Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 is NOT the end of the world

MrCool

2012 is "NOT" the end of the world.

2012%20end.jpg

According to end times Bible Prophecy correctly understood, it is impossible for the

end of the world to occur in 2012.

According to Bible prophecy the future Antichrist has to make a peace agreement with Israel that allows her to rebuild her temple. The peace agreement time span is located in Daniel 9. It is 7 years long in total and in the middle of the 7 year period the Antichrist breaks the agreement.

Since 3.5 years from the peace agreement even if it had already happened (Which it has not) puts us in 2015 before the end of the world, or Jesus' second coming. Lets use Jan 01, 2011 as a hypothetical example date for the peace agreement. If an Antichrist had come to power and made a peace agreement on Jan 01, 2011, then his breaking of the peace agreement would still be 3.5 years away.

That puts us in 2015-2016 time frame. Real believers in Jesus Christ who understand this prophecy correctly, know for sure nothing can happen as far as the end of the world is concerned before this peace agreement by the Antichrist is made. It happens first.

Here are the scriptures that point this out clearly. NOTE: These scriptures below related to the Antichrist, the peace agreement and the desolation of the 3rd rebuilt Jewish temple have never yet come to pass in history. They are still future.

Daniel 9:26-27

After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolation's have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven. In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

A seven means what Jews refer to as a week of years, or 7 years per week or one seven. Basically what you have here is what Jesus was referring to in respect to the future Antichrist and the future desolation of a 3rd rebuilt Jewish temple. Where the scripture states: "in the middle of the seven," this is where the Antichrist stops the sacrifice and breaks the peace agreement. Ok here is the scripture where Jesus is referring to the desolation of the temple spoken by the prophet Daniel.

Matthew 24:15-17

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’spoken of through the prophet Daniel then let the reader understand 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak.

Ok these are the scriptures that convince me that 2012 is not the end of the world. There is no rebuilt Jewish temple yet, no peace agreement yet and they are required before the Antichrist can rise to desolate the temple.

--- end of excerpt -----

http://sites.google.com/site/pointprophetic/endtimessigns

Edited by MrCool

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlimJim22

• Bracket

• Rlyeh

• lostinthecrowd

Well, that's true if you're a christian. I don't think it will happen either, but i don't feel that way because any religious affiliation. I just see no evidence for it.

Well, that's true if you're a christian. I don't think it will happen either, but i don't feel that way because any religious affiliation. I just see no evidence for it.

Yah, I'm on the same opinion with you on that one.

just isn't anything that hints at it.

No, the world wont end in 2012. But its not due to any religious beliefs of old texts.

Saying the 2012 prophecy is untrue because of an ancient religious text is as ridiculous as believing it in the first place.

We survived Y2k, mad cow, anthrax, swine-flu, SARS, 9/11, 06/06/06, bird-flu... we'll be alright.

Saying the 2012 prophecy is untrue because of an ancient religious text is as ridiculous as believing it in the first place.

Soo true. :w00t: Edited by Venonat

I agree.

Also i am not married yet and I believe the world will end when i do...lol

Yah, I'm on the same opinion with you on that one.

just isn't anything that hints at it.

I'm with you guys on that one.

i don't think the world will end either, but i'm curious what are the main reasons people think it will besides religion and increased natural disasters?

oh and please don't say the mayans predicted it because they didn't! LOL

This is the reason it won't happen, because another crazy doomsday prophecy says so?! Right..

Everyone's been saying cause of all the bad stuff thats been happening it might end. I think its silly, bad stuff happens all the time, just cause its 2011 everyones like oh, 2012 is nearly here. Plus I was told the Mayans never actually say the world ends, its just their calender ends.

One thing I joke about with people in my family who believe it is that it says the worlds going to end on the 21...well the world can't be on the same time zone so does that mean that NZ and australia are gonna be destroyed on the 21 while the rest of the world just watches on ???

I usually get them there haha

Everyone's been saying cause of all the bad stuff thats been happening it might end. I think its silly, bad stuff happens all the time, just cause its 2011 everyones like oh, 2012 is nearly here. Plus I was told the Mayans never actually say the world ends, its just their calender ends.

One thing I joke about with people in my family who believe it is that it says the worlds going to end on the 21...well the world can't be on the same time zone so does that mean that NZ and australia are gonna be destroyed on the 21 while the rest of the world just watches on ???

I usually get them there haha

The furthest I am willing to go is that a massive solar storm could knock out much of our technology with a huge EMP. In a worst case scenario this could cause natural disasters on a mammoth scale culminating in a super volcano. Lord knows I don't want this to occur but it is a scientific possibility even if it is quite remote in it's probability.

Good video on it from a scientist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdqr2v1rTQ

We have a weakening or thinning magnetosphere with holes that is allowing more stellar radiation to enter our atmosphere and a pole shift or reversal is possible but highly unlikely imo. I really hope nothing at all occurs but we'll wait and see.

