Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's oldest man dies aged 116

Saru

Jiroemon Kimura was not just the oldest living human but also the oldest human being that ever lived.

Jiroemon Kimura, born on 19 April 1897, had been recognised by the Guinness World Records as the world's oldest living person and the oldest man ever.

arrow3.gifRead more...

What a life span.

we must of been one lonely dude, anyone he grew up with was gone :(

Extraordinary in that he was so well equipped to sidestep many of the roadblocks that impede the elderly such as physical dependency and the behavioral dependencies imposed by society.

"As the only man to have ever lived for 116 years - and the oldest man whose age has been fully authenticated - he has a truly special place in world history."

That is until the next 'fully authenticated' person surpasses his age...

He was 6 when the boys flew at Kitty Hawk. 15 when the Titanic sank and 72 when man landed on the moon. In one lifetime he saw the knowledge of humanity increase many, many fold. What a blessed time to live.

Is there anyone from the 1800s left alive? If change ocures as rapidly as it did imagine a 100 years from now. I would love to live in a time where we take complete concious control of our biology. Life spans as long as you want. Time to learn and Osborb incredible amounts of knowledge.

This guy was alive to witness the Russo-Japanese War :o

Rest in peace Mr Kimura.

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

I don't believe that he is the oldest human being ever lived!

See this:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Oldest_people

What about this Egyptian queen?

http://en.wikipedia....i/Hetepheres_II (2723 to 2563 BC) , 160 years!!!!!!

'whose age has been fully authenticated' is the term they used. So I'm not sure how you'll verify how long ol' Hetepheres II lived.

What a life even this guys brothers all lived to be over 90 this saw a lot of stuff in his life.

He was 14 when the titanic sunk.

Absolutely no reason to pedantically step on people.

Sadly there are people that the merest hint of religion expression (i.e. "blessed") causes offense.

• Like 1