Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing Alternate Versions of People

mAxSeeman

Alright, so I had this really weird experience happen to me recently. I was at my local pizza place when i saw an old acqaintance come up to me and we started chatting. The weird thing about this was his friend that was standing next to him, he seemed to be sort of covering his face in front of me almost like he didn't want to be seen or something. What was more weird was how he seemed to remind me of someone i knew, but i couldn't place my finger on who exactly. I decided to say hi to him, and he said hi back with a sort of embarrassed looking smile, then he quickly left the scene with his hand covering his face again. I was still pondering on who that person reminded me of at the time, but i eventually decided to finish my chat with this old acquaintance and left the scene myself soon after. It wasn't until I was close to reaching my home (about 10 minutes away from that pizza place) that it finally hit me. I realized that the person i had just met looked exactly the same as my American friend Jarred! How can that be though? The Jarred I know lives in Florida, while this Jarred seemed to be a Canadian resident. What was also weird was how i couldn't make the connection even when i was right up in his face, almost like he had some kind of field around him that disrupted my thoughts or something.

Anyway, that story was freaky enough, but what was even more crazy was what happened to me yesterday. I was at that same pizza place, except this time i was inside the convenience store right next to it, just browsing around for any goods to buy. Then I saw someone enter the building. At first I didn't think much of it and went on with my business, but then I got a good look at who it was (i had this strange feeling of uneasiness which compelled me to look) and was completely slack-jawed. The person i saw standing before me was none other than myself! It didn't make any sense, how could there be another me standing in the same space as me? It was almost like I was looking into a mirror or something. Oddly enough, the alternate me seemed to completely ignore me – almost like he couldn't even see me. This was evidenced by the fact that he was coming towards me and didn't ask me to move or anything – I had to move myself to avoid the collision. During this entire time I was just stunned by what i was seeing and tried to process it all in my head in a rational manner. By the time I finally got it together, the alternate me already left the building. However, I saw him leave the building, but then when i looked out the window about 5 seconds later (looked away briefly because the cashier asked me if i was going to buy anything), my alternate self was nowhere to be found! This was obviously a unique experience as I have never heard of anyone meeting their own doppelgangar before. I just wonder what it means, some kind of trans-dimensional rift that surrounds that particular area? What do you guys think?

Edited by mAxSeeman

You should have asked the cashier what she/he saw to make sure you weren't hallucinating. :huh:

Not to alarm you, but are you taking any medications? Might strongly consider getting a physical and neuro examination. Also consider any family history of psychosis with onset around early adulthood.

Yeah, 100% you need to get a proper brain scan done, you could have a serious problem there buddy

I attended a lecture by a paranormal investigator who said that once, while standing in front of the kitchen window, he saw himself in the back yard. He called what he saw a verdogue, which is the same as, or a lot like, a doppelganger, I think.

• Like 1

I did get a brain scan done a couple of months ago, actually. They said everything was fine, and no, there isn't any family history of psychosis that I know of. If these really were hallucinations, then they have to be the first I've ever experienced in my whole life because I never had any past experience of seeing something as weird as this.

• Like 1

Do you have a twin? Also, if you don't mind me asking, why did you have a brain scan?

Edit: extra question

Edited by CHRIS_UK

No, I don't have a twin. I got the brain scan done because I'm half deaf, and the doctors wanted to see if there's any chance at fixing my hearing in my right ear (unfortunately that ear is a lost cause).

This would freak met out. This kinda happened to me years ago I was haveing launch out side a deli with my friend and boss.

And there was a traffic light and a mini school bus was at the light and this kid siting in the seat looked like when I was a kid really freaky

Go ask to see the store security video.

• 1 month later...

Then I saw someone enter the building. At first I didn't think much of it and went on with my business, but then I got a good look at who it was (i had this strange feeling of uneasiness which compelled me to look) and was completely slack-jawed. The person i saw standing before me was none other than myself! It didn't make any sense, how could there be another me standing in the same space as me? It was almost like I was looking into a mirror or something. Oddly enough, the alternate me seemed to completely ignore me – almost like he couldn't even see me. This was evidenced by the fact that he was coming towards me and didn't ask me to move or anything – I had to move myself to avoid the collision. During this entire time I was just stunned by what i was seeing and tried to process it all in my head in a rational manner. By the time I finally got it together, the alternate me already left the building. However, I saw him leave the building, but then when i looked out the window about 5 seconds later (looked away briefly because the cashier asked me if i was going to buy anything), my alternate self was nowhere to be found! This was obviously a unique experience as I have never heard of anyone meeting their own doppelgangar before. I just wonder what it means, some kind of trans-dimensional rift that surrounds that particular area? What do you guys think?

This is what I think: http://www.unexplain...pic=245838&st=0

Been there, done that. Only I never saw myself in two places at once. Just about a dozen other people have seen this in me though. None of them have had brain scans that I know of but then again, what are the chances of two people "hallucinating" the same "delusion" at the same time without any prompting from either one?

Edited by SSilhouette

The first could've been either someone who looked like your friend or was your friend covering his face.

The second sounds like someone who happens to look like you (I believe we have "twins") but also a vision of some kind. What was the other "you" dressed like?