Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dean R Koontz

How many others here find Dean R Koontz's books appealing. I've mainly read his older work but love the way he interweaves story lines that could quite possibly be happening now if not then the not to distant future.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tia

• reese2

• doomgirl

• AliceCoopersGirl

I have never read any of his books, I've also heard that he copyies a lot of stephan kings work, and changes it around to make it his

Dean Koontz (he's dropped the R now) is one of my favourite authors along with Stephen King and I can quite honestly say that I have read everything that both guys have written.

Konntz's stories are fantastic with characters that you really end up caring about and there IS NO WAY THAT HE COPIES KING'S WORK.

For first timers - try the Christopher Snow novel's. I won't say anything more but they are sure worth a try.

Dean Koontz (he's dropped the R now) is one of my favourite authors along with Stephen King and I can quite honestly say that I have read everything that both guys have written.

I am with you here... I love both of their writings. I have read everything from each author, except for the last year. I haven't read anyone else's work, since I am writing my own.. I wouldn't want to ever be accused of having used another Authors work... blink.gifohmy.gif

Edited by reese2

I found out that it was Dean Koontz's first book that he copied from Stephan King and once I find the information I'll post it

Thanks for replying everyone. Sorry Boddhi I didn't know he'd dropped the R, I borrow his books from the library nowadays ( tight budget disgust.gif ) so most of the stuff I read is pretty old.

I started on Stephen King before being introduced to Dean Koontz's The Watchers about 17yrs ago. The Watchers is still my favourite book, though they should destroy the movie version. mad.gif

Dean Koontz is far better then King.(some of his books are ok but they go off track too many times that you lose the plot and have to go back 3 or 4 pages.S.K that is)

So Far I have read all of Dean Koontz Books. Wonderfully written. Have you all read John Saul ?? just about the same writing different plots but great all the same original.gif

I like Koontz's "The Servants of Twilight". I'm hoping to pick up more when I get back home.

I like Stephen King... but some of his later work can be long, and well... convoluted ("It" being a good example of this).

I love Dean Koontz, read practically everything he wrote. I also think that right now he's better than King. It went kinda downhill for Stephen after the carcrash he was in.

But let's be honest... King really set the bar for Koontz. Can't beat his earlier work.user posted image

Edited by Phantom

I'm reading Rose Madder by S.King at the moment, I'm actually quite enjoying it. It's not as long winded as some of his other ones.

I know Watchers by Dean Koontz was turned into an extremely bad movie, but does anyone else know of any others?

I have only read one Dean Koontz book, several years ago, and as I recall is scared the crap outta me!!! I can't remembe the title now, but it was something like "Firewalker" or "Firestarter" about that scientist guy and his wife, and he takes a potion or gets something spilled on him and he starts regressing through evolution....I dunno why, but it scared me senseless and I never picked up one of his books again...and i LIKE being scared...weird

So Far I have read all of Dean Koontz Books. Wonderfully written. Have you all read John Saul ?? just about the same writing different plots but great all the same original.gif

John Saul is fantastic,really love his books and have them all. thumbsup.gif

I'm reading King's newest Dark Tower book- "Song of Susannah"... and guess who makes a cameo appearance? Stephen King! It's not a bad series... started reading it again when I heard he was finally going to finish it. laugh.gif

I like Koontz books alos. I am almost done with Midnight atm. Although i did screw up and buy Midnight because i thought it was the 3rd book in the series of Fear Nothing and Seize the Night. I never really looked at the copyright date and when i browsed threw the book i saw Moonlight Cove and forgot the name of the town was Moonlight Bay sad.gif . Anywats Midnight is a good book also. Does anyone know if there is a 3rd book that is related to Fear Nothing and Seize the Night ?

Hi Tia!

You know, its been so long since I read the book I can't remember, but I remember he chased his wife pretty much everywhere...trying to rape her with his de-evolved manhood. Was extremely freaky. I believe that it ended in a random person't swimming pool....

Hi Angel,

I'm pretty sure it's the one I'm thinking of as well. It's been years since I read it so I don't remember the name, maybe someone else will.

Hi jaz,

Sorry I can't help you, I think I've read midnight, is it a really old story of his? I haven't seen the others you've mentioned though, nowadays I'm stuck with borrowing library. disgust.gif

Hello Tia, yeah its one of his older storieds. I just finished it yesterday. Its about a man named Shaddack who is kinda like a Bill Gates. He runs a big computer like company and has this idea of turning people into more like machines then humans. So he infects the police and doctors of this town with the syram and well to be short about it they try to infect the whole town and things start going wrong.