Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

pet tales

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,176 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Share a story about your pet.

My cat tiger and his sister baby girl, decided to go through the cat door at the same time.  Eventually baby girl got tired of waiting and started grooming.  Tiger said no, he reached out and grabed baby girl's ears and rolling backward pulled her through the door.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

You have a tiger? wow, can`t beat that. I got a little westie, normal norm, eats, walkies, wees, poops, sleeps, yaps ,plays, then he eats, walkies, wees, poops, sleeps, yaps,  plays, then he eats, walkies, wees, well, you know the rest.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

My cat Morticia (RIP 2004,age 24human yrs) ,would only drink from a running sink .
If it was in a bowl ,shunned . Stagnant water in the sink ,shunned .
Had to be a running faucet.

My beloved Puff (RIP 2011,9himan years ,FIP+ ,only three legs) ,could see spirits ,and they loved to play with her ,but she would get excited .
She played with things on the floor and in the air ,that were invisible to me.

Sometimes she would look at something ,and scrunch up her face and back her head up,as if it had come right up into her face .
It was slightly unnerving .
Her back leg had been cut off when she was a baby (yes,abuse cut off kind of thing). I healed it with herbs (my vet said she wouldn't live) ,and the bone ends were just under the healed end.
Banging it would hurt,or open a wound.
She would play all excited ,and bang both feet down ,and hit the stump . It hurt .
She wouldn't allow anything over it. I discussed prosthetics . I tried a baby sock padded with cotton .
She ripped it all off .

So after one painful play romp with the invisible pals ,I said aloud ,you cannot play so rough ! She gets hurt !
Mind her !

And they never played with her again .
That was ok ,I had all the best toys .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 18 June 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Miss me?

#4    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,176 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

I had a cat in salt lake, he wouldn't put his face in water bowl. He would stick his paw in the water and lick the water off.  I guess kitty flavored water was better. Lol

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#5    Gabby56

Gabby56

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

I had a cat called Thumbilina, (she was named this because she was tiny at birth) and she would let us walk her on a leash :D but one time when we were walking her, she ran away :(

#6    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,176 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

When I came home two years ago from the hospitol.  Mamma kitty stole a sausage from my roommate and carried it all the way around tge house and gave it to me.  She missed me I think.  I miss my cats.  I have been in for two months short two months.

#7    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,176 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

When tiger and his siblings where born I put them in a plastic storage bin to keep them safe from feet.

Tiger was the smallest kitten but he was the first to do anything.  When it got where putting them back in the bin.  I turnd it its side so they could keep using it ass a bed.  But, they found a better bed.  I usually sat with my left arm across my chest.  They would clklimb up my legs, pants or no pants, all four of them would lay across my arm until they got to big to fit.

Tiger's first trip out of the room, ended with a distress call.  Mamma and I went the rescue.  There he was just pushing as hard as he could but that tub just wouldn't move mamma looked at me saying what is going on.

#8    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,176 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Sorry I need to tell these stories.

I made my bed into a canapy bed for a little while.  Tiger loved to use it as a hammic.  The current litter of kittens would play tag tiger.  But, they didn't like being up there.  He alays laid down just over my chest.  I would pet him or let him plkay tag with my hand.

He liked to play ruff, with claws. So I trained him to do so if I had my sock glove on.  He never attacked the socks on my feet.

#9    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

I have a wolf dog mix, she's about 130 lbs. and the biggest sweetie, but one day I took her for a run at like 5 in the morning. We were alone in the park and some man tried to grab me, so she ran up and literally bit out a piece of his leg. Another time we were in my folk's front yard, and I had to run inside to get something, so I looped her leash handle around a stake. When I came back out she got so excited (she was still a puppy) that she came running, and ripped the stake out.

Another time I was watching that movie 'The Polar Express' with my youngest niece. The part with the wolves howling came on, and my dog stopped, sat down by the end of the couch, and started howling too.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Cats hearing is amazing..  I keep our cats food in a cupboard under the sink... I can go into the kitchen, cats nowhere to be seen, and I quietly open the cupboard door, pull out the pouches of food, and quietly close the door again... Within seconds, I turn, and BOTH cats are sitting at my feet with their eyes half shut, waiting for me to open their food pouches and dish it out...

Sometimes when I am sitting on the computer or just watching TV..Misty ( Our tabby cat ) will sit next to me, tapping me every so often with her paw, just softly.. I will look down at her and say - Ok Misty, I'll feed you now.. Then I am distracted with something, and her tapping continues.. UNTIL zap, she sinks her claws into my leg and I jump out of my seat...That's her way of telling me - Never mind what you are doing, FEED ME NOW!!

