Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Are we closing in on Bigfoot?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#61    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostRafterman, on 11 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

There's also the one about the miners who were attacked by Bigfeet.  I recall a scene where they were throwing boulders down on their cabin or something like that.

This is the one (or one of them). That's the scene of the miners on Mount Saint Helen's. I don't know where Bigfoot was getting all those rocks.

The one I remember was more of a professional "In Search Of" production, not this student film. It was mainly dramatizations of famous Bigfoot sightings. It had a theatrical release. It showed a map of the U.S. and how many Bigfoot reports each state had. People in the theater gasped when they showed how many Oregon had.

#62    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 11 December 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

D***, I hope bf poses for you. You take awesome photos!
No worry of a blobsquatch there. What would the bigfoot world do?
If that fails a nice pic of the Bigfoot Blimp as it sails by would be cool too.

Thanks QuiteContrary,

I didn't make it out last weekend (3 day snow storm) but I did get out 2 weeks ago. It was an interesting hike. I found and photographed a dead moose, a dead badger, and a dead deer.  Did not see any living animals but birds. I was going to post my death hike photos but didn't want to dig up the old topics related to how no one ever finds dead animals. Still looking for a dead bigfoot.

#63    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,220 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Evan, were you able to determine the cause of death of the animals you found?

Posted Image

#64    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Ha! You killed those animals to cast doubt on the truth that no one ever finds dead animals!

Confess your sins now or be forever known as the man who hikes among his own dead.

#65    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Postevancj, on 12 December 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Thanks QuiteContrary,

I didn't make it out last weekend (3 day snow storm) but I did get out 2 weeks ago. It was an interesting hike. I found and photographed a dead moose, a dead badger, and a dead deer.  Did not see any living animals but birds. I was going to post my death hike photos but didn't want to dig up the old topics related to how no one ever finds dead animals. Still looking for a dead bigfoot.

bolding mine

Not so fast, evancj. Bigfoot don't recover, bury, or eat their dead. Bigfoot shapeshift after death!
Case solved. Next!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 12 December 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#66    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

The moose was a female yearling, around the size of a full grown cow elk. It was still intact probably dead less than a week. I looked for gunshot or arrow wounds and did not see any. I didn't see any sign of it bleeding out where it was laying. There was no signs of trauma to the neck or head like what you would see with a cougar, there was no sign of trauma to the legs; front or back like what you would see with wolves. The only tracks I found were from coyote, magpies and ravens. While a coyote or coyotes could not physically bring down such a large animal with brute force, they can separate a young inexperienced calf from it's mother and cause it to panic, resulting in an mortal injury (broken leg), or running it into heat exhaustion. I have observed coyotes attempting to do this with a young moose and deer before. The moose was being eaten from the anus which is the easiest and most direct route to the good parts.

The badger, I don't know what happened to him he was pretty chewed up by the time I found him I ID'd him from the skin and hair. I use to trap and skin them in my younger days so I'm pretty confident with my ID.

The deer was a very small yearling nothing left of it but a couple legs, and a rib cage it could have been cougar, bobcat, wolf, coyote, or bear that killed it.

I will post the pics if it's alright with keninsc

Edited by evancj, 12 December 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#67    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 12 December 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

Ha! You killed those animals to cast doubt on the truth that no one ever finds dead animals!

Confess your sins now or be forever known as the man who hikes among his own dead.

You know I kind of like that title. It's a bit long but I think I can make it work.

#68    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,220 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thanks evan, the reason for my inquiry is because I recently found the remains of 4 whitetails, in close proximity. 3 of the deer I was able to determine were discarded after a hunter skinned it. It is hunting season here afterall. 1 looked like it could have been a kill by a predator, possibly a mountain lion. Nothing unusual about them really. The only puzzling thing I found was a deer leg that appeared to have been snapped off (not twisted) lying on the ground all by itself about 50 yards from the kills. The hide on the leg was still intact. Could have been anything that caused that, no unexplained mystery there. Just found it odd.

Yes QC you are correct, there is no such thing as a sasquatch. No need to heckle. Oh I know, I'm always up for a good time also.  :)

Posted Image

#69    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostStardrive, on 12 December 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Thanks evan, the reason for my inquiry is because I recently found the remains of 4 whitetails, in close proximity. 3 of the deer I was able to determine were discarded after a hunter skinned it. It is hunting season here afterall. 1 looked like it could have been a kill by a predator, possibly a mountain lion. Nothing unusual about them really. The only puzzling thing I found was a deer leg that appeared to have been snapped off (not twisted) lying on the ground all by itself about 50 yards from the kills. The hide on the leg was still intact. Could have been anything that caused that, no unexplained mystery there. Just found it odd.

Yes QC you are correct, there is no such thing as a sasquatch. No need to heckle. Oh I know, I'm always up for a good time also.  :)

Yes, I joke because I do not believe in either, but it does make sense to me for the shapeshifting or skinwalker crowd of bigfoot believers. It was a serious post but one I, yes, find unbelievable.

#70    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,220 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Well if you're looking for a dead one, where would you look? And really, since they don't exist anyways, why bother? Seems like it would be a ginormous waste of time.

As usual you're right again QC. Shapeshifter.... HA!. The ultimate chameleon. Next thing you know it'll have angel dna.  :lol:

Posted Image

#71    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostStardrive, on 12 December 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Well if you're looking for a dead one, where would you look?

I would follow the circle of scavenger birds who are often the first to find a large corpse. Wolves will often tear a corpse apart and spread the bones around.

Even a single Bigfoot femur would be unlike any bone you'd find in the forest and would be undeniable proof it exists. Sad that all researchers need is just one damn bone yet no one has found one.

#72    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,220 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postscowl, on 12 December 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Even a single Bigfoot femur would be unlike any bone you'd find in the forest and would be undeniable proof it exists. Sad that all researchers need is just one damn bone yet no one has found one.
But without the creature being catalogued, it would just be considered an oddity, or the bone of a human with a genetic defect. Inconclusive at best if found in North America.

Edited by Stardrive, 12 December 2012 - 11:15 PM.

Posted Image

#73    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

View Postscowl, on 12 December 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

I would follow the circle of scavenger birds who are often the first to find a large corpse. Wolves will often tear a corpse apart and spread the bones around.

If I was artistic, which I'm not, I'd draw a line of happy porcupines, carrying off the giant femur, like ants. And devouring it like a school of piranha.

#74    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostStardrive, on 12 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

But without the creature being catalogued, it would just be considered an oddity, or the bone of a human with a genetic defect. Inconclusive at best if found in North America.

Yeah a human that had a genetic defect... that made him nine feet tall!

Hey are there any missing nine foot tall people who were last seen in a forest?

#75    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostStardrive, on 12 December 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Well if you're looking for a dead one, where would you look? And really, since they don't exist anyways, why bother? Seems like it would be a ginormous waste of time.

As usual you're right again QC. Shapeshifter.... HA!. The ultimate chameleon. Next thing you know it'll have angel dna.  :lol:

Creeks and river banks - freshwater of course and with steep banks. When drought hits and they dry up a bit animals try to get to water and often take a fall breaking a leg or something, or can get stuck in mud.

Or a sheep farm. Sheep are small and are more easily preyed upon. I have stumbled across many a skeleton on creek banks and in sheep paddocks. Sheep are easy to spot too, the wool blows around and makes quite a nasty mess.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users