Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New species of lizard discovered in Australia

Still Waters

A new species of lizard has been discovered fighting to survive among the sand dunes outside Perth in Western Australia, scientists said.

They fear it is only a matter of time before the two-inch long Ctenotus ora, or the coastal plains skink, will be extinct with urban sprawl rapidly closing in.

http://www.telegraph...sand-dunes.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mnemonix

• pallidin

• Still Waters

• Ashotep

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty, but unfortunate that it could go extinct soon :(

I'm sad that the Tasmanian Tiger went extinct as well, I never had the chance to see one.

There are so many things on the verge of extinction. I don't know how we will save most since the big problem is too many people. Unless we have some sort of plague or natural disaster I don't see the human population going down.

There are so many things on the verge of extinction. I don't know how we will save most since the big problem is too many people. Unless we have some sort of plague or natural disaster I don't see the human population going down.

I know it's not going to help, but I'm not having any offspring :lol:

So many amazing things newly and undiscovered in Nature.

I just hope we don't destroy Nature.

I always love these articles about new species found. They make me feel hopeful... Until they end with, urban. Scrawl may render them extinct. :( sigh....

Must be hard to tell if it's a new species or not, it looks like any other skink around here.

It's funny that they can find a new lizard species that is just 6cm long but Bigfoot hunters can't find any evidence close to a bigfoot.

wow... but what help does it give having a new species found? the looks maybe new but i thinks a skill are more needed to be new...like having a tounge long enough to kill a camel in the desert..

I know it's not going to help, but I'm not having any offspring :lol:

I tried to be more proactive about population control, the judge just called it 'murder'. -ba-dum-tsh-