Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RX: Source of Random & Mass Shootings

WHO U KIDDIN

The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE

From The Washington Post:

Adam Lanza was his name.

Adam P. Lanza, 20, obscure in life, infamous in death.

A really rambunctious kid, as one former neighbor in Newtown, Conn., recalled him, adding that he was on medication. He was the son of an accountant. A family member told investigators that he had a form of autism, a law enforcement official said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/adam-lanza-is-recalled-as-a-rambunctious-kid-with-family-problems/2012/12/14/795ad0fe-4641-11e2-8e70-e1993528222d_story.html

• Like 2

More and more is coming out saying that he wasn't autistic... People really need to calm down until official releases are complete.

• Like 2

IMO, people don't want to deal with the problem which is the easily accessibility of fire arms, so they point at other ways to point the blame. If someone is taking a chemically altering drug, they have problems to begin with. Add fantasy of violence in games and tv and they are unable to differentiate between that and reality...then throw in guns they can get their hands on and you ahve a deadly mix.

IMO, people don't want to deal with the problem which is the easily accessibility of fire arms, so they point at other ways to point the blame. If someone is taking a chemically altering drug, they have problems to begin with. Add fantasy of violence in games and tv and they are unable to differentiate between that and reality...then throw in guns they can get their hands on and you ahve a deadly mix.

Is it really that easy to get an Assault rifle in the US though?

Also people argue saying in the UK there is less gun crime and say it's because guns are illegal in most cases. Especially Assault rifles etc. BUT I disagree that's the reason for less gun crime. I think the real reason is that the UK has amuch smaller population with less diverse ideologies etc.

Even if guns are illegal, they will just be replaced with another weapon. For example, crossbows are legal in the UK, yet you don't hear of mass crossbow killings etc.

Do they plan on taking guns away from law enforcement as well? Cause that pushes criminals to use firearms. Another reason there is less shootings in the UK, our police force isn't allowed of carry firearms.

• Like 2

If they couldn't get a gun they would find some other way to hurt someone. In China the knife seems to be what they use.

This story just goes to prove that divorce can be devastating to kids. Wish something could of been done to deal with his problems before he did this. When someone becomes too quit and withdrawn better wonder whats going on in their head.

• Like 2

I think that in the quest for profits, we have allowed the American Pharmaceutical Industry in partnership with Medical Psychiatry to create a whole generation depended on dangerous RX drugs.

These dangerous psychiatric medicines are supposedly designed to reduce the feelings of anxiety and homicidal or suicidal thoughts that the patient is suffering from, yet for some people it can lead to violence.

In the posted video it states that 50% of the people who perform these violent and murderous acts are on some anti-depressant or other serious medication. I don’t know how true that claim is but I sure the number is high.

I believe we have created a potentially dangerous situation in society by medicating so many people and creating ticking time bombs that sooner or later are bound to go off.

What's sad is that the innocent always pay.

• Like 2

Let me guess. Guns don't kill people but prescription do right? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Yes, they do actually:

This is the company that makes a lot of the over the counter pharmaceutical drugs and prescription drugs. (including things like Rennie's)

• Like 1

'I Am Adam Lanza's Mother':

A Mom's Perspective On The Mental Illness Conversation In America

Friday’s horrific national tragedy -- the murder of 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut -- has ignited a new discussion on violence in America. In kitchens and coffee shops across the country, we tearfully debate the many faces of violence in America: gun culture, media violence, lack of mental health services, overt and covert wars abroad, religion, politics and the way we raise our children. Liza Long, a writer based in Boise, says it’s easy to talk about guns. But it’s time to talk about mental illness....

Read More: http://www.huffingto..._n_2311009.html

First I don't owe guns and neither am I an advocate for the NRA but I think by centering the perspective of this debate on solely the issue of gun control only fuels those forces which want to disarm honest and responsible citizens that believe it's their constitutional right to bear arms.

Not everyone who carries a gun is a psychopath, and should not be judged so. I have friends with children who owe licensed guns, and safely keep their arms locked up and out of harms way.