I find it funny how people think they know when the end of the world is even though in the bible it states that NO ONE KNOWS.

@ SlimJim I toght we cleared out that solar flares and tectonics are not connected :)

As I recall, Searcher's analogy of a brick in a microwave sort of emphasized that it would have to be a massive solar flare to affect the earths tectonics. I appreciate where he was coming from on this but the fact is that we don't know an awful lot about how some things work. A lot of skeptics are so sure of themselves that they think we know everything when we do not, this can make them bias and unwilling to consider all of the variables. I on the other hand am slightly biased the other way. I find the plasmaverse theory fascinating and though I am not scientifically trained it would make a fair bit of sense if all was connecetd by subtle means that are not easily observable.

EM is something that we are now more able to observe and we know effects the earth in all sorts of ways. The sun is also the source of much EM so though the super volcano theory as linking with EM has no basis in fact it is a coincidence that Yellowstone has been active so the scientists say. This does not mean an eruption is innevitable but the scientists are defnitiely paying attention to it.

That is only one way that EM can effect us though and as Prof. Kaku explains there are many other threats as we approach 2012 and it is just a case of looking at all the potential variables and factors that add to the mix. This is new ground and the best thing we can do is accept how little we know about the future. I'll go out on a limb and say it's not the end of the world but we may have to endure strife.

.topbul1d.gif1881: Mother Shipton, (1488 - 1561), a 16th century mystic predicted the end of the world: "...The world to an end shall come; in eighteen hundred and eighty-one."

topbul1d.gif1891 or before: On 1835-FEB-14, Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon church, attended a meeting of church leaders. He said that the meeting had been called because God had commanded it. He announced that Jesus would return within 56 years -- i.e. before 1891-FEB-15. (History of the Church 2:182)

topbul1d.gif1914 was one of the more important estimates of the start of the war of Armageddon by the Jehovah's Witnesses (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society). They based their prophecy of 1914 from prophecy in the book of Daniel, Chapter 4. The writings referred to "seven times". The WTS interpreted each "time" as equal to 360 days, giving a total of 2520 days. This was further interpreted as representing 2520 years, measured from the starting date of 607 BCE. This gave 1914 as the target date. When 1914 passed, they changed their prediction; 1914 became the year that Jesus invisibly began his rule.

topbul1d.gif1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994, etc. were other dates that the Watchtower Society (WTS) or its members predicted. topbul2d.gifSince late in the 19th century, they had taught that the "battle of the Great Day of God Almighty" (Armageddon) would happen in 1914 CE. It didn't.

topbul2d.gifThe next major estimate was 1925. Watchtower magazine predicted: "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914; but it would be presumptuous on the part of any faithful follower of the Lord to assume just what the Lord is going to do during that year."

6topbul2d.gifThe Watchtower Society selected 1975 as its next main prediction. This was based on the estimate "according to reliable Bible chronology Adam was created in the year 4026 BCE, likely in the autumn of the year, at the end of the sixth day of creation." 8 They believed that the year 1975 a promising date for the end of the world, as it was the 6,000th anniversary of Adam's creation. Exactly 1,000 years was to pass for each day of the creation week. This prophecy also failed

. topbul2d.gifThe current estimate is that the end of the world as we know it will happen precisely 6000 years after the creation of Eve. 9 There is no way of knowing when this happened.topbul2d.gifMore details on the WTS predictions.

topbul1d.gifhttp://www.religious...rg/end_wrl2.htm

1919: Meteorologist Albert Porta predicted that the conjunction of 6 planets would generate a magnetic current that would cause the sun to explode and engulf the earth on DEC-17.

In 2006 - June 6th was one of the biggest panics I saw...........and yet it failed just like any other date given

Many religious people tend to move the dates up the sec they see a failure

I do not get why so many look forward to world ending? I mean are you sooo p***ed off with your life that much?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I think you'll find the Mayan Callender was actually counting down to the London Olympic Games...

I think you'll find the Mayan Callender was actually counting down to the London Olympic Games...

Ah, touche sir, touche. And there's been big solar flares before, nothing new.

Ah, touche sir, touche. And there's been big solar flares before, nothing new.

If we had a solar storm the size of the Carrington Event then it certainly would be something new. It could knock out energy grids and communication satelites. You can imagine the sort of chaos that could cause in this day and age.

If we had a solar storm the size of the Carrington Event then it certainly would be something new. It could knock out energy grids and communication satelites. You can imagine the sort of chaos that could cause in this day and age.

It could knock out all that indeed. However Slim, and you said it yourself, it's a worse case scenario, on which people need to stop fixating! The odds of it actually happening are 5% and I'm being generous here. This maximum looks like it will be weaker than average it seems, info from our friends at NASA.

The ones that hit in 1989 did cause a few problems in March and in August. In March, six million people went without power for nine hours.

Total number of deaths = 0

In August, the computers running one stock exchange crashed, leaving some shareholders without the minute-by-minute reports on how their shares were doing

Total number of deaths = 0

If we got one that was as severe, then it is possible that some people find themselves incapable of Twitting for a few hours. I'm sure that it will be the end of the world for some :P .