I prefer feeding her when her brother Wallie is not around, because Wallie would eat his food up really fast just so he can help his sister, by that I mean bully her away from her food..  Most times when they are both together, I have to feed Wallie in a separate room away from Misty..He likes to go in afterwards and help misty clean her bowl.. Walie licks his bowl so much I think he is trying to lick the color off the bowl.. :P

Speaking of how well pets hearing can be... Our old dog Charlie, used to lay in front of the fire sound asleep... I would quietly open a packet of crisps ( potato chips ) and the second the bag opened, Charlie pops his head up, staring at me tail wagging.......  I use to joke about it, and say -That dogs hearing is so good, that even if he were knocked out unconscious or worse in a coma state?  He would wake up at the sound of a crisp bag being opened easy, tail wagging, nose sniffing wondering what flavour you have? :D  ....Sigh..I miss him..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 July 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#11    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,212 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Nova, my youngest cat, loves his morning playtime in the bathroom sink. If I shut him out because he's not waiting by the door when I go in... He will immediately show up outside the door and meep his little heart out because he's missing his sink time.

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

One time in salt lake.  My two cats boo and jack were outside.  I would take them outside surpervised.  Anyays one time when they wer. outside a strange cat got in the apartment. They chased it under the kitchen sink.  I had to get the cat with boo and jack hissing at it.  Luckily it didn't attack me.

Jack didn't like to be petted but when I got on the computer he was there demanding to be petted.

#13    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have a bully cat situation on my hands... It's been going on for some time...

There is this rather large shabby looking cat, that bullies my two cats, and their little friend...  My two cats wind up coming in with patches of fur and the odd cut and scrape form fighting this big lump of a cat...

I have caught this bully in our back yard, marking our bushes ( where our cats would sleep at times ) and he lets out this loud MEOW but it lingers, and he does this for a while...  I wonder if he is calling our cats to come out and face him? lol

He almost tore Wallies eye out, his eye was half closed for several days and I could see a cut above it.. And he has injured Misty several times, at one point she was limping on her back leg.  We have caught him, and chased him from the yard, and our two cats run inside, with their tails still bushed out..At that point, Wallie would dash up stairs and you would find him under Beckys bed...I feel sorry for him and his sister..I really want rid of this brute of a cat...This same cat is as big as a Jack Russell, if not slightly bigger.....

I would love to find a way to get rid of this bully of a cat... I don't want to hurt him, but I need something to send him away from hurting my two cats... Becky sometimes would fill up her super soaker gun and squirts the bully with it, he runs off, but not long until he is back making himself heard...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 10 July 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,028 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I have a bully cat situation on my hands... It's been going on for some time...

There is this rather large shabby looking cat, that bullies my two cats, and their little friend...  My two cats wind up coming in with patches of fur and the odd cut and scrape form fighting this big lump of a cat...

I have caught this bully in our back yard, marking our bushes ( where our cats would sleep at times ) and he lets out this loud MEOW but it lingers, and he does this for a while...  I wonder if he is calling our cats to come out and face him? lol

He almost tore Wallies eye out, his eye was half closed for several days and I could see a cut above it.. And he has injured Misty several times, at one point she was limping on her back leg.  We have caught him, and chased him from the yard, and our two cats run inside, with their tails still bushed out..At that point, Wallie would dash up stairs and you would find him under Beckys bed...I feel sorry for him and his sister..I really want rid of this brute of a cat...This same cat is as big as a Jack Russell, if not slightly bigger.....

I would love to find a way to get rid of this bully of a cat... I don't want to hurt him, but I need something to send him away from hurting my two cats... Becky sometimes would fill up her super soaker gun and squirts the bully with it, he runs off, but not long until he is back making himself heard...
I'm thinking mix a small amount of vinegar in with the water in that super soaker - I doubt he'll want to repeat the experience of smelling like vinegar or washing it off his fur with his tongue (only a little tho, maybe a couple of spoonfuls to a litre).  Then spray over where he has sprayed with the same vinegar in the yard - the memory might help make him think twice too.

Edited by libstaK, 10 July 2013 - 01:24 PM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#15    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 10 July 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

I'm thinking mix a small amount of vinegar in with the water in that super soaker - I doubt he'll want to repeat the experience of smelling like vinegar or washing it off his fur with his tongue (only a little tho, maybe a couple of spoonfuls to a litre).  Then spray over where he has sprayed with the same vinegar in the yard - the memory might help make him think twice too.

Hmm sounds like something that just might work..I'll give it a go and see if it works...If it works and he is gone, then I'll let you know, if not..sigh...he will be nicknamed Freddy Kruegar, the nightmare that wont leave  lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users