Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Leno out, Fallon in

BiffSplitkins

(CNN) -- On Wednesday, Jay Leno confirmed the rampant reports that he's once again departing "The Tonight Show," presumably for good this time.

He'll wrap up his 22-year run as host in spring 2014, with Jimmy Fallon officially signing on as his replacement.

"Congratulations Jimmy," Leno said. "I hope you're as lucky as me and hold on to the job until you're the old guy. If you need me, I'll be at the garage."

According to a statement from NBC, "As part of the transition, 'The Tonight Show' will be returning to its original home in 30 Rock in New York" from Leno's base of Los Angeles.

The expectation that he would leave NBC's legendary late-night program has been building recently. NBC execs told The Hollywood Reporter and The New York Times in early March that Leno was going to be out and someone else, most likely "Late Night" host Fallon, was going to be in.

READ MORE

They consider this 'BREAKING NEWS' on CNN??? Seriously???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BiffSplitkins

• StarMountainKid

• ChewiesArmy

Popular Days

We want to be entertained because we've lost the ability to entertain ourselves.

• Like 1

Personally I like Fallon far better than Leno. Fallon is a Syracuse Orange fan :tu:

Both are crap.

Leno was at least a legit stand up comedian and had some decent material early in his career. Fallon has no comedic talent at all. He rode the coattails of others on Sat Night Live, like Horatio Sanz, which, isn't saying much.

Edited by ChewiesArmy