ,is to affirm to some home owner ,yeah you, have ghosts ,is meaningless.
The fact there were so many rat and bat droppings ,proves they probably weren't haunted ,but infested with noise making rodents.
Total waste .,
that's a stretch that is being made in hindsite. there is nothing substantial in the article about the dangers of ghosthunting and animal droppings,nor did it address the haunting at all or what the droppings could have meant in relation to it. it was a lure. you know it as well as i do. persuasive wording.  lol

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#28    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,905 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostFletcher, on 29 November 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Wow!  This story scares me more than ghosts.  When investigating, I always worry about making a misstep in the dark, or hitting my head by a low beam.  I even worry about asbestos and mold, but it never occurred to me to worry about bat dung.  Many times I was nearly knee deep in the stuff.  A mask sounds like a good idea.
uh fletcher, it never occurred to you that you'd need a mask for asbestos and mold?

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#29    Fletcher

Fletcher

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 November 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

uh fletcher, it never occurred to you that you'd need a mask for asbestos and mold?

It should have.  I wasn't tearing apart the walls or sweeping up the floors, so I thought I would be alright just walking around the Okinawa abandoned hotels at night without a mask. We have giant fruit bats here which thrive in the abandoned hotels.... So thanks to this story, next time I will pack a mask.

#30    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

they sure dat she didnt die by diabetes? lol dat ghost hunter inhaled a pile of dung xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users