If you look at the graph below, you'll notice that the tendency is downwards again since about 1989.

maunderminimum.jpg

Now for those wanting to keep an eye on the "space weather", go here, again, curtsey of NASA.

And I'll remind people again, a solar storm or solar eruption does not cause any influence on tectonic plates, nor does it provoke volcanic eruptions, or earthquakes.

Even if these quite extreme and unlikely events occured we would still survive in the long run. For anyone who gets caught up in a disaster, it is the End for them so if disasters increase because of climate change or whatever then it will be the end for more people. The real opporutunity is for science to study what is going on and learn more about cosmology and how the variou spheres interact with us. You know I think that EM can affect us in all sorts of different ways. I link my own condition to the Halloween storm of 2003 and think that contemporay history in general and 2012 in particular point to a shift in consciousness. More than the end this is the beginning of an acceptance that there is much we need to learn in regards to consciousness and coincidences, mind, matter and spirit through a scientific examination of gnosis. There may be trials that accompany a change of age, and I know you are probably scoffing but in a subtle almost indescribable way something is happening as I am sure has happened many times before when an evolution of thought process was pending.

The one thing that is different now from anytime in the past when the planet faced catastrophe. I am talking about the link between mind and technology. Technology is an extension of ourselves and if we cannot apply technology to find solutions then perhaps we are not worthy to be custodians of this planet and over centuries there will be no change and this planet will gradually wither. Worst case scenario for sure but I only say it to emphasize that 2012 may be a point where we make a decision. We can either have skeptics and believers who vehemently disagree ot we can shift both sides to the core and explore common ground in order to learn about out experience of life but from spiritual and scientific perspectives using technology to go deeper and understand but just to change and improve everything we are.

As Sarah Connor's co-worker waitress so blithely pointed out in the Terminator as the little boy placed a full scoop of ice-cream into her apron pocket (know the feeling, little terrors !!!) ...

"Look at this way, in a hundred years whose gonna care?"

Oh but that was yet another blockbuster movie that proved what just keeps getting proved over and over, we have a morbid fascination with our own demise, the bigger and grander the better - Lights, camera, action please :devil:

I find it funny how people think they know when the end of the world is even though in the bible it states that NO ONE KNOWS.

Yeah, it also states there are windows in the sky.

.topbul1d.gif1881: Mother Shipton, (1488 - 1561), a 16th century mystic predicted the end of the world: "...The world to an end shall come; in eighteen hundred and eighty-one."

topbul1d.gif1891 or before: On 1835-FEB-14, Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon church, attended a meeting of church leaders. He said that the meeting had been called because God had commanded it. He announced that Jesus would return within 56 years -- i.e. before 1891-FEB-15. (History of the Church 2:182)

topbul1d.gif1914 was one of the more important estimates of the start of the war of Armageddon by the Jehovah's Witnesses (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society). They based their prophecy of 1914 from prophecy in the book of Daniel, Chapter 4. The writings referred to "seven times". The WTS interpreted each "time" as equal to 360 days, giving a total of 2520 days. This was further interpreted as representing 2520 years, measured from the starting date of 607 BCE. This gave 1914 as the target date. When 1914 passed, they changed their prediction; 1914 became the year that Jesus invisibly began his rule.

topbul1d.gif1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994, etc. were other dates that the Watchtower Society (WTS) or its members predicted. topbul2d.gifSince late in the 19th century, they had taught that the "battle of the Great Day of God Almighty" (Armageddon) would happen in 1914 CE. It didn't.

topbul2d.gifThe next major estimate was 1925. Watchtower magazine predicted: "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914; but it would be presumptuous on the part of any faithful follower of the Lord to assume just what the Lord is going to do during that year."

6topbul2d.gifThe Watchtower Society selected 1975 as its next main prediction. This was based on the estimate "according to reliable Bible chronology Adam was created in the year 4026 BCE, likely in the autumn of the year, at the end of the sixth day of creation." 8 They believed that the year 1975 a promising date for the end of the world, as it was the 6,000th anniversary of Adam's creation. Exactly 1,000 years was to pass for each day of the creation week. This prophecy also failed

. topbul2d.gifThe current estimate is that the end of the world as we know it will happen precisely 6000 years after the creation of Eve. 9 There is no way of knowing when this happened.topbul2d.gifMore details on the WTS predictions.

topbul1d.gifhttp://www.religious...rg/end_wrl2.htm

1919: Meteorologist Albert Porta predicted that the conjunction of 6 planets would generate a magnetic current that would cause the sun to explode and engulf the earth on DEC-17.

In 2006 - June 6th was one of the biggest panics I saw...........and yet it failed just like any other date given

Many religious people tend to move the dates up the sec they see a failure

I do not get why so many look forward to world ending? I mean are you sooo p***ed off with your life that much?

I actually created a thread about these events for the same reason.