The real problem in America is that guns are easily accessible to all, and if people with mental issues can get a hold of one then that's when all chaos breaks out. In NYC we have the toughest gun control laws in the nation, yet with $1000 you can still buy an illegal gun if you want one. So any crazy with a few bucks can still buy a gun and inflict these bloody massacres regardless of the strictest gun control laws.

The facts as presented by this video that millions of Americans are medicated with dangerous RX drugs that produce homicidal and suicidal thoughts should not be readily dismissed. The danger that these psychotic drugs pose to these people and all others is quite evident by the continuing occurrence of these school massacres.

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN

'I Am Adam Lanza's Mother':

A Mom's Perspective On The Mental Illness Conversation In America

Friday’s horrific national tragedy -- the murder of 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut -- has ignited a new discussion on violence in America. In kitchens and coffee shops across the country, we tearfully debate the many faces of violence in America: gun culture, media violence, lack of mental health services, overt and covert wars abroad, religion, politics and the way we raise our children. Liza Long, a writer based in Boise, says it’s easy to talk about guns. But it’s time to talk about mental illness....

Read More: http://www.huffingto..._n_2311009.html

First I don't owe guns and neither am I an advocate for the NRA but I think by centering the perspective of this debate on solely the issue of gun control only fuels those forces which want to disarm honest and responsible citizens that believe it's their constitutional right to bear arms.

Not everyone who carries a gun is a psychopath, and should not be judged so. I have friends with children who owe licensed guns, and safely keep their arms locked up and out of harms way.

The real problem in America is that guns are easily accessible to all, and if people with mental issues can get a hold of one then that's when all chaos breaks out. In NYC we have the toughest gun control laws in the nation, yet with $1000 you can still buy an illegal gun if you want one. So any crazy with a few bucks can still buy a gun and inflict these bloody massacres regardless of the strictest gun control laws.

The facts as presented by this video that millions of Americans are medicated with dangerous RX drugs that produce homicidal and suicidal thoughts should not be readily dismissed. The danger that these psychotic drugs pose to these people and all others is quite evident by the continuing occurrence of these school massacres.

That is basically what I stated in my response previously. and THAT makes total sense. It is not one or the other, it is a mixture of circumstances that make up the whole. Personally, I believe that the American culture that contributes to these kinds of happenings. How many people are so up in arms about losing their rights to bear arms over the safety of their neighbours? There has to be compromise to try and fix this trend.

Is it really that easy to get an Assault rifle in the US though?

Also people argue saying in the UK there is less gun crime and say it's because guns are illegal in most cases. Especially Assault rifles etc. BUT I disagree that's the reason for less gun crime. I think the real reason is that the UK has amuch smaller population with less diverse ideologies etc.

Even if guns are illegal, they will just be replaced with another weapon. For example, crossbows are legal in the UK, yet you don't hear of mass crossbow killings etc.

Do they plan on taking guns away from law enforcement as well? Cause that pushes criminals to use firearms. Another reason there is less shootings in the UK, our police force isn't allowed of carry firearms.

:clap::tsu::tu::nw:

• Like 1

Yes SSRI's are dangerous. Get over Big Pharm and grow your own antidepressant.

• Like 1

School Shooting Prozac WITHDRAWAL 2008-02-15 Illinois ** 6 Dead: 15 Wounded: Perpetrator Was in Withdrawal from Med & Acting Erratically

School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 2005-03-24 Minnesota **10 Dead: 7 Wounded: Dosage Increased One Week before Rampage

Complete List here: http://ssristories.c...ex.php?p=school

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN

I agree so much with the point of this thread--powerful psychoactive drugs should NOT be administered to children.

Even back when Columbine happened, the record then of the youngsters involved was that MOST had been treated with these drugs.

Until that is changed, not much else will change either.

Is the prescription the cause of the attacks or is it the dam-wall preventing the attacks from happening sooner?

Is someone who is on the medication just someone who is going to crack one day and kill themselves/others and the meds exacerbating it or preventing it? There are millions of people on anti-depressants, ADHD meds etc etc but is what we're seeing a "all Nazis were German, but not all Germans were Nazis" syndrome? Are the drugs to blame or the people?

