Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Gun at Elementary School

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,841 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

OK, my headline is misleading.  What really happened was a 7 year old was suspended for two days because he bit his pop-tart in a way that made it look like a gun.

From the article:

Children at Park Elementary School went home with a letter today explaining there was a disruption in school. Seven year old Josh Welch, and his father, say the disruption lead to a two day suspension for the second grader in Brooklyn Park.

Academics are hard for Josh, who suffers from ADHD, but he excels in art class. It is Josh's own creativity that may have gotten him into trouble.

At Park Elementary school, Josh was enjoying his breakfast pastry when he decided to try and shape it into a mountain.

Josh said, "It was already a rectangle and I just kept on biting it and biting it and tore off the top and it kinda looked like a gun but it wasn't."

Josh takes full responsibly for trying to shape his breakfast pastry, but admits it was in innocent fun. He told FOX45, "All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain but, it didn't look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun kinda."

http://foxbaltimore....ml#.UTNAVqJaWSr

Please America, can we stop this insanity???  The kid had a pop-tart fro crying out loud!

#2    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,630 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I think it was a week ago another kid got susended for pointing his finger like a gun.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#3    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

My neighbor whos 2 years older than me got in trouble for the same thing. When we were in Elementary School. Just expressing his creativity in Art Class and drew a gun because his dad is a Amherst Cop, and is in the Air Force. Got suspended for like 2 days

Edited by stevemagegod, 04 March 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,106 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

POPULAR

This is why kids are dumber than ever. You've got people in positions of power that concentrate on this kind of garbage rather than teaching children math and science. I'm so glad I don't have kids in this day and age. Idiots.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#5    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Is this evil behaviour? Not at all. This is what happens when the liberal unions hold all the power in the education system (a worldwide phenomenon) and they try to demonize children for being children.

When i was a kid (which wasn't too long ago) we used to have sword fights with sticks and run around the bush with plastic guns. Guess what. Everyone involved in those childhood games grew up and became model citizens without any criminal record. Now this kid will have a record, and will not be afforded the same chances in life.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill, 04 March 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#6    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,765 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Sometimes I want to grab the people who made this decision and shake them.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#7    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,630 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 04 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Is this evil behaviour? Not at all. This is what happens when the liberal unions hold all the power in the education system (a worldwide phenomenon) and they try to demonize children for being children.

When i was a kid (which wasn't too long ago) we used to have sword fights with sticks and run around the bush with plastic guns. Guess what. Everyone involved in those childhood games grew up and became model citizens without any criminal record. Now this kid will have a record, and will not be afforded the same chances in life.

And they want to know why they've got to drug their kids.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

I think schools are overreacting to this.  Kids will be kids, unless they are bringing a real one to class let it go.

#9    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• 1,907 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

I think some of these poor teachers have got serious gun anxiety. I don't see how some of them can teach class, when they're worried about guns at the back of their minds all the time.

There needs to be a psychological evaluation of the teacher, every time he/she throws a hissy fit about some kid drawing or chewing food into a shape of a gun. This is a serious problem, it's getting ridiculous and needs attention ASAP.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,630 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostPurifier, on 04 March 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I think some of these poor teachers have got serious gun anxiety. I don't see how some of them can teach class, when they're worried about guns at the back of their minds all the time.

There needs to be a psychological evaluation of the teacher, every time he/she throws a hissy fit about some kid drawing or chewing food into a shape of a gun. This is a serious problem, it's getting ridiculous and needs attention ASAP.

You have to include thbe school board, the princple, the department of education as well in your statement.

#11    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• 1,907 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

View Postdanielost, on 05 March 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

You have to include thbe school board, the princple, the department of education as well in your statement.

Lol. Couldn't hurt, but the teachers in the classrooms are the ones who have the pull though. It starts with them. It's their word against the kids and parents. Their word is gold, apparently.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,630 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostHilander, on 04 March 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

I think schools are overreacting to this.  Kids will be kids, unless they are bringing a real one to class let it go.

That seemd to be whast they are tryung to do, stop kids being kids.  That is why obamax wants kids to start head start at 4.  But, the so called advantage for doing that disappears in thrd grade.

#13    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

This is beyond ridiculous.

Undated letter from J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#14    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,050 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostStellar, on 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

Sometimes I want to grab the people who made this decision and shake them.

Stellar, someone probably already beat you to it, by a few decades.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#15    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,096 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Here is something similarly ridiculous..

Conservative Actor: Teacher Threatened Police Action & Questioned My Son’s ‘Mental State’ Over Photo of a BB Gun at School

Actor, entrepreneur, and writer Joseph C. Phillips, best known for his roles as Martin Kendall on “The Cosby Show” and Justus Ward on “General Hospital,” says his son’s school threatened police action after the student showed his friends a picture of his new BB gun. They also reportedly questioned his “mental state.”
Phillips explained for radio host Tony Katz on Saturday that California social studies teacher James DeLarme was walking by when he saw Phillips’ son and his friends looking at the picture. The 15-year-old has been working part time and chose to buy the Airsoft BB gun with his earnings, his dad said, and wanted to show his new purchase to his friends.
The teacher “snatched” the camera out of his hands, and when the teen asked when he would get it back, the teacher reportedly responded: “That’s for the police to decide.”
“It’s just a picture, Tony!” Phillips told the radio host. “There were no threats involved; there was no horseplay, monkey business happening at the time. It was my son’s camera; he shows it to his friends, who are all very interested and excited about it as well. The teacher happens by, snatches the camera, and that’s when the real nonsense began…”
The teacher then allegedly took the camera to another teacher, who said she was “disturbed” by the image. After scrolling through the entire memory and returning the camera, the teachers began to question the “mental state” of Phillips’ son, he said.
“Do you have any animosity towards any of your classmates?” the student was reportedly asked. “Are you happy?”
“Now, this guy…listen, at this point, I’m not sure he’s qualified to teach social studies,” Phillips interjected. “He certainly isn’t qualified to psychoanalyze my kid.”
What’s worse — Phillips says he didn’t find out about the incident until roughly five days later, when his son told him.
When he sent a letter of complaint to the school’s principal, a vice principal allegedly responded in defense of the teachers, saying they did the right thing for the safety of the other students.
Perhaps most alarming, Phillips added, is that “not one person” at the school thought to inform the parents of the altercation.
“If Mr. DeLarme truly believed my son presented a danger, both my wife and I should have been notified immediately!” Phillips pointed out.
Phillips concluded with a word on how “ridiculousness is passing for common sense” in today’s schools, adding that it seems like anyone who has a gun is guilty by default.
Somebody’s got to have some sense,” he reiterated.

http://www.theblaze....-gun-at-school/

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users