• Like 2

I'm on anxiety medicine and I don't have any evil thoughts. Maybe because I'm not on any anti-depressants.

I think these shooting have more to do with Medications than guns. Obviously we don't know anything about the shooters at the moment, but it's a hunch I have.

Is the prescription the cause of the attacks or is it the dam-wall preventing the attacks from happening sooner?

Is someone who is on the medication just someone who is going to crack one day and kill themselves/others and the meds exacerbating it or preventing it? There are millions of people on anti-depressants, ADHD meds etc etc but is what we're seeing a "all Nazis were German, but not all Germans were Nazis" syndrome? Are the drugs to blame or the people?

There is a lot of evidence the antipsychotic SSRI's may indeed be contributing to these symptoms (suicide/homicidal violence). Especially in children and young adults but theres some evidence of it happening in adults as well but at a less frequent level of occurences. Perhaps you see mom drown her 2 kids in the bathtub. Nanny goes appwild while caring for someones kids. these are the adult stories recently of adults on antipsychotics commiting homicide for no reason other then were on meds and possibly depressed. But your average depressed person not medicated will just take there own life or smoke weed as an alternative form of medicating themselves. And I heard someone mention antianxiety meds. Completely different class of drugs unless your offered effexor (SSRI) which is occasionally used as an adjunct treatment to anxiety. If your ever offered SSRI's for depression tell your doctor your allergic to all of them.

Edited by AsteroidX

Now many people do just fine on SSRI's and have no problem at all including a reduction in there depression. But these are adults. The warnings on them for children are clear and labeled. Unfortunately 20 is not a child in the eyes of the Big Pharm.

Its the cause of the attacks. The list of side effects paints a pretty clear picture.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. The fact that so many spree killers are either mentally ill or on medication should suggest that there may be a flaw in the way these people are being treated. Drugs alone don't work and not all drugs work the same for all people. Most medications have a small chance to cause adverse effects, when that happens a doctor is supposed to change the persons prescription. Patients need more regular contact with their doctors. They need around the clock access to councillors by phone. Gun culture has some part to play for tragedies like these, but I think overall its vast gaps in mental health care system that should be addressed first.

• Like 2

Yes they will take you from one SSRI to another SSRI which has the same side effects listed. Its absurd.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. The fact that so many spree killers are either mentally ill or on medication should suggest that there may be a flaw in the way these people are being treated. Drugs alone don't work and not all drugs work the same for all people. Most medications have a small chance to cause adverse effects, when that happens a doctor is supposed to change the persons prescription. Patients need more regular contact with their doctors. They need around the clock access to councillors by phone. Gun culture has some part to play for tragedies like these, but I think overall its vast gaps in mental health care system that should be addressed first.

A little bit naive. Supposed to do this, small chance of adverse effects, more this, more that. Not very persuasive.

The practice today, and has been for at least a decade, is that certain children are medicated with powerful drugs, OFF LABEL, for years of their lives. I remember a conversation with a 16 year old girl who had been on such medicine for more than half of her young life.

NO studies have been done regarding the effects of chronic and long term use of these substances on children. Or rather, one might make a case that these violent outbreaks and shootings ARE the study. They and we are guinea pigs, undergoing individual and social experiments.

• Like 1

Yes they will take you from one SSRI to another SSRI which has the same side effects listed. Its absurd.

But the same side effects don't occur in every person who takes a certain medication. Most people will get one or two sminor side effects that will subside over a week or two. Not to mention there are other forms of anti-depressants. This isn't an epidemic of people on SSRIs commiting spree killings, it's more a matter of many spree killers were on them. You're looking at a symptom and not a cause.

• Like 1

But the same side effects don't occur in every person who takes a certain medication. Most people will get one or two sminor side effects that will subside over a week or two. Not to mention there are other forms of anti-depressants. This isn't an epidemic of people on SSRIs commiting spree killings, it's more a matter of many spree killers were on them. You're looking at a symptom and not a